Execution, Restraints and Torture

2
Okay, I'll try and make this as easy to understand as possible. Especially for our non-english speaking friends out there.

1) Execution - Just like it sounds, I think that this game is seriously lacking in ways of player to player execution. It would be a great tool for landowners, lords and any of the noble class to use on the subjects of their realm. Some ideas would be a simple animation of someone leaning over on their knees and you are free to swing your sword at their head. Others could include actual execution style equipment. Things like hanging people with rope, or cutting off their head.

2) Restraints - Before you can execute anyone, you need to be able to capture and restrain them. I will be honest, I've thought long and hard about this feature and I think the only fair way to implement it into Life is Feudal is if you can only capture trespassers or people you have declared war on, script wise. You'd also need a specific item to tie their hands, something like rope or chain links. This would allow you to arrest people, search their inventory and finally execute them.

3) Torture - My final suggestion, torture could be used a tool of punishment for players who are caught by the law or enemy. My vision for this feature would be that torturing people, using various medieval methods, would destroy their skills in the same way dying does. This would be something you could only do to trespassers and enemies. It could be even be used in role-play clans(like my own) and many others around the server.

Some food for thought, please feel free to criticize and add your own ideas!
Like
Comments (4)
  • Accepted Answer

    Tuesday, August 01 2017, 12:28 PM - #Permalink
    0
    Appreciate the insight Royal, I think me and you are definitely on the same page. Just adds to the immersion of the game and let's be honest, who doesn't want to lop a criminals head off in Medieval times?
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Friday, July 28 2017, 01:04 AM - #Permalink
    0
    In the stronghold series there were a few games with justice oriented objects, one of the games if was big in maintaining the happiness levels by cracking down on crime and it was a good system that helped a lot with immersion.


    Davis105 wrote:
    1) Execution - Just like it sounds, I think that this game is seriously lacking in ways of player to player execution. It would be a great tool for landowners, lords and any of the noble class to use on the subjects of their realm. Some ideas would be a simple animation of someone leaning over on their knees and you are free to swing your sword at their head. Others could include actual execution style equipment. Things like hanging people with rope, or cutting off their head.


    Weighing fun for the community vs the view and perception of the game to the public will be the hard part here, trying to keep it low key but still effective would be good, something like a headmen's block or something, with the animation being what ever the developers feel like.

    Davis105 wrote:
    2) Restraints - Before you can execute anyone, you need to be able to capture and restrain them. I will be honest, I've thought long and hard about this feature and I think the only fair way to implement it into Life is Feudal is if you can only capture trespassers or people you have declared war on, script wise. You'd also need a specific item to tie their hands, something like rope or chain links. This would allow you to arrest people, search their inventory and finally execute them.


    Pretty solid

    Davis105 wrote:
    3) Torture - My final suggestion, torture could be used a tool of punishment for players who are caught by the law or enemy. My vision for this feature would be that torturing people, using various medieval methods, would destroy their skills in the same way dying does. This would be something you could only do to trespassers and enemies. It could be even be used in role-play clans(like my own) and many others around the server.


    Same as #1
    Overall could be a good thing for both casual players and RPers
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Sunday, July 23 2017, 07:50 PM - #Permalink
    0
    My vision for this feature would be that torturing people, using various medieval methods, would destroy their skills in the same way dying does. This would be something you could only do to trespassers and enemies. It could be even be used in role-play clans(like my own) and many others around the server.


    Like I said, torture would be used to take skill points from enemies just like killing them does. Making torture worse then death in a sense. And sure it could have a negative alignment effect for the user, that's actually a great idea.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

    Sunday, July 23 2017, 04:06 PM - #Permalink
    0
    Will it have what negative effects? After all, this is a evil thing.
    And to the victim, what will be the consequences?
    The reply is currently minimized Show
Your Comment