1st Test Run of Closed Beta Tests is Over!

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.

PadreDenk
Beta Tester

Re: 1st Test Run of Closed Beta Tests is Over!

Post by PadreDenk » 28 Dec 2016, 15:49

Karabas wrote:Thanks, Team, for fun in this run! :Yahoo!: :Bravo:

Btw, we just cant get enougth ! :angel:

The worst thing was often crashes of client, especially on server-border crossing and during fights.
BUT we almost got used to these crashes and ready to continue playing .
We need no additional attention (mostly) and we could promise not to call GMs to every single buged horse =)

No even need to turn ON daily or weekly JH.... servers are not ready for large scale wars.... actually as it is right now the BIG armies of 50+ ppl just cant even start to move... every minute few people will be in state of crash =)

Our raids by 3-10 ppl groups can give us enougth of fun....

All we ask - open servers earlier ..... we had hope it will be like 8-12 january.... but "beginning of february" is very bad news :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: =(((

p.s. If it is technically possible - how many votes must be collected to OPEN servers earlier? make a poll please =) :angel:

+1!!!

Darkaura
Zealous Believer

Post by Darkaura » 28 Dec 2016, 16:13

It should be clearly mentioned on the "Join Beta / buy here" page that the game is going to be down for a very long time or you will generate much hate towards bitbox.

Yotoni
Zealous Believer

Post by Yotoni » 28 Dec 2016, 18:50

Darkaura wrote:It should be clearly mentioned on the "Join Beta / buy here" page that the game is going to be down for a very long time or you will generate much hate towards bitbox.

Despite all the good work being done so far through development, the way today's announcement is made is a lack of professionalism and it gives a bad image.

If people are supporting you by buying supporter packs, they do that in order for you to develop, not to go on holiday as apparently most the team is now. I agree everyone needs holiday but then plan holidays BEFORE the supporter packs sales opening. These packs were put on sale mid-December and just 2 weeks later you go on holiday with last minute announcement. It would have been the minimum of politeness to clearly notify us about this break before it happens, and not through random indirect discussions on the forum.

I hope you guys understand that and your marketing team will improve to proper communication in the future to build a relation based on trust with your core customers.

We care about the project so we are counting on you.

Lerp8674
True Believer

Post by Lerp8674 » 28 Dec 2016, 19:25

Please implement 64 bit programming for the love of vinter

Ivanbalbuena82
True Believer

Post by Ivanbalbuena82 » 28 Dec 2016, 19:28

This is a joke, and the point stops playing life is feudal, the payment for the game and then the payment for entering the mmo that at no time I was told to close the mmo in a couple of days, the old one should Take a couple of months to wave two at any time it was closed, I am very angry with the developers, is playing with us and we want to have the mmo already. Or reimburse us the money to buy another game since it is a joke. It matters that you have flaws and that we actually play without problems. Always with lies and a yes as always giving us false hopes saying that the game would end and if we are a couple of years. Either there will be the game or I'll go to another game.

MaximusArkaims
Zealous Believer

Post by MaximusArkaims » 28 Dec 2016, 19:52

The worst thing was often crashes of client, especially on server-border crossing and during fights.
We need no additional attention (mostly) and we could promise not to call GMs to every single buged horse =)

No even need to turn ON daily or weekly JH.... servers are not ready for large scale wars.... actually as it is right now the BIG armies of 50+ ppl just cant even start to move... every minute few people will be in state of crash =)

All we ask - open servers earlier ..... we had hope it will be like 8-12 january.... but "beginning of february" is very bad news :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: =(((

p.s. If it is technically possible - how many votes must be collected to OPEN servers earlier? make a poll please =) :angel:

+1..... на самом деле как минимум +30! Потому что весь Аркаим присоединяется! В том числе на счет дичайших крашей и, в связи с этим, бессмысленности СЧ.

Ingwar_Oldy
Devoted Believer

Post by Ingwar_Oldy » 28 Dec 2016, 20:11

лол. приехал с командировки. а тут такое)

Arthur Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Arthur Pendragon » 28 Dec 2016, 20:20

Dont listen to the entitled brats, most of us knew about the Wave 1 break since at least the 16th and can accept that they need to celebrate christmas and sort out the bug reports and data they have collected.

I will miss playing the MMO for a month but Im not going to bitch and moan at the devs for needed downtime during a closed beta!

Maybe if you all (the complainers) were more involved in the game and forums you wouldn't be so surprised when your ignorance causes you to miss out on information freely available!

Phil27
Zealous Believer

Post by Phil27 » 28 Dec 2016, 22:01

+1111111111111111
SO PLEEEEEEEEASSEEEEEEEEEEEE

DismondPomenyay
True Believer

Post by DismondPomenyay » 28 Dec 2016, 22:18

+1

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 28 Dec 2016, 22:35

I've been actively reading and writing on forums for a while now, and I have to say, there is one thing that kinda pisses me off.

People have the idea that if a game is in beta, that means that customers should tolerate everything, accept anything, and be prepared for any kind of problem, whether it's communication, crashes, bugs, server stability or downtime, anything at all.

"it's beta" DOES NOT MEAN THAT... It is not a blank cheque to the devs from the customers and a note saying "do whatever the hell you like we don't care and it doesn't matter because it's beta"

Everyone has a different limit, for example concerning the long downtime, many think that a few weeks is acceptable. Some in that group may think 2 months would be acceptable. A minority might think that 6 months downtime would be acceptable.

But that, the "acceptability limit", that's defined by the customers.

"it's beta" is independent from the customers. There are industry standards, norms even, usual ways of doing things that are accepted by game companies around the world. Those standards, are never a blank cheque for a closed beta, they are never "do whatever you like we will forgive you because it's beta.

Especially when we are forking out 40 Euros for it.

/end of rant and sorry wall of text to me it's important the people making this game and the fanboys at least know about this if not understand it ..

Arthur Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Arthur Pendragon » 28 Dec 2016, 23:19

you are not a "customer", the item you bought was the MMO once it releases!

you are a tester, you were invited to TEST the game in its current state and provide input and report bugs that you find!

you did NOT pay for beta, it was a free extra for either owning a package or being selected.

you have no "rights" to demand/cry/piss&moan about how long they require to sort through the data, repair bugs or add new features during this stage!

plus it is christmas for them, who are you to tell them when they can or cannot take some time off.

Ivanbalbuena82
True Believer

Post by Ivanbalbuena82 » 29 Dec 2016, 01:34

You say free time, I page for the mmo, page for the game and page apart for the mmo and does not put that when paying the pack the mmo is free, it says that if you want to play the early access for the mmo you have to buy one of the Pack, Two years of waiting for the mmo, many vacations and breaks have been taken already I think. I am already very anxious that it is finished doing the mmo already. But with the money they have raised I think it's time to expand the team of programmers and finish it already at once the game. That do not sell the motorcycle that are lining at the expense of all of us and at this stage the game does not finish until 2019. but before they finish they take out a dlc to get you more money and take out pack to get the money and never finish The game but if you finish you out of pocket

Beretta7
True Believer

Post by Beretta7 » 29 Dec 2016, 03:25

Bakb0ne wrote:you are not a "customer", the item you bought was the MMO once it releases!

you are a tester, you were invited to TEST the game in its current state and provide input and report bugs that you find!

you did NOT pay for beta, it was a free extra for either owning a package or being selected.

you have no "rights" to demand/cry/piss&moan about how long they require to sort through the data, repair bugs or add new features during this stage!

plus it is christmas for them, who are you to tell them when they can or cannot take some time off.

You have either been mentally absent for the last 5 years or are very naive. Paid early release and beta's are a business now. Your whole premise hasn't been valid in the world of gaming for years.

Arthur Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Arthur Pendragon » 29 Dec 2016, 04:26

Beretta7 wrote:You have either been mentally absent for the last 5 years or are very naive. Paid early release and beta's are a business now. Your whole premise hasn't been valid in the world of gaming for years.

Ofcourse I know about early access, that doesnt apply here.

I have been in both Lif:MMO betas (the short one and wave1) and havent had to pay anything.

Wave 2 will bring everyone who owns LiF:YO to the Beta who still dont have to spend anything.

The only people who are spending money are the Supporters who are buying packs for the MMO which grant FREE access to the closed betas.

No-one has PAYED for the Beta directly.

Libeer
True Believer

Post by Libeer » 29 Dec 2016, 05:38

I liked the first run of the first wave of the mmo. Much stabler then I had anticipated, less stable then I hoped :p

5 weeks downtime or even more is fine as long as the improvements are real(I know we might not always notice some of the stuff that takes a lot of work).

Happy holidays
Last edited by Libeer on 29 Dec 2016, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 29 Dec 2016, 07:12

Ivanbalbuena82 wrote:You say free time, I page for the mmo, page for the game and page apart for the mmo and does not put that when paying the pack the mmo is free, it says that if you want to play the early access for the mmo you have to buy one of the Pack, Two years of waiting for the mmo, many vacations and breaks have been taken already I think. I am already very anxious that it is finished doing the mmo already. But with the money they have raised I think it's time to expand the team of programmers and finish it already at once the game. That do not sell the motorcycle that are lining at the expense of all of us and at this stage the game does not finish until 2019. but before they finish they take out a dlc to get you more money and take out pack to get the money and never finish The game but if you finish you out of pocket

The Elio Motorcar, has been taking money for cars since the end of 2014, they have pushed back the release of the car twice and are possibly going to push it back a third time. So yes they did sell a three-wheeled car (some states call that a motorcycle) in 2014 that most likely wont be on driveways till end of 2018-2019. Your analogy is flawed. Do you want a working product or not? It takes time to do this, if you can do better then do it yourself, otherwise have faith that your extremely tiny investment will pay off.

Ivanbalbuena82
True Believer

Post by Ivanbalbuena82 » 29 Dec 2016, 10:44

I am very happy with the work they are doing, what I am not happy about is the time they are taking, with the money raised and could hire a couple more programmers and 3d modelers to advance the game.

Karabas
Alpha Tester

Post by Karabas » 29 Dec 2016, 12:00

Libeer wrote:Prosperity dominated

LOL??? where???? 30 meters radius around ur monument? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gray tag. Gray axe.Image

Lewisj7366
Zealous Believer

Post by Lewisj7366 » 29 Dec 2016, 15:23

I"m glad wave1 is over.. When you die and lose skill over swimming from 1 server to another server that is B.S. You didn't even need to swim to do it . I lost my horse & got sent back to the starter area too , only going from 1 server to another again . My 1st 5hrs of the game was starring at my screen to "Initialzing bug ". Got on the forums to find a way to into the game ( ctrl +~ ) then had to put my code into the console ( ConnectToGameServer) . Then there was times the server dispatcher kicked me off for no reason . Or the server just crashes and you had to wait till it got up again to try to play the game. So I'm sorry those of you didn't experience my pain . To be honest I rather not even played a game in this shape. I agree on the devs for pulling the plug but they should have done so sooner thro. At the same time I don't agree on them not doing a wipe for wave2.

Beta Tester

Baldar
Zealous Believer

Post by Baldar » 29 Dec 2016, 17:32

:Bravo:
Libeer wrote:I liked the first run of the first wave of the mmo. Much stabler then I had anticipated, less stable then I hoped :p

5 weeks downtime or even more is fine as long as the improvements are real(I know we might not always notice some of the stuff that takes a lot of work).

Happy holidays.

Prosperity dominated the first run of the first wave of the mmo, we'll be back for more!

ps. I googled 'Russian Submission' in order to add a funny picture portraying the losses of the United Slavic Armies, I'm gonna have nightmares of what I saw on that google page^^

Singlas
True Believer

Post by Singlas » 30 Dec 2016, 08:25

I googled «Russian Submission» too. After viewed what google saw me, I have advice, don't googling «Russian Submission» :no:

About topic subject: I don't have butthurt about long time breack. I understand developers motives. They want stabilizes game performance and stability. I hope they do that, when second test run starts. 30 days walks fast
Name: Singlas
Guild: Legion
Ocupation: Apotecary, Herbalist, Healer;

Bodil
Devoted Believer

Post by Bodil » 30 Dec 2016, 15:55

CONTENTS OF THIS POST HAVE BEEN HIDDEN DUE TO
VULGAR LANGUAGE AND PROVOCATIVE ATTITUDE

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 30 Dec 2016, 16:37

Massive testing breaks has killed every mmo attempting it before it launches. Crowfall, down to a few hundred returning players, mainly the fanbois. OfKingsandMen (destroyed whole heartedly by developers not being able to deliver.) Now has about 10 fanbois left. Revelations online a triple A mmorpg, took a MONTH break and delivered nothing new in the next CBT2, lost 75% SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT of its player base reported by each and every guild. It's beta do as you please, its a gift to test, blah blah, no its a gift to make it in this industry and doing so is a testament of your player base. Steer clear of choices that wounds, steals or punishes that player base, even a good guild leader understands this concept.

What do you lose by developing a running game with weekly downtime to input new changes, nothing you lose nothing. What do you lose with a month of downtime people playing new games where yours could not deliver the availability they expect out of the CIA triangle, player base you lose more player base than all your bugs could of destroyed. Imagine being that player who bought the game and could not log in EVER, then looks at the forums to see they took it down for a month, or had just bought it. That refund button and argument with the bank starts to feel quite worth it. Name me one successful game with CBT "waves" its a new concept that has failed every MMO trying it. Give people something to play, report more bugs and deal with being behind the curve, it eventually levels out, is this a business or a hobby? Maybe the availability of servers is not taught in Russia for successful products.

I will play a year whatever it takes you to iron it out, test more and break more for you. Many games historically succeeded perfectly fine without major month long down times, this concept is piss poor laziness, and maybe the role you chose in life should be reviewed if its just to much for you.

This is fact, any fanboi who wants to defend "for a more stable games take a year of downtime I dont care" (Then wake up call you do not care about the game at all, we already have under 1000 players on a map meant for X10 that). Many developers kept their servers running while making a more stable game, weekly updates is how you know they are actually utilizing the money you invest properly. What they are doing now is simply showing people a lack of dedication and how unstable they are as developers. As always I will remain, supporting the game, the decisions of the developers is forever short sited, hurtful to the game and make me come up with more bullshit lies to keep players interested. :beer: Enjoy the new years that could of been easily done with a skeleton crew, and no updates for the next week while running the game for all these people buying into your product.

Hoping the voice of your players and the repeating post mean something to you. I am not moaning or threatening to leave, just pointing at the backlash, statistics of the path already taken and failed by others and the obvious elephant in the room when it comes to caring about the very lifeblood of your game, your players. (not here to argu, simple give my input as a tester wont reply to fanboi's and the uneducated, with no degree or testing experience.) I would buy a 10000 dollar pack to support this games development, especially if it meant a developer who cared to work, keep servers running and fix issues as the presented themselves, you know the job of a DBA, programmers and support team.

Solsty

Post by Solsty » 01 Jan 2017, 01:31

What is this beta test? Why you shut it up? :shock: I would like to buy a test but you close it??? Why? :fool: Its not a test, its just a end of a game. And (game over) is not a relatively try to throw a new game alive! I belive, you do not know how to trow a games mmo alive. :evil: Start a new wave rapidely...i would like to play... :beer:

Vombat
True Believer

Post by Vombat » 01 Jan 2017, 10:28

Очень приятно купить игру, а потом узнать, что она остановлена до февраля. Вы серьезно?
Разместите хотя-бы нормальную объяву на странице продажи, а не такую, которую начнаешь искать после того как войти в игру не можешь.
Первое впечатление ужасное.

Leh5346
True Believer

Post by Leh5346 » 01 Jan 2017, 12:57

Здравствуйте объясните зачем отключили сервера ? ради чего ? помоему патчить игру можно и с включёнными серверами, просто объясните техническую сторону вопроса, или это какойто маркетинговый ход ? купил доступ на збт поиграл две недели и теперь до февраля нипоиграть, это полная лажа

Bodil
Devoted Believer

Post by Bodil » 01 Jan 2017, 18:38

Unbeaten wrote:Massive testing breaks has killed every mmo attempting it before it launches. Crowfall, down to a few hundred returning players, mainly the fanbois. OfKingsandMen (destroyed whole heartedly by developers not being able to deliver.) Now has about 10 fanbois left. Revelations online a triple A mmorpg, took a MONTH break and delivered nothing new in the next CBT2, lost 75% SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT of its player base reported by each and every guild. It's beta do as you please, its a gift to test, blah blah, no its a gift to make it in this industry and doing so is a testament of your player base. Steer clear of choices that wounds, steals or punishes that player base, even a good guild leader understands this concept.

What do you lose by developing a running game with weekly downtime to input new changes, nothing you lose nothing. What do you lose with a month of downtime people playing new games where yours could not deliver the availability they expect out of the CIA triangle, player base you lose more player base than all your bugs could of destroyed. Imagine being that player who bought the game and could not log in EVER, then looks at the forums to see they took it down for a month, or had just bought it. That refund button and argument with the bank starts to feel quite worth it. Name me one successful game with CBT "waves" its a new concept that has failed every MMO trying it. Give people something to play, report more bugs and deal with being behind the curve, it eventually levels out, is this a business or a hobby? Maybe the availability of servers is not taught in Russia for successful products.

I will play a year whatever it takes you to iron it out, test more and break more for you. Many games historically succeeded perfectly fine without major month long down times, this concept is piss poor laziness, and maybe the role you chose in life should be reviewed if its just to much for you.

This is fact, any fanboi who wants to defend "for a more stable games take a year of downtime I dont care" (Then wake up call you do not care about the game at all, we already have under 1000 players on a map meant for X10 that). Many developers kept their servers running while making a more stable game, weekly updates is how you know they are actually utilizing the money you invest properly. What they are doing now is simply showing people a lack of dedication and how unstable they are as developers. As always I will remain, supporting the game, the decisions of the developers is forever short sited, hurtful to the game and make me come up with more bullshit lies to keep players interested. :beer: Enjoy the new years that could of been easily done with a skeleton crew, and no updates for the next week while running the game for all these people buying into your product.

Hoping the voice of your players and the repeating post mean something to you. I am not moaning or threatening to leave, just pointing at the backlash, statistics of the path already taken and failed by others and the obvious elephant in the room when it comes to caring about the very lifeblood of your game, your players. (not here to argu, simple give my input as a tester wont reply to fanboi's and the uneducated, with no degree or testing experience.) I would buy a 10000 dollar pack to support this games development, especially if it meant a developer who cared to work, keep servers running and fix issues as the presented themselves, you know the job of a DBA, programmers and support team.

Please put this in every forum section as a sticky. Extremely on point.

Lustmord
Beta Tester

Post by Lustmord » 02 Jan 2017, 16:52

Dear Devs,
Have you been following any of the big fights that occurred during this test? For anybody that doesn't know it for some reason, the trend right now are horses. Either lancers or horse archers. 90% of people were using one of these in any big or small fights in the MMO. I could live for now with archers using horses, because these horses can be an easy target for friendly archers and lancers, leaving enemy archers alone in field.
What I don't understand is why lancers on a dirt cheap warhorse are so OP right now? Why the warhorse without any armor has 2-3 more hp that any foot soldier? Why a horse without any kind of protection is not dead after a couple of good thrusts to it's throat or a heavy hit to it's legs? Why the lance damage is so high? Basically a lancer can kill anybody in 3 hits. To kill a warhorse you need 10-15 hits from a partisan. Why the warhorse is regenerating health faster that a god damn wolverine? Why the rider can get on horse instantly, without any progress bar or cast time, without any chance to interrupt it?
You can say that we can use traps against horses, but a lancer has to be either blind or stupid to step into them. You can say that we have pikes against them, but the pikes are trash since it immobilizes the user and can be viable only in a 1v1 situation A pikeman is a sweet cherry for any archer, melee or even a 2nd lancer that just charges his back. Shields won't help much here as well, you'll just die slower. From the whole arsenal, there are only polerams that can be somehow useful against horses. Considering the fantastic balance for polearms and weapons in general, we can throw out everything except Partisan and maybe Glaive. I wouldn't have a problem if all things I described would work only for heavy horses, that could have some logic since it's expensive, has metal armor, requires a lot of extra skillpoints and is slow. What I don't agree with, is that a class should be so much better than anything else in the game, has speed, damage, HP advantage over everything else.

Digdug

Post by Digdug » 02 Jan 2017, 21:24

I disputed my transaction with pay-pal. Ill let you guys know how it goes. This is bullshit, The beta wave #1 was advertised as a few months long with a short break on the 28th of December.

Return to News and Information