A Farmer's Life - Life is Feudal Diary

All your fan creations go here!

DaddyLovebone
Zealous Believer

A Farmer's Life - Life is Feudal Diary

Post by DaddyLovebone » 06 Oct 2014, 02:30

Entry I

Dear Mr. Diary!

The strangest thing happened to me this morning. I could have sworn I went to bed on the cold hard floor of my tiny shack, yet when I woke up - I was on top of it. That is not the only strange thing that has happened lately, as I have been hearing noises at night, strange noises. It is as if the devil is playing a trick on me, as I hear the awful screeching sound of chickens... Don't you laugh at me Mr. D, I am not mad, nay I say, I am not mad, for when I went to check on my chicken coops, all the chickens had died of old age, two days ago. Yet, they are making noises as if they were living and breathing, calling out to me to come and feed them, clear the dung, and harvest their eggs.

Ghosts of chickens, that is what they are, I am sure of it. I have been praying hard all day long, yet not hard enough it seems, no matter the amount of begging the lord - I can still hear the chickens.

DurtyFree
Beta Tester

Re: A Farmer's Life - Life is Feudal Diary

Post by DurtyFree » 02 Jan 2015, 01:18

Awesome write style haha, laughed hard at this :D

Bionoman

Post by Bionoman » 12 Jan 2015, 12:08

*BAGAWK*

DaddyLovebone
Zealous Believer

Post by DaddyLovebone » 04 May 2016, 22:46

Entry II

Dear Mr. Diary!

I know, it has been far too many days since my last correspondence - years in fact. Remembering to write my story on paper is a task I have forgotten, so many crops taking my full attention as of late, and so many adventures.

Today, upon landing on shore of a new land - that mistakenly looked a lot like the one i left behind a while ago - I searched high and low for civilization, and was able to find a castle of sorts, filled with people.

They called themselves Vanirsson's, and it was by far the largest family I have ever seen. Many of which were brothers, and only a few sisters... with very deep sounding voices. I think I could fall in love, with time. At first they welcomed me as their vassal farmer, and I quickly began plowing and sowing to keep my new liege happy. Planting no less than a hundred and twenty flax seeds, it was time for a well deserved break.

With thoughts of mead and loose women, I ventured to the local kitchen to get fed, and as I was eating fried salmon I was approached by an armed man of the Vanirsson's that stabbed with with a knife, then asked who I was - clearly these people are backwards, or I am forwards, I am not sure which is true Mr. D.

I now live in mortal peril to please my new overlords, and I shall be the best farmer ever seen walking these parts.

DaddyLovebone
Zealous Believer

Post by DaddyLovebone » 07 May 2016, 13:44

Entry III

Dear Mr. Diary

I have been living among the Vanirs Krigsmen for several days now, as their serf. I sleep poorly, am overworked and even got forced into battle on several occasions against my will.

I have experienced many strange customs among these savages over the past few days, one that is outright endangering my sanity and physical health.

One custom which is apparently whenever a brother of the Vanirs passes another person, they are bashing said individual with their shields. Perhaps some sort of mating ritual or test of manhood. It has happened to me often, so much that I have grown hard skin on my buttocks from the inevitable fall that occurs whenever this custom is acted out.

These people are self-identified architectural geniuses, yet fail at constructing a simply logical gatehouse. I tell you Mr. D, mockery and laughter had no end when I suggested making a dirt ramp leading up to the gate house instead of placing wooden logs to jump up the 3 metre tall wall. I am still puzzled on how to wheel my cart full of produce up such an obstacle when I return from the fields.

Have these savages not heard of siege ladders?! Instead they build bark boxes to climb walls during combat. They seem very intent of re-inventing the wheel in all their activities, instead of using civilized means of achieving goals like I am used to.

Seeker
Alpha Tester

Post by Seeker » 29 Jun 2016, 23:20

Amazing. Keep up a good work sir!
black-company-t1439/ Recruiting young mongrels, misfits and noobs since 2014) 'One day we will find our homeland!'

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/blackc ... 9431228985

Return to Fan Zone