Once again we want to thank our community for helping us to develop our game! Due to recent load tests that were performed along with our community members, we’ve managed to find some code that was not optimal. Fixing these code parts resulted in a significant server performance boost that can vary from 10% to 25%!
We’ve also implemented one of the highly-requested features by our community - an observe mode that can be used while running.
Patch notes (ver. 126.96.36.199):
New features and tweaks:
- Implemented new Observe mode that can be enabled by hitting F3 (by default). You can now see terrain tiles altitude and block status while moving.
- Buildings that were destroyed by decay or by siege damage now destroy all movable object on/inside those buildings. Items that were inside those buildings and movable containers are being dropped into ruins, but partially lost during collapse.
- Server admins can now setup telnet remote connection to their server console by typing telnetSetParameters(#port#, "fullAccessPass", "readOnlyPass");
- Updated wooden keep model
- Managed to achieve a significant server side performance boost
- Fixed a couple of model collision meshes to be more adequate
- Fixed an overpowered “lance-slashing” combat technique that resulted in enormous amounts of damage
- Creating screenshots should no longer slightly freeze your client
P.S. We’re still working hard with MMO bugs and fixes along with a new Guilds system that took us a bit longer than we’ve expected, to make it work properly. We hope that in a few weeks we will be ready to start wave #1 of the beta tests. Thanks for your patience and support!