Adding a new recipe

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own

Grumnir

Adding a new recipe

Post by Grumnir » 26 Nov 2014, 06:05

Hi, I tried to add a new recipe in the game but got some problems I need your advices.

I added a new recipe in the lif server database : id = 612, producing a chair with the construction skill ( copy and paste from the floor lamp => startingtoolsid = 44 and skillid =18 ).
I added the same recipe_requirement of the chair for the new recipe in the corresponding table (recipeid=612).

I updated the recipe.xml and recipe_requirement.xml in the client side with the same values.

And I restarted the server and the game.

I tried to construct something => the chair was at the end of the list, I succeed to put on the ground the construction site, but when I tried to access it with the mouse right button => nothing, just deconstruct ability appeared...

A friend with the carpentry skill tried, and he was able to construct the chair.

It seems the server ignored the startingtoolid and skill values of the new recipe and used the original chair recipe ones ...

Any idea of what I missed ? Are recipes hardcoded with the resultobjectid ?

My goal is at term to add custom recipes for custom items.

RudgerWolvram

Re: Adding a new recipe

Post by RudgerWolvram » 06 Jan 2015, 16:52

I believe the you have to add some additional ID's to the skills XML file on both sides. Without digging to much into this particular setup, I believe there are ID's for actions on objects within a given skill. Say you want to be able to construct a chair with the herbalism skill, you'd have to look in the herbalism skill set and add a construct set of skills and IDs, set a skill level required, this includes the object type IDs. A chair "sign" is not the same object as a chair itself, so you have to find the unmovable object that is a chair construction project and add it to the skills XML file as a "construct" action.

Neverlamer7

Post by Neverlamer7 » 05 Jul 2018, 11:28

So, is it possible to add new recipes somehow?

Neverlamer7

Post by Neverlamer7 » 06 Jul 2018, 11:43

any suggestions?

KuraiSeraph

Post by KuraiSeraph » 14 Jul 2018, 14:18

Hello,

Yes u can add new recipe. For a Object u need a 3D Model in dts format. Add this object into the client objcets_types.xml and cm_objects.xml. Make a recipe to build this Object with recipe.xml and recipe_requirement.xml.

On the Server add the Object to cm_objects.xml and in the dump.sql add under Dumping data for table `objects_types` the info from the objcets_types.xml, under Dumping data for table `recipe` the info from the recipe.xml and under Dumping data for table `recipe_requirement`the info from the recipe_requirement.xml

i hope i can help you with this.

Neverlamer7

Post by Neverlamer7 » 16 Jul 2018, 21:37

Thx bro, found how to edit existing ones, there is much unused recipes named "virtual object" in db that can be used to add recepes from existing ones. But your methood gives even greater posibilities for advanced modding, thank you.

Return to Game mods