Additional Body-Stats (Thirst, Temperature, etc)

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
Dragodor
Zealous Believer

Additional Body-Stats (Thirst, Temperature, etc)

Post by Dragodor » 08 Jun 2015, 09:35

Hiho,

what about additional body-stats e.g.

- Body-Temperature

(you can get cold, when you get in snowy or icy areas, or in the night it's colder outside than by day so you need warmer clothes and so on)

- Thirsty-Stats

(you have to drink regularly to avoid dehydration)

- Sickness / Poisoning

(you can get sick for example eating uncooked meat)

Cowboy124aa

Re: Additional Body-Stats (Thirst, Temperature, etc)

Post by Cowboy124aa » 15 Jun 2015, 02:29

Things like that will be added later in the development of the game. Closer to the time of release.

Hieve

Post by Hieve » 05 Oct 2016, 12:22

Cowboy124aa wrote:Things like that will be added later in the development of the game. Closer to the time of release.

Sad to see that there is winter now in the release version but no temperature.
Its pretty strange to see naked people running in snow without problem

Kildrith
Zealous Believer

Post by Kildrith » 05 Oct 2016, 12:29

Hieve wrote:Sad to see that there is winter now in the release version but no temperature.
Its pretty strange to see naked people running in snow without problem

I agree with you, but this ideas is more of a polish update, and some "not all" of the content they are working on is more fundamental to the core of the game (guild interactions, with the instanced PvP battles, and new siege mechanics are pretty core)

Adding in more PvE elements are nice and new body stats are a good way to go, hopefully they start working on it after they finish working on the natives.

StuntmanBob

Post by StuntmanBob » 18 Oct 2016, 17:18

I think there are some good suggestions written down. Like this with 112 Votes!

http://lifeisfeudal.com/Discussions/question/cold-hot-and-illness

Dobbles

Post by Dobbles » 18 Oct 2016, 22:06

I disagree that these are last minute features that are added as extra polish. They should be core features to make the game more complex. I find it funny how much people will debate about what swords or armor should be used to be historically accurate, yet I can play forever without drinking water and run around naked all winter. Heck even housing is pointless except for a place to magically teleport to.

I know this isn't just a survival game, but I think there should be a little more challenge than just eat an apple every couple hours.

Hieve

Post by Hieve » 22 Oct 2016, 21:21

Dobbles wrote:I disagree that these are last minute features that are added as extra polish. They should be core features to make the game more complex. I find it funny how much people will debate about what swords or armor should be used to be historically accurate, yet I can play forever without drinking water and run around naked all winter. Heck even housing is pointless except for a place to magically teleport to.

I know this isn't just a survival game, but I think there should be a little more challenge than just eat an apple every couple hours.

this is a good point, drinking is something this game should really have - survival needs it and theres also already so much ressources in that can be used for it (water,brewery, all ingredents needed for possible drinks).
i had the feeling eating was just a better way to rank your jobs faster than for surviving.

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Post by Styxwash » 23 Oct 2016, 21:03

I saw the main dev, Bobik, mention in one interwiew that LIF was never really meant to be a survival game.

Lots of things are far more important right now, LIF can't attract people on its PvE mechanics alone (like Ark) there are no dinosaurs and natives hopefully won't take to much focus from the guild/pvp interaction and economy meta game.

That said, eventually the game would do well with a simple basic needs system, but nothing too harsh, imo. less intrusive to gameplay as in Ark. Mainly i'd like to see temperatures, but managing hunger/thirst shouldn't be a huge time sink.

I'd like to see wool clothes for cold environment and some light penalties for total armor weight in desert climates and more water required when expending stamina.

Dragodor
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragodor » 03 Nov 2016, 11:34

Styxwash wrote:I saw the main dev, Bobik, mention in one interwiew that LIF was never really meant to be a survival game.

Lots of things are far more important right now,
That's absolutely right! :good:
But we should make here some suggestions to improve the game. And some things could be integrated and make the game more authentic, e.g. we have "hunger" (although it's more "repletion" than hunger), so we also can have "thirst", drinking beer, water, wine, and so on, using water-wells more than now...
But that's not really important right now - that's just suggestions... ;)

Styxwash wrote:LIF can't attract people on its PvE mechanics alone (like Ark) there are no dinosaurs...
Yes, and we are deeply grateful about that! :Yahoo!:

Styxwash wrote:Mainly i'd like to see temperatures, but managing hunger/thirst shouldn't be a huge time sink.

I'd like to see wool clothes for cold environment and some light penalties for total armor weight in desert climates and more water required when expending stamina.
I even like the sleep-tired-mechanics e.g. in H1Z1, so the beds and sleeping bags would be more useful.
Later it would be spawning spots, but you also might be able to sleep in it... :)

Chettone

Post by Chettone » 06 May 2017, 04:22

Any news about these mechanics being developed?

Return to Suggestions and Ideas