Adjustment to Skills and Grinding

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Demiwar
Devoted Believer

Adjustment to Skills and Grinding

Post by Demiwar » 05 Jan 2017, 03:52

One thing that I enjoy about this game is the need to specialize, but this is also something that I feel could be handled better. I believe a more efficient set-up would be to remove the skill tree's vast array of pre-reqs (which I will say, is 100x better then the original) and allow all skills to be trained. By doing this, you could allow for true jack of all trade characters to develop with 20-40 points in various skills.

To supplement this, i would also like to see a revamp of how items are unlocked, mainly, that they not need to be. Items could be assigned difficulty values which represent the skill required to craft a Q100 item (and also indicate the effectiveness of that item at Q100). For example, if a falchion has a difficulty of 30, i only need 30 skill (and Q100 materials) to make a Q100 spear. A knight sword on the other hand is more intricate and may have a difficulty of 45, but if made to Q100 would be more effective then the falchion.

The same principle could be applied to buildings. A shack is simple and takes no skill, so in theory anyone can build one themselves to sustain themselves, but if you want to build a real house with a door, you will need the skill to have a well built house thats not falling apart all the time and constantly having to be repaired. Skill above the difficulty could even result in fewer required materials.

The main idea here is to allow players to perform the craft they want to perform from the start, rather then having to grind through undesired skills. As an example, if I want to "run an inn" and be a cook, I first have to become a pretty good farmer. In reality, I should be able to work together with a local farmer to get food materials, rather then having to compete with him first by growing food i cannot effectively use until my farming hits 30.

Food for thought.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas