[Suggestion] Advanced War Mechanics

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Pcfreak9
True Believer

[Suggestion] Advanced War Mechanics

Post by Pcfreak9 » 21 Aug 2017, 18:30

I just had an idea to enhance the war system in life is feudal. Since wars are being fought for a lot of things in the past. From Colonisation/Conquest/Resources or fighting over an Insult.
So how the war system is working now is just an endless war that will just have a Instant battles and thats it. The only end is if 1 of the 2 parties is destroyed in my opinion. So to improve that system and making war more fun,dynamic & realistic.

The course of the war in a percentage called: war score
For me war should be more a lot of field battles back and forth like a tug of war. So let’s say we make a system where every day is held a battle between the defenders and offenders. If the attacker win he will move closer to a siege. If the defenders win they will push out the enemy by 1. Battles will count on war score. The more people join in a battle the more it will influence the war score

1. Implementing different Casus Belli in the game to make different war goals:

Conquest:
The most standard Casus Belli you can have. Before going to war you select what settlement you want to have. So if you win the whole war then you will capture the settlement you have selected. To limit this Casus Belli you can only declare conquest on settlements who are in adjacent server nodes of your kingdom. If you are having a siege on the city you want to capture. There should be a capture zone (like in Total war series) around the monument and if you hold that for X amount of time you have won that war.

Colonization:
This Casus Belli could work as the same conquest only you select a harbor city you want to capture on server nodes that are futher more away then those around you.

Resources:
A war for resources also a pretty common reason to go to war. So when that one is declared 25 % of the goods on which the war is about (like iron) will be locked in to place so that the guild who is being attacked cant access or remove if from their claim so their loot is safe. (off course you can select the iron you want to be locked up in the first place) If you win with a warscore of 100% you get all the resources that are locked up. If you get 50 % you will have the half of the resources that are locked. So every defenders victory secures a bit of resources for them selfs.

Sack:
Some people just want to sack settlements. So by declaring a Sack Casus belli you choose the settlement you want to sack. When you have won this war then you can loot the settlement completely for a certain amount of time (depends on the war score). Its inhabitants cant attack or enter their settlement for that time.

Trade:
You have your rivals and those wars can be used to cripple the enemies economy by demanding gold if you win or just want to destroy some of their buildings while attacking. The goal is to humiliate your enemy and make their currency weaker.

This are just some examples we can use for Casus Belli. Anyway I hope it’s possible in the game and I don’t know what you guys think, but this could enhance the gameplay of LiF MMO in my opinion.
Last edited by Pcfreak9 on 21 Aug 2017, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: [Suggestion] Advanced War Mechanics

Post by Azzerhoden » 21 Aug 2017, 18:41

Some great ideas for a different game.

Life is Feudal has had a 'plan' for what battles and sieges would look like, and need to complete that plan before looking at major revisions. In fact, there is a forum thread containing a list of promised features that still need to be implemented. Lets get all that finished up first.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to Suggestions and Ideas