After Monument's destruction: Cool-off period & Vassalage system

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

After Monument's destruction: Cool-off period & Vassalage system?

1 - Excellent Idea, I am noble in mind and my ennemy can rebuild his monument if he pays me tribute. I think it would be a value-added for both politics and gameplay
80%
2 - I like to have a second chance to rebuild my monument after its destruction but I'd rather die than become a vassal or any kind of slave
No votes
3 - I disagree with both ideas, I want to wipe my ennemy's presence for good and see him leave my territory
20%

Total votes : 5

Yotoni
Zealous Believer

After Monument's destruction: Cool-off period & Vassalage system

Post by Yotoni » 17 May 2017, 18:10

Guilds decimation and villages devastation are part of LIF, you probably all know the feeling when your monument has been destroyed during JH hours after epic battles...

Well now imagine... after your army bravely fought but lost the final battle and the ennemy destroyed your monument, a "cool-off" period (of a week, or 24hrs) that would prevent invaders to rebuild a monument on the ruins could be an opportunity for both parties if it is linked with automatic vassalage (for X months or indefinite):

- An opportunity for the defeated guild which has the choice to rebuild the monument and keep his soil (or leave territory);
- An opportunity for the winning army as the vanquished becomes automatically a vassal by paying regular tribute to the winner through monument sacrifice, for example a X percentage of the sacrifice price would be added to the newly rebuilt monument and is credited to the monument's conqueror.

To sum up, I think LIF can create win-win situations and bring these advantages:
- Give a second chance to defeated guilds with a lesser political power.
- Thus Prevent massive guilds to quit game after full destruction... which at the end has to happen sometimes obviously.
- Simplify the conquests over the map so that conquerors do not need to build monuments over ruins and spread forces to control vast territories.
- Receive regular tributes from vassals through monument.
- Ability to really pacify other guilds through vassalage (vassals cannot declare war against their monarch/lord's guild).

Basically the system could just keep in memory the claim area during this cool-off period and the monument board can show tribute proportions of vassalage.
I have no idea if this is realistic to program but I am just curious about your opinion in poll... Thank you

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Re: After Monument's destruction: Cool-off period & Vassalage system

Post by Hallegra » 17 May 2017, 20:05

+1 for the idea of forced vassalage instead of having monument destruction. That way you don't get groups of players eliminated completely from the game.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas