Allied NPC's

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Mathiased

Allied NPC's

Post by Mathiased » 27 Dec 2016, 22:21

Hey so i was wondering if it will be posible for players to have NPC's under them? :) If not that would be awesome! And something i believe every other Sandbox game in this genre needs as well.

Obviously it shouldn't be that every player has 100 soldiers once they login. It should be realistic so unless you're really rich or have a big clan backing you with funds it's imposible to get that amount of men.
(Maybe even add some sort of noble titles to go with it?)
Sort of like Lord (30 men limit) Baron (60 men) Count (100 men) Duke (150) King (200). Obviously gaining a title wouldn't be easy and you would have to own land, maybe add civilian NPC's in your lands as well.

My point is it would be awesome having your own little village with a few man-at-arms helping to guard it and following your around like bodyguards if you wish for immersion :)

Also being a bandit with your own little crew of 5-10 people would be cool. The posibilites with NPC's are endless :)

Wookiee420
True Believer

Re: Allied NPC's

Post by Wookiee420 » 27 Dec 2016, 23:28

Mathiased wrote:Hey so i was wondering if it will be posible for players to have NPC's under them? :) If not that would be awesome! And something i believe every other Sandbox game in this genre needs as well.

Obviously it shouldn't be that every player has 100 soldiers once they login. It should be realistic so unless you're really rich or have a big clan backing you with funds it's imposible to get that amount of men.
Sort of like Lord (30 men limit) Baron (60 men) Count (100 men) Duke (150) King (200). Obviously gaining a title wouldn't be easy and you would have to own land, maybe add civilian NPC's in your lands as well.

My point is it would be awesome having your own little village with a few man-at-arms helping to guard it and following your around like bodyguards if you wish for immersion :)

Also being a bandit with your own little crew of 5-10 people would be cool. The posibilites with NPC's are endless :)

That can work in single player or in a Mount & Blade style game, but one with this many players would be a technical nightmare.
Even if you're the smallest guild you would have 10 players, if each had NPCs that could be 30each or 300 characters for one guild. There is one server that has at least 3 guilds on it thats a minimum of 30 people or 900 characters. No server can handle that much information, and I am using bare minimum numbers here.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 28 Dec 2016, 12:32

Life is Feudal is all about interaction between players. There won't be npc guards, npc workers or stuff like that. You have to make an effort, find friends, make alliances, build settlements, kingdoms and brace yourselves :crazy:

DEAD_RABBIT
Zealous Believer

Post by DEAD_RABBIT » 14 Jan 2017, 05:11

Arrakis wrote:Life is Feudal is all about interaction between players. There won't be npc guards, npc workers or stuff like that. You have to make an effort, find friends, make alliances, build settlements, kingdoms and brace yourselves :crazy:

Im looking forward to seeing the large scale battle with 100s of real players fighting in a field. Cant really get that in YO.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 14 Jan 2017, 07:19

there will be some evil creatures but NO npcs
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Bafflegor
Zealous Believer

Post by Bafflegor » 14 Jan 2017, 15:27

Mathiased wrote:Hey so i was wondering if it will be posible for players to have NPC's under them? :) If not that would be awesome! And something i believe every other Sandbox game in this genre needs as well.

this can be done with out NPCs just find a good kingdom and then just go out on raids with a small group from said kingdom. This game is not meant for npc guards/workers but rather players doing the same roles you want your npcs to do.

Philippus
True Believer

Post by Philippus » 04 Feb 2017, 15:39

A system of NPCs for the player would bring life and depth to the LiF.

As an example, the Conan Exiles system. It Works very well!

Palladin
True Believer

Post by Palladin » 04 Feb 2017, 16:22

but... we have a lot of real players here. any advantage we can receive from NPC?

Philippus
True Believer

Post by Philippus » 04 Feb 2017, 19:37

Palladin wrote:but... we have a lot of real players here. any advantage we can receive from NPC?

Thank you for talking to me, my friend.

I think of some advantages ...

But one of the main advantages that I believe to be important is to keep the base active and operative during off-line periods of the player.

It would be important for clans with less than 15 members, a possibility of having, say, 25% of NPCs in relation to the number of members.

Larger clans would have smaller permission for NPCs.

DEAD_RABBIT
Zealous Believer

Post by DEAD_RABBIT » 16 Mar 2018, 06:11

donewiththisgame wrote:
Arrakis wrote:Life is Feudal is all about interaction between players. There won't be npc guards, npc workers or stuff like that. You have to make an effort, find friends, make alliances, build settlements, kingdoms and brace yourselves :crazy:

Im looking forward to seeing the large scale battle with 100s of real players fighting in a field. Cant really get that in YO.

After 100's of hours with YO and the MMO I say give us NPCs for single player on YO. Im done playing with others. Frankly people can go "F" themselves. I wont touch the MMO ever again. Period for any reason and if you dont want griefed constanlty by "A" holes and racist you wont want to either. Also update YO your lacking in that. The MMO already has more up to date features. A lot of people want a better single player option with NPCs that can work and fight for you or NPCs that you can fight against and defend your kingdom against. Why dont you DEVS listen to people. Im not the only one that wants this and doesnt want to play with real people. Lots of people have asked for a better single player experience andf you have blantantly ignored this request. Your very capable of doing this but you want people to spend money on the MMO. I get this is a business and your out to make money. Not faulting you, but there are some of us who dont play well with others believe me Ive tried so your saying we need to go out and make friends just doesnt work for everyone. There are a lot of us who just arent team players as much as you want us to be it just isnt going to happen. So why dont you listen to your player base for once and just give in. What harm is it really gonna do. A lot of people simply arent buying this game because you refuse to add the NPC we are asking for.

DEAD_RABBIT
Zealous Believer

Post by DEAD_RABBIT » 16 Mar 2018, 06:22

Philippus wrote:A system of NPCs for the player would bring life and depth to the LiF.

As an example, the Conan Exiles system. It Works very well!

Except Conan is a shit game with or without NPC

DEAD_RABBIT
Zealous Believer

Post by DEAD_RABBIT » 16 Mar 2018, 06:30

Bafflegor wrote:

this can be done with out NPCs just find a good kingdom and then just go out on raids with a small group from said kingdom. This game is not meant for npc guards/workers but rather players doing the same roles you want your npcs to do.

Maybe that works for you but it doesnt work for others.
Some of us like the game except we dont want to play multiplayer. Not on YO server or on the MMO. If you like the MMO so much thats great what harm is it going to do to actually give those who dont want to play the mmo going to do. We already arent going to play multiplayer so essentially by not adding NPC your running off potential buyers or people who like I said liek the4 game but dont want to play with real people. So either way it doesnt effect you and it doesnt cut into the profits of the devs cuz were not playing multiplayer anyways.

Rodar

Post by Rodar » 16 Mar 2018, 11:05

donewiththisgame wrote:
Bafflegor wrote:

Maybe that works for you but it doesnt work for others.
Some of us like the game except we dont want to play multiplayer. Not on YO server or on the MMO. If you like the MMO so much thats great what harm is it going to do to actually give those who dont want to play the mmo going to do. We already arent going to play multiplayer so essentially by not adding NPC your running off potential buyers or people who like I said liek the4 game but dont want to play with real people. So either way it doesnt effect you and it doesnt cut into the profits of the devs cuz were not playing multiplayer anyways.

In that case, go and play solo games. Everyone does not care what you want there, if you are not able to understand what idea the developer is investing in his offspring, then you have nothing to do here Girl.

Azzak
True Believer

Post by Azzak » 16 Mar 2018, 11:40

That would divert resources toward making AI, and it would probably suck, so no.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 16 Mar 2018, 12:21

donewiththisgame wrote:
After 100's of hours with YO and the MMO I say give us NPCs for single player on YO. A lot of people simply arent buying this game because you refuse to add the NPC we are asking for.

NECRO POSTER..... ARISE FROM THE DEAD ARISE!!!!!!

Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Return to General Discussion