Allow plants to regrow on terraformed land

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
MartialDoctor

Allow plants to regrow on terraformed land

Post by MartialDoctor » 16 Dec 2015, 12:18

Nothing is more ugly than someone who has terraformed a whole area and changed it into a bleak, brown landscape. It would be nice to have plants regrow on a soil area over time. It would be realistic and make the world look nicer too.

A simple suggestion :D

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Re: Allow plants to regrow on terraformed land

Post by Laertes » 16 Dec 2015, 14:40

Maybe it can be an ability to saw grass - but i don´t wanna have any plants growing through the floor of my house.

MartialDoctor

Post by MartialDoctor » 16 Dec 2015, 14:52

Laertes wrote:Maybe it can be an ability to saw grass - but i don´t wanna have any plants growing through the floor of my house.

I don't think it should be an ability. Grass should naturally regrow on land. Your house would not be included in that, I would think ;)

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 16 Dec 2015, 15:34

MartialDoctor wrote:Your house would not be included in that, I would think ;)

Why not? I couldn´t build it in the air, it´s just built on plowed and flatened ground.

It need some kind of mechanics, that plants don´t invade houses ... then the topic will be a nice feature.
Last edited by Laertes on 16 Dec 2015, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

Hiltz

Post by Hiltz » 16 Dec 2015, 15:39

The easy solution would be to not let anything grow on infertile soil. So you place your house on soil that has been used to grow crops.

Airco

Post by Airco » 16 Dec 2015, 18:00

farmers plant grass on unfirtile soil to give plow the gras into the soil to increase the potency
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 16 Dec 2015, 19:11

@Hiltz: Yeah ... that should work :good: . Additional you should be able to flatten paved ground and build everything on that. (it´s already modable and can also allow paving on paved ground so ya can raise ground almost endless if you got enough time´n stones.)

@Airco: Even another nice idea :good: . Perhaps for furtile-effect, the grass (maybe other crops too) has to be plowed during a special growing period (farming simulator-players will know what i mean).

Malaky
True Believer

Post by Malaky » 18 Dec 2015, 16:54

And how about give a skill to do it by yourself?

Under terraforming, available from 30.

Action: Reform
Desc: Reforms the loose soil and returns it to the wild.

Would work on both forest and fertile soil that have been plowed or poured on the ground and are in state 'loose'.

Immediate action, no need to wait for morning.

Dansk_viking

Post by Dansk_viking » 29 Jan 2016, 00:04

I agree that plants/grass should regrow. I'd also like to suggest a simulation of crop rotation and "fallow", where you can plough infertile soil after harvest and leave it for a growth season (or more), resulting in fertile soil again without the necessary use of fertilizer.

If you're concerned that plants will grow through your floor boards, you should put clay underneath.

Dansk_viking

Post by Dansk_viking » 04 Mar 2017, 22:37

Can we please consider this again?

It's really immersion breaking that you, as a farmer, only have to plow once. It would be nice, as I said above, if grass grew if it was left for a while.

I don't want to have my plow just standing idle next to my barn...

Malaky
True Believer

Post by Malaky » 12 Mar 2017, 16:59

Now that MMO is on the horizon devs should reconsider this.

There was nothing more ugly than see patches of land plowed by players learning Farming skill or just terraforming for future construction and abandoning...

Baal
True Believer

Post by Baal » 04 May 2017, 16:56

Up this post to speak about,

I propose plowed tiles should regrow grass (unplow soil) automatically after winter season when snow cover the ground.
For server performance, instead of a grass-regrow timer calculation for each plowed tiles, it should automatically regrow all plowed tiles after winter and regrow also dropped forest soil.
Grass regrow does not change soil quality.
Grass regrow and winter snow should delete all seed planted just before or during winter, a good farmer will know when is the last moment to sow seeds and harvest before winter if not it will waste seeds.
Grass regrow should keep in tact terraforming, flatten tils and slopes, so abandonned settlements and random terraforming will be recover by grass.
Get rid of all useless and ugly terraforming or plowed square made everywhere by players and return the land to is original beauty.
Farmer can finally do a real use of the plow once each spring (good for advanced farming skill) before planting and have more work to do on their fields when spring start.
All ugly landslides made by players in their claim can regrow to their natural origins, both fertile or forest soil.

Now we need to find a way to also regrow plowed desert soil without snow, maybe it should regrow the same in winter, but only in the middle of winter like february, giving more time to harvest in the south.
Last edited by Baal on 22 Aug 2017, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 04 May 2017, 17:39

As a heads up, flattening and building on pavement has now been implemented. I hope they'll add a "sow grass" abililty or allow for tiles to regrow, and then players can just use paved ground for building foundations

Brett5290
Zealous Believer

Post by Brett5290 » 04 May 2017, 18:43

*Simple* Dig the top soil and you get grass underneath!

Return to Suggestions and Ideas