Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Unbeaten » 19 May 2016, 14:23

So I understand Alpha Tester had to buy on indie gogo dancers whatever. WTF is Beta Tester tags and how did they get them? Been here more than two years no such tags.

Papapino
Beta Tester

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Papapino » 19 May 2016, 14:30

Look at my reg. date.....me too want to be anything tester

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 19 May 2016, 14:44

It has nothing to do with registered date or anything similar, Beta testers atleast those that Im familiar with have worked on their own time to improve the game and the overall game experience, by reporting most of the buggs reported out there in detail and working closely with developers in resolving the same buggs, also countless chats and discussions with developers on possible tweeks and alot of other things. The list of things some of the beta testers have done for the game is quite extensive, I can not list them all becuase I do not have the knowledge what all of them did and I am not in contact with all of them. We are the if you may "front line" of testing in the game, we will make sure to submit detailed and complete reports in the upcomming mmo testing. Alot of us provided countless support to new players without being asked to do it, via forums steam discussion even adding on steam to help with ingame issues. We are very dedicated, atleast those I was in contact with and we are trying to help allways. So please my personal request is to not use things such as "WTF is Beta Tester" :beer:
So I repeat again it was given to us for countless reasons, it was not bought and no you can not request it, no new aditions to the Beta testers atleast for now as I know.

Dleatherus
Beta Tester

Post by Dleatherus » 19 May 2016, 15:36

there are a LOT of deserving folks who are certainly 'qualified' to be closed beta testers

it's a reality that typically the number of closed beta slots (in any game i tested) were painfully fewer than the number of folks willing and capable to test - the initial numbers are few for a reason

i have a friend who's knowledge on the combat aspects of the game are incredible - he has over 5,500 hours logged in the game

FIVE THOUSAND!!! - he didn't get a key either - getting into discussions of who 'deserves' one and who doesn't is futile

perhaps it's easier for me to say that since i was one of the fortunate few

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 19 May 2016, 15:39

Submitted countless videos, been apart of large scale test servers and provided feedback. So as I originally thought its chub rubbing favoritism and email spam request. Maybe not you personally because most of my old testing was with the Vanirs and La-Orden servers and groups to dig the first true water base or moat and those guilds have done it all. One of the first to report pitch fork windmilling with video, window pulling, wall glitching to horse flinging. Bought a server to test and balance weapon load-outs. Bugged AI, came up with palisading the walls of warehouses to secure windows. Part of the Shovel group to imbed walls in clay walls - still very broken.

Guess submitting through email and proper channels doesn't win you as much as spamming forums and requesting payment. Players should be losing faith quickly AV did the same crap, indie publishers have no rules and Americans can bite the big one. Yet to see an American gaming community with the tags.

By the way it takes money to develop the game and anyone who has put in their hard earned money as well as time as most of us 1000+ hours would of been a earned requirement. Stop acting like their insignificant to you, they have jobs, families, and dedicated 1000 hours and money to the game show respect. They like you are making the game happen. Sounds like the requirement is to not work and rub dicks on their timezone of testing, real talk though.

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer

Post by Unbeaten » 19 May 2016, 15:42

Unbeaten wrote:Submitted countless videos, been apart of large scale test servers and provided feedback. So as I originally thought its chub rubbing favoritism and email spam request. Maybe not you personally because most of my old testing was with the Vanirs and La-Orden servers and groups to dig the first true water base or moat and those guilds have done it all. One of the first to report pitch fork windmilling with video, window pulling, wall glitching to horse flinging. Bought a server to test and balance weapon load-outs. Bugged AI, came up with palisading the walls of warehouses to secure windows. Part of the Shovel group to imbed walls in clay walls - still very broken.

Guess submitting through email and proper channels doesn't win you as much as spamming forums and requesting payment. Players should be losing faith quickly AV did the same crap, indie publishers have no rules and Americans can bite the big one. Yet to see an American gaming community with the tags.

By the way it takes money to develop the game and anyone who has put in their hard earned money as well as time as most of us 1000+ hours would of been a earned requirement. Stop acting like their insignificant to you, they have jobs, families, and dedicated 1000 hours and money to the game show respect. They like you are making the game happen. Sounds like the requirement is to not work and rub dicks on their timezone of testing, real talk though.

It has nothing to do with a proven requirement that can be seen is the true problem. Speculation of a+C = d and who you know.

Dleatherus
Beta Tester

Post by Dleatherus » 19 May 2016, 15:53

i'm going to pull figures out of my hat to illustrate the point

number of closed beta slots available = 50

number of folks who have devotedly tested, submitted videos etc = 1,000

number of folks not getting into closed beta = 950

how an individual deals with this reality is up to them

one can look upon it as 'only arselickers and suckups got in'

one can look at it that not everybody pulled a winning lottery ticket

regardless, the numbers dictate that not everybody can be selected as an initial closed beta tester

could be that they expand the number of closed beta testers in the not to distant future - something i';ve seen often

might be they don't

Gastenns
Beta Tester

Post by Gastenns » 19 May 2016, 15:59

<< American...tag....hmm seems to not be based on country of origin... Seriously though there are a lot of unfounded views in your post. I to my knowledge i haven't rubbed any dicks on any timezone to get the tag, unless I was drugged. But I might of if I had known it was that easy :Yahoo!:

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 19 May 2016, 16:01

Ok officialy from now on I am going to ignore anything you say Unbeaten. I am one of the higher ranking people in Vanirs, and Ive asked around in the guild they told me about you in detail. So I realised I have wasted time talking to you allready. And sadly 1k hours is nothing in the game at the moment most of vanirs have over 2,5k.
Also do not take your "butthurt" rage on me I have done nothing to you to be such a rude individual towards me and other testers.
Now it is even more clear why you have not been added to the testing group and probably if you continue like this never will, your attitude is toxic, flaming, trolling, and problematic. I was told by other officers of Vanirs just to let it go no use talking to you anyway.
Have a nice day, I was in the wrong thinking you are a responsible mature person I can have a normal non aggressive talk with.
You sir proved every point I made without fail, thank you on making it easy for me.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 19 May 2016, 16:07

Ubaciosamse wrote:Ok officialy from now on I am going to ignore anything you say Unbeaten.

Agreed, and I will do the same.

Looking forward to seeing him in game though (said as I swing my weapon arm a few times to warm up).
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding member - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to General Discussion