Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Unbeaten
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 23 May 2014, 06:28

Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Unbeaten » 19 May 2016, 14:23

So I understand Alpha Tester had to buy on indie gogo dancers whatever. WTF is Beta Tester tags and how did they get them? Been here more than two years no such tags.


Papapino
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 52
Joined: 23 Dec 2013, 09:14

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Papapino » 19 May 2016, 14:30

Look at my reg. date.....me too want to be anything tester

User avatar
Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 477
Joined: 11 Jan 2015, 09:19

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Ubaciosamse » 19 May 2016, 14:44

It has nothing to do with registered date or anything similar, Beta testers atleast those that Im familiar with have worked on their own time to improve the game and the overall game experience, by reporting most of the buggs reported out there in detail and working closely with developers in resolving the same buggs, also countless chats and discussions with developers on possible tweeks and alot of other things. The list of things some of the beta testers have done for the game is quite extensive, I can not list them all becuase I do not have the knowledge what all of them did and I am not in contact with all of them. We are the if you may "front line" of testing in the game, we will make sure to submit detailed and complete reports in the upcomming mmo testing. Alot of us provided countless support to new players without being asked to do it, via forums steam discussion even adding on steam to help with ingame issues. We are very dedicated, atleast those I was in contact with and we are trying to help allways. So please my personal request is to not use things such as "WTF is Beta Tester" :beer:
So I repeat again it was given to us for countless reasons, it was not bought and no you can not request it, no new aditions to the Beta testers atleast for now as I know.
Image

User avatar
Dleatherus
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 183
Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 22:23

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Dleatherus » 19 May 2016, 15:36

there are a LOT of deserving folks who are certainly 'qualified' to be closed beta testers

it's a reality that typically the number of closed beta slots (in any game i tested) were painfully fewer than the number of folks willing and capable to test - the initial numbers are few for a reason

i have a friend who's knowledge on the combat aspects of the game are incredible - he has over 5,500 hours logged in the game

FIVE THOUSAND!!! - he didn't get a key either - getting into discussions of who 'deserves' one and who doesn't is futile

perhaps it's easier for me to say that since i was one of the fortunate few


Unbeaten
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 23 May 2014, 06:28

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Unbeaten » 19 May 2016, 15:39

Submitted countless videos, been apart of large scale test servers and provided feedback. So as I originally thought its chub rubbing favoritism and email spam request. Maybe not you personally because most of my old testing was with the Vanirs and La-Orden servers and groups to dig the first true water base or moat and those guilds have done it all. One of the first to report pitch fork windmilling with video, window pulling, wall glitching to horse flinging. Bought a server to test and balance weapon load-outs. Bugged AI, came up with palisading the walls of warehouses to secure windows. Part of the Shovel group to imbed walls in clay walls - still very broken.

Guess submitting through email and proper channels doesn't win you as much as spamming forums and requesting payment. Players should be losing faith quickly AV did the same crap, indie publishers have no rules and Americans can bite the big one. Yet to see an American gaming community with the tags.

By the way it takes money to develop the game and anyone who has put in their hard earned money as well as time as most of us 1000+ hours would of been a earned requirement. Stop acting like their insignificant to you, they have jobs, families, and dedicated 1000 hours and money to the game show respect. They like you are making the game happen. Sounds like the requirement is to not work and rub dicks on their timezone of testing, real talk though.


Unbeaten
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 23 May 2014, 06:28

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Unbeaten » 19 May 2016, 15:42

Unbeaten wrote:Submitted countless videos, been apart of large scale test servers and provided feedback. So as I originally thought its chub rubbing favoritism and email spam request. Maybe not you personally because most of my old testing was with the Vanirs and La-Orden servers and groups to dig the first true water base or moat and those guilds have done it all. One of the first to report pitch fork windmilling with video, window pulling, wall glitching to horse flinging. Bought a server to test and balance weapon load-outs. Bugged AI, came up with palisading the walls of warehouses to secure windows. Part of the Shovel group to imbed walls in clay walls - still very broken.

Guess submitting through email and proper channels doesn't win you as much as spamming forums and requesting payment. Players should be losing faith quickly AV did the same crap, indie publishers have no rules and Americans can bite the big one. Yet to see an American gaming community with the tags.

By the way it takes money to develop the game and anyone who has put in their hard earned money as well as time as most of us 1000+ hours would of been a earned requirement. Stop acting like their insignificant to you, they have jobs, families, and dedicated 1000 hours and money to the game show respect. They like you are making the game happen. Sounds like the requirement is to not work and rub dicks on their timezone of testing, real talk though.


It has nothing to do with a proven requirement that can be seen is the true problem. Speculation of a+C = d and who you know.

User avatar
Dleatherus
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 183
Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 22:23

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Dleatherus » 19 May 2016, 15:53

i'm going to pull figures out of my hat to illustrate the point

number of closed beta slots available = 50

number of folks who have devotedly tested, submitted videos etc = 1,000

number of folks not getting into closed beta = 950

how an individual deals with this reality is up to them

one can look upon it as 'only arselickers and suckups got in'

one can look at it that not everybody pulled a winning lottery ticket

regardless, the numbers dictate that not everybody can be selected as an initial closed beta tester

could be that they expand the number of closed beta testers in the not to distant future - something i';ve seen often

might be they don't


Gastenns
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 199
Joined: 26 Mar 2016, 16:20

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Gastenns » 19 May 2016, 15:59

<< American...tag....hmm seems to not be based on country of origin... Seriously though there are a lot of unfounded views in your post. I to my knowledge i haven't rubbed any dicks on any timezone to get the tag, unless I was drugged. But I might of if I had known it was that easy :Yahoo!:
Image

User avatar
Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 477
Joined: 11 Jan 2015, 09:19

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Ubaciosamse » 19 May 2016, 16:01

Ok officialy from now on I am going to ignore anything you say Unbeaten. I am one of the higher ranking people in Vanirs, and Ive asked around in the guild they told me about you in detail. So I realised I have wasted time talking to you allready. And sadly 1k hours is nothing in the game at the moment most of vanirs have over 2,5k.
Also do not take your "butthurt" rage on me I have done nothing to you to be such a rude individual towards me and other testers.
Now it is even more clear why you have not been added to the testing group and probably if you continue like this never will, your attitude is toxic, flaming, trolling, and problematic. I was told by other officers of Vanirs just to let it go no use talking to you anyway.
Have a nice day, I was in the wrong thinking you are a responsible mature person I can have a normal non aggressive talk with.
You sir proved every point I made without fail, thank you on making it easy for me.
Image

User avatar
Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester
 
Posts: 1599
Joined: 08 May 2014, 17:44

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Azzerhoden » 19 May 2016, 16:07

Ubaciosamse wrote:Ok officialy from now on I am going to ignore anything you say Unbeaten.


Agreed, and I will do the same.

Looking forward to seeing him in game though (said as I swing my weapon arm a few times to warm up).
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer
Image

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!


Unbeaten
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 23 May 2014, 06:28

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Unbeaten » 19 May 2016, 16:08

Gastenns wrote:<< American...tag....hmm seems to not be based on country of origin... Seriously though there are a lot of unfounded views in your post. I to my knowledge i haven't rubbed any dicks on any timezone to get the tag, unless I was drugged. But I might of if I had known it was that easy :Yahoo!:


Your signature says it all....

I seriously doubt there are even 500 players over 1000+ hours invested. The game has on average 4 full servers on JH. Seriously though one guild have a extra large amount of "beta testers" is enough founded views to raise your eyebrow.


Unbeaten
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 23 May 2014, 06:28

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Unbeaten » 19 May 2016, 16:18

Ubaciosamse wrote:Ok officialy from now on I am going to ignore anything you say Unbeaten. I am one of the higher ranking people in Vanirs, and Ive asked around in the guild they told me about you in detail. So I realised I have wasted time talking to you allready. And sadly 1k hours is nothing in the game at the moment most of vanirs have over 2,5k.
Also do not take your "butthurt" rage on me I have done nothing to you to be such a rude individual towards me and other testers.
Now it is even more clear why you have not been added to the testing group and probably if you continue like this never will, your attitude is toxic, flaming, trolling, and problematic. I was told by other officers of Vanirs just to let it go no use talking to you anyway.
Have a nice day, I was in the wrong thinking you are a responsible mature person I can have a normal non aggressive talk with.
You sir proved every point I made without fail, thank you on making it easy for me.



Love the further pretentious entitlement thrusted into the conversation. "I am one of the higher ranking people in Vanirs","I found a way into the game without buying indieGoGo". Fact remains if you were not a Vanir, "high ranking Vanir"? Would you have been selected?

I am glad you spoke to your community and decided a players testing capability. As a world first community in multiple betas starting in UO/DAOC we see your point very valid. Must be hard being so entitled what a weight you hold above us all. We better beg for your approval, maybe the GM's will ban. There is nothing toxic about wanting to see rhyme and reason for actions, that is logic.

I will not doubt Vanir's involvement in closed beta, I learned most of my exploits and coding from them. At one time a inner circle member, I just cant do all the admin abuse personally. The developers can give you any lead they want, I am actually pretty impressed you all found a way to get your non-indiegogo people in. Real world first feat :beer: .

User avatar
Dleatherus
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 183
Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 22:23

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Dleatherus » 19 May 2016, 16:26

40 kids in a class

10 will be picked for a dogeball team

maybe teacher picked some because they brought apples for teacher

maybe teacher picked some because they got good grades

maybe teacher picked some because they are awesome dodgeball players

fact remains 30 kids won't get picked

please don't be THAT kid who didn't get picked that throws himself on the ground and kicks his legs and waves his arms around yelling "it's not fair mommy, i should have been picked!!!"

it's a sad thing to witness

thank you


Unbeaten
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 23 May 2014, 06:28

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Unbeaten » 19 May 2016, 16:39

Dleatherus wrote:40 kids in a class

10 will be picked for a dogeball team

maybe teacher picked some because they brought apples for teacher

maybe teacher picked some because they got good grades

maybe teacher picked some because they are awesome dodgeball players

fact remains 30 kids won't get picked

please don't be THAT kid who didn't get picked that throws himself on the ground and kicks his legs and waves his arms around yelling "it's not fair mommy, i should have been picked!!!"

it's a pathetic thing to witness

thank you


I cant do that, it already happened. Those "people" in the community playing with a large member of Alpha Testers. That is why "Beta Tester" was created to get those friends in.

I am here pointing that out not requesting access. Replace "people" with a certain gaming community and your t's will cross. We are multi-game, many things to be doing, do enough of them and certain testing standards just hurt your head. Nothing worse than CoE and Crowfalls $1000 buy in though, I was actually very happy to see a non buy in beta.

But low an behold a new random forum name with unknown specifications and private meetings and chats as the Beta Tester himself claimed. With other claims of developers being part of gaming communities and favoritism setting in so early. The wolves can lead sheep all they want, but were not all sheep. :good:

User avatar
Dleatherus
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 183
Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 22:23

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Dleatherus » 19 May 2016, 16:52

*sigh* if that is your logic as to who got picked and who didn't, not much more to say

just because it's the conclusion your reasoning led you to and is now 'your' reality, doesn't mean it's how all beta testers were chosen

don't paint everybody with the same brush - it does neither you nor them justice


safe travels

User avatar
Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 477
Joined: 11 Jan 2015, 09:19

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Ubaciosamse » 19 May 2016, 16:55

Unbeaten wrote:
Dleatherus wrote:40 kids in a class

10 will be picked for a dogeball team

maybe teacher picked some because they brought apples for teacher

maybe teacher picked some because they got good grades

maybe teacher picked some because they are awesome dodgeball players

fact remains 30 kids won't get picked

please don't be THAT kid who didn't get picked that throws himself on the ground and kicks his legs and waves his arms around yelling "it's not fair mommy, i should have been picked!!!"

it's a pathetic thing to witness

thank you


I cant do that, it already happened. Those "people" in the community playing with a large member of Alpha Testers. That is why "Beta Tester" was created to get those friends in.

I am here pointing that out not requesting access. Replace "people" with a certain gaming community and your t's will cross. We are multi-game, many things to be doing, do enough of them and certain testing standards just hurt your head. Nothing worse than CoE and Crowfalls $1000 buy in though, I was actually very happy to see a non buy in beta.

But low an behold a new random forum name with unknown specifications and private meetings and chats as the Beta Tester himself claimed. With other claims of developers being part of gaming communities and favoritism setting in so early. The wolves can lead sheep all they want, but were not all sheep. :good:

Your ignorence never ceases to amaze me :beer: Picking words as you like, making up your own meaning to things heh the world must be a cruel place for you. :good:
Image


Unbeaten
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 23 May 2014, 06:28

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Unbeaten » 19 May 2016, 16:59

Dleatherus wrote:*sigh* if that is your logic as to who got picked and who didn't, not much more to say

just because it's the conclusion your reasoning led you to and is now 'your' reality, doesn't mean it's how all beta testers were chosen

don't paint everybody with the same brush - it does neither you nor them justice


safe travels



Well said, and I intend to as soon as we have some logic to how they were chosen. Otherwise do not blame the player for coming to his own. :fool: I am but a simple minded peasant so far. :good: The vastness of this logic is hidden from the lowly forms of the public.


Unbeaten
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 23 May 2014, 06:28

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Unbeaten » 19 May 2016, 17:03

Ubaciosamse wrote:
Unbeaten wrote:
Dleatherus wrote:40 kids in a class

10 will be picked for a dogeball team

maybe teacher picked some because they brought apples for teacher

maybe teacher picked some because they got good grades

maybe teacher picked some because they are awesome dodgeball players

fact remains 30 kids won't get picked

please don't be THAT kid who didn't get picked that throws himself on the ground and kicks his legs and waves his arms around yelling "it's not fair mommy, i should have been picked!!!"

it's a pathetic thing to witness

thank you


I cant do that, it already happened. Those "people" in the community playing with a large member of Alpha Testers. That is why "Beta Tester" was created to get those friends in.

I am here pointing that out not requesting access. Replace "people" with a certain gaming community and your t's will cross. We are multi-game, many things to be doing, do enough of them and certain testing standards just hurt your head. Nothing worse than CoE and Crowfalls $1000 buy in though, I was actually very happy to see a non buy in beta.

But low an behold a new random forum name with unknown specifications and private meetings and chats as the Beta Tester himself claimed. With other claims of developers being part of gaming communities and favoritism setting in so early. The wolves can lead sheep all they want, but were not all sheep. :good:

Your ignorence never ceases to amaze me :beer: Picking words as you like, making up your own meaning to things heh the world must be a cruel place for you. :good:



Whoa attacking me personally, actually life is really good. Six figure income, really nice wife, two kids. I protect innocents for a living which was my dream. We can totally be Facebook pals! You my High Council of the prestigious, illustrious Vanirs are hurtful. The military was a stepping stone getting here, that part did have some shity moments, but overall amazing experience. Now you have a basis for an opinion on my personal life, if you need more we can chat.

User avatar
Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester
 
Posts: 477
Joined: 11 Jan 2015, 09:19

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Ubaciosamse » 19 May 2016, 17:18

It never ends does it? Oh dear god i was warned xD
Image


Unbeaten
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 120
Joined: 23 May 2014, 06:28

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Unbeaten » 19 May 2016, 17:25

Ubaciosamse wrote:It never ends does it? Oh dear god i was warned xD



I believe our type is refereed to as board warriors. :Yahoo!: Jokes aside, I do actually like you. :friends: As with other friends in the Vanir and La-Orden communities. I appreciate your input as I could not find much on the subject, to disagree afterwards can happen. :

User avatar
Arrakis
 
Posts: 3867
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 14:11
Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

Re: Alpha tester - Beta Tester.

Post by Arrakis » 19 May 2016, 17:33

That's about enough of this quarrel. I'm closing this toxic thread. Please use private communication channels for such discussions.

Bobik (lead developer) chose that handful of people for testing for a reason, and whatever contribution of those people made his mind, it's between him and those that he chose.

Everybody will eventually get to test the game before final release - in the second stage of beta testing, and by that time, our game will be greatly improved, thanks to the people helping to catch the bugs before next wave of players will join. ;)


Return to General Discussion