Animal breeding mechanics

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Vajradantivd

Animal breeding mechanics

Post by Vajradantivd » 07 Mar 2019, 06:08

Seems that a lot has changed with animals and how they are bred. I figured it would be good if we put together some notes in what animals eat and don’t eat and other changes. Lif wiki is now outdated so it would be good to know all the different types of food each animal can eat and also new mechanics/best practices. Please do not confuse with taming I am talking about barns and stable feeding. free netflix tech news android 9

What we all know currently, all animals need water and they also require the food to be atleast 90 percent of the animals quality. If it isn’t then they will die due to poor care.

I have been testing different types of food for each animal as I find what they eat I will add to this post.

I encourage you guys to add anything that you find out about breeding and then we can get the wiki updated for the new players.

What I noticed the max one pregnant animal can have is 3 babies so for example I usually just do 2 pregnant horses to a stable in case both pop 3 babies.

Amrock

Re: Animal breeding mechanics

Post by Amrock » 24 Mar 2019, 22:17

https://lifeisfeudal.com/Guide-to-the-Second-Major-Update#Protectorate

According to the official link above,
any animals in barn/stable have the same food type tolerance.

It says also that age unit is ingame weeks but animals currently gain 1 each ingame day.

Animals quality should drop only with bad treatment, but I have actualy 2 pregnant cows which were initialy Q30 and now Q26.
I have also pregnant sheep and horse which dont have lose any quality at this time.
So, too soon to say if my cows are bugged or not...

--- EDIT
Baby sheep came, and no quality lost by the mother.
So... Goodbye old cows!

Horse offspring finaly there!
Mother was Q18, only food above Q60 during pregnancy, and baby still Q18.
Little disappointment... will see if Q30 food during her cubs has any result.

--- EDIT 03-04-2019
Look like my cows or bulls are bugged. Quality drop at/during pregnancy still the rule. Dont have noticed this on sheeps or pigs.
But today I got a pig losing her pregnancy state without any birth, nor message explaining what happend in barn. She simply just lost her pregnancy state... :%)

Ghandi1000

Post by Ghandi1000 » 19 Apr 2019, 11:56

Amrock wrote:
--- EDIT 03-04-2019
Look like my cows or bulls are bugged. Quality drop at/during pregnancy still the rule. Dont have noticed this on sheeps or pigs.
But today I got a pig losing her pregnancy state without any birth, nor message explaining what happend in barn. She simply just lost her pregnancy state... :%)

I'm seeing the same sad trend with our cows and horses. They get pregnant but it doesn't always give offspring. The pregnancies simply end and the horse/cow goes back to their normal self. There's no offspring and no message in the stable.
I have no hard numbers to give on the frequency but an estimate would be that about 70-80% of horse/cow pregnancies end with no offspring produced.

I have tried moving the animals to another stable in case maybe it was the stable that was bugged but it has not helped :(

ViciousDis
True Believer

Post by ViciousDis » 26 Apr 2019, 08:21

Food Ratio / Water Ratio Adults
Barns = 32 Straw & 32 Water
Stables = 67 Straw & 58 Water
Coops = 3 Straw & 5 Water
New borns are different
Newborn Sheeps = 45 Water & 27 Straw
Newborn Horses & Cows= 80 Water & 50 Straw
Newborn Rabbits & Chicks= 6 Water 2 Straw and some Wheat

^ Will edit if i notice any changes but have been running this setup for a month, Sheeps are doing good. Horses are decent but kinda lengthy to keep track ( don't notice any QL. Increases watched a ql 12 colt stay like that for 1 week.

Little fact to help get better wheat have someone with high authority build the mill , with good materials your produce should be the quality of the mill.

Buy slaves off the market for the first 2 days and plant as much wheat as possible or w/e your grain is in the region. Cheers

** New born's onyl gain quality and should be in a separate barn with your highest quality food available, Mature or fertile don't gain quality.

Also make sure your pregnant animals arn't occupying all the space, i have 14 sheep pregnant ill split them in 3 barns cause ill get 2 or 3 off one sheep.

Return to General Discussion