Any new server coming?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Marcin

Any new server coming?

Post by Marcin » 16 Jul 2018, 02:28

Hey, I would like to back to LiF but current servers are too old already and it will be hard to create something there. Here is question, do you plan to add any new server to Europe/US anytime soon ?

You gave 20$ free to all players, also those who left the game, I guess to bring them back. Most players who would have return, would want to start play on fresh server.

Asimov

Re: Any new server coming?

Post by Asimov » 19 Jul 2018, 10:34

Most players who would have return, would want to start play on fresh server.

First i would personally like to see these "most" players. I have a feeling you and devs both have a dream that thousands of players is just waiting to return, the day that the game is just "perfect". Do you also think the same players stopped playing games and is sitting on the edge every Friday waiting for devs blog for news ?

As it is right now there is 4 servers in EU and about 2k players in peek time. 500 players on a server with a map this big, and you want a new server ? That is stupid to divide the few players we have over more servers. What they should do is delete 2 server in EU

And you complain it is hard to settle on the servers like they are now. Well as it is right now, new claims pop up all the time and they fall just as fast (on Avalon). 1 of the reasons is, that people want to make a new guild so they can play king and queens. Why dont you just join an established guild ?

Ragemaster9999
True Believer

Re: Any new server coming?

Post by Ragemaster9999 » 20 Jul 2018, 16:11

Asimov wrote:

And you complain it is hard to settle on the servers like they are now. Well as it is right now, new claims pop up all the time and they fall just as fast (on Avalon). 1 of the reasons is, that people want to make a new guild so they can play king and queens. Why don't you just join an established guild ?

Having game mechanics that discourages start ups is only going to kill the game and lead to stagnation. There are guilds that play other games that are going to skip right over LIF MMO if they know they wont have a snowball's chance in hell of getting off the ground in an already established political meta.

They should have made IBs not a global join from anywhere window, let conflicts be localized and distance to allies / enemies actually matter. This would lead to smaller IB fights, which to be honest, the server cannot handle 100v100 at decent performance anyway.

Greatly increase JH time on red server, to 8-12 hours or something, and greatly lower the cool-down for transferring between red/green worlds, but make it so it can only be used at a certain location, to prevent people using to escape pvp encounters. Perhaps they could add docks at certain points on the map that would have a boat to transfer you across servers, and that could lead to open world pvp.

Also make it so you stay with your guild when you transfer, make them essentially be the same server but two different landmasses with the differing rule sets. This gives startups a safe place to buildup and launch raiding parties into the red zone, and gives defeated reds a fallback position to rebuild should they get wiped off the map. Also it would encourage more PVE players to participate in PVP without losing their primary base, which is what I thought the whole purpose of the expansion was.

and to answer the OP, current mechanics with a new server would lead to the same exact scenario in X amount of months, not to mention fragment the remaining playerbase of an already dying game.

Return to General Discussion