Any News?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Uther
Beta Tester

Re: Any News?

Post by Uther » 17 Feb 2017, 10:22

But I was asking if there was any news, not accusing the developers of slacking or anything of that nature. As I said, early February is gone so a simple post with information is not unreasonable I don't think.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 17 Feb 2017, 12:33

Artemisriv wrote:Still waiting for linbaba to post his "I told you so" reply.. seeing were the 17th now its even 7 days after his post. :Bravo:

Guy's, girls.. all be patient. It will be ready when its ready! Rome wasnt build overnight, neither does a game. Nor is it free to build :P things just cost money to make, so dont give the devs crap and a hard time about slacking work or taking your money. U send it yourself to make a great game even better.. and to make things better u need to put in alot of work!

I think you have a great future in community management!

What will be will be! Cities take more than one evening to build, games also take more than one evening to build. In fact, building cities and games is not free :oops: , that's because making things cost money, so let the devs do whatever they want, give them all the money you have. You're doing the right thing for making a great game even better and to make LIF MMO great again you need to put in alot of work!

Palladin
True Believer

Post by Palladin » 17 Feb 2017, 16:10

Olivemanchester wrote:But it is still February. :friends:

yes... all bears are sleeping

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 17 Feb 2017, 17:34

Breaking news! the second test run of CBT (wave #1) will be February 20th and we’re planning on it being held for two weeks - save the date and get excited!

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 17 Feb 2017, 17:46

Sharana wrote:Breaking news! the second test run of CBT (wave #1) will be February 20th and we’re planning on it being held for two weeks - save the date and get excited!

Just saw that, but I'm totally confused now....

I thought it was supposed to last much more than 2 weeks?

Because at the end of it, (as was said by Aratis) there is server wipe and start of open beta....

(((EDIT : ie open beta starts next month)))

Either way, I'm just happy to play, they may suck really bad at communicating and stuff but they do have a great idea for the game and I'm looking forward to it !

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 17 Feb 2017, 20:28

Linbaba wrote:
Sharana wrote:Breaking news! the second test run of CBT (wave #1) will be February 20th and we’re planning on it being held for two weeks - save the date and get excited!

Because at the end of it, (as was said by Aratis) there is server wipe and start of open beta....

Either way, I'm just happy to play, they may suck really bad at communicating and stuff but they do have a great idea for the game and I'm looking forward to it !

Yes communication is not a strong point. But open beta is definitely not next month :)
How long the downtime will be depends on how many bugs and critical issues surface, no one can know that yet.

Open beta (wave 2) looks like summer at very best scenario. Till then such "phases" of wave 1 with increasingly shorter downtimes. They were hoping to get to a stable point during wave when it will be up for a week and then down for 1 or 2 days for patching.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 17 Feb 2017, 20:45

Sharana wrote:
Linbaba wrote:

Yes communication is not a strong point. But open beta is definitely not next month :)
How long the downtime will be depends on how many bugs and critical issues surface, no one can know that yet.

Open beta (wave 2) looks like summer at very best scenario. Till then such "phases" of wave 1 with increasingly shorter downtimes. They were hoping to get to a stable point during wave when it will be up for a week and then down for 1 or 2 days for patching.

hmmmm

5. end of wave 1 means full wipe?
Answer: Yes, we've stated it in news.

(((((so that means in 2 weeks full wipe ??? (20th February + 2 weeks)))))

6. wave 2 will start immediately when wave 1 ends?
Answer: Well, might need a week or two to get everything prepared.

((((( So that means there willl be a couple weeks dowtime in March and then wave 2 will start, with a "fresh start"))))))).

7. wave 2 planned to end when?
Answer: It's is too far to plan this. Hopefully at the end of 2017.

((((((So wave 2 that is starting next week will last until end of 2017))))))

8. open beta starts immediately after end of wave 2? (no wipe?)
Answer: Look previous questions and answers, please.

((((I just realised I may have mis interpreted this answer, he (or she) didn't mean "look previous question because answer is the same" (ie: open beta = wave 2), but "open beta will follow wave 2 like wave 2 followed wave 1, ie: with one or two weeks downtime ))))

please-could-we-have-a-clear-answer-to-the-beta-start-and-en-t22016/

BUT, wait for a second, what that means is that after the close of wave 1 (in a few weeks) then the servers will not be wiped until launch?

Way I see it, in most games I played, the last wipe pretty much means "launch"...

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 17 Feb 2017, 21:14

wave 1 = CBT (Closed Beta Test)
wave 2 = OBT (Open Beta Test)

Who said CBT is only 2 weeks (well 4 with next phase)? Wave 1 will run for quite some time still with UP times (open servers) and DOWN times (hopefully much shorted the the last 2 months one). They will be adding new stuff when the stability improves which is the focus now. This test run we will get the new combat skilltrees along with the Newbie Island a bit later.
For the next "phase" (3rd already) the horse drawn carts should be ready, maybe even the natives and personal claims. There is also weapons crafting rework (same as with armors to make them reg. resources and blueprints) planned or in early development already. Same with the cooking, And this is the stuff that we know.
But most of all Bobik's promise is that we will NOT move forward to wave 2 (OBT, wipe) without the war mechanics. Which means instanced battles, siege system and everything related. They are not even in active development yet, because the focus is the stability. That's why I said the summer at best - that's pretty large component that is to be done still, won't happen in 1-2 weeks. Not to mention the needed testing of that component (aka wave 1 still).

Wave 2 or OBT is something like soft release. Everyone can start and all the fundamental will be ready, but not all the planned eyecandy will be in place. No ships and secondary stuff like that. Plus optimisation and some final polish. Yes wipe after 2 too is kind of logical, but at the same time the progression speed will be x1 (2x slower then now) and it will run for months without major gameplaychanges that require a wipe. So if you wipe months of x1 grind of everyone who was interested in LiF (all 400 000+ YO owner get access for that) to just say from tomorrow we are released you will just lose big part of the population.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 17 Feb 2017, 21:48

basically, in the announcement

development-news-39-lsquo-custom-maps-and-awesome-apps-rsquo-t22508/

Breaking news! Second test run of LiF:ММО CBT(wave #1) will start on February 20th and we’re planning on it being held for two weeks - save the date and get excited!

"we're planning on it being held for two weeks" = it will last two weeks..?

I mean if I'm misinterpreting this then it's really getting silly, it shouldn't be that hard to say things clearly in a way that there can be no misinterpretion, cause to me, that clearly means "it will last two weeks" ...

Trance67
True Believer

Post by Trance67 » 17 Feb 2017, 22:12

Linbaba wrote:
Breaking news! Second test run of LiF:ММО CBT(wave #1) will start on February 20th and we’re planning on it being held for two weeks - save the date and get excited!

I mean if I'm misinterpreting this then it's really getting silly

You said it yourself and the answer is right here in what you put down.
Second test run of LiF:MMO CBT (wave #1)

That means that this will be the second part of Wave #1, which will, just as you quoted, last 2 weeks. The Devs will then take the servers down again to do any maintenance they have to do and bring them back up as Part 3 of Wave 1. Hopefully they're much quicker with that down time than this recent one.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 17 Feb 2017, 22:39

Trance67 wrote:
Linbaba wrote:

I mean if I'm misinterpreting this then it's really getting silly

You said it yourself and the answer is right here in what you put down.
Second test run of LiF:MMO CBT (wave #1)

That means that this will be the second part of Wave #1, which will, just as you quoted, last 2 weeks. The Devs will then take the servers down again to do any maintenance they have to do and bring them back up as Part 3 of Wave 1. Hopefully they're much quicker with that down time than this recent one.

no one ever has mentioned part 3?????

It was always

Part one

servers down

part 2

servers down (end of wave 1)

((((also wipe))))
then wave 2

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 17 Feb 2017, 23:19

Just don't get your bubble bursted when someone from the staff actually clarifies :)
Beta 2 isn't soon.
Last edited by Sharana on 19 Feb 2017, 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 17 Feb 2017, 23:23

Sharana wrote:Just don't get your bauble bursted when someone from the staff actually clarifies :)
Beta 2 isn't soon.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying what was officialy confirmed is different / contradictory to what you're saying... It could well be that what they "officially confirmed" was wrong and frankly, I wouldn't be surprised..

personally I couldn't care less how things are organised and planned, I would however really like to know about the dates and wipe and launch etc

Trance67
True Believer

Post by Trance67 » 18 Feb 2017, 00:45

There was never any info on how many parts to Wave 1 there would be. Only that there would be some of them. All I can say for sure, is that Wave 2 is definitely not until Summer at the earliest. Look how long it took just to get between 2 parts of Wave 1?

A lot of the parts aren't ready yet for Wave 2.

SourZe
Devoted Believer

Post by SourZe » 18 Feb 2017, 06:48

I think we can Join wave 2 in 2018/2019 for the next time the waves 1,5, 1,6, 1,7 coming soon and the newbies must pay for it ;) The online time from the servers are be for 2 weeks.

so long xD
sry for bad english^^

Oleski
True Believer

Post by Oleski » 18 Feb 2017, 09:07

Someone can tell my why it will be only 2 weeks open?
Just the reason. Im just assuming, they will colect data from 2 weeks, and closed server. So why they can't collect data from next 2 weeks and just dont closed server? Just dont get it. What that bothers?
What i have seen, that server running 24/7 they just closed, but not shutdown.

Palladin
True Believer

Post by Palladin » 18 Feb 2017, 09:44

perhaps 64 bit client is not stable.

Uther
Beta Tester

Post by Uther » 18 Feb 2017, 11:48

Where was this said officially?

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 Feb 2017, 12:35

Uther wrote:

Here: development-news-39-lsquo-custom-maps-and-awesome-apps-rsquo-t22508/

Uther
Beta Tester

Post by Uther » 19 Feb 2017, 07:12

Arrakis wrote:
Uther wrote:

Here: development-news-39-lsquo-custom-maps-and-awesome-apps-rsquo-t22508/

Ahh thanks :good:

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 19 Feb 2017, 19:10

Linbaba wrote: dates and wipe and launch etc

Are always fluid, and they remind players of this every single time they post dates, wipes, and launches.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 19 Feb 2017, 20:15

Azzerhoden wrote:
Linbaba wrote: dates and wipe and launch etc

Are always fluid, and they remind players of this every single time they post dates, wipes, and launches.

That"s nice to know, thanks for telling me :)

All, and thank you so much for not being provocative, see? So much better this way!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 19 Feb 2017, 20:44

Linbaba wrote:All, and thank you so much for not being provocative, see? So much better this way!

But its soooo much more boring when the servers are down. ;)
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Nightborder
True Believer

Post by Nightborder » 19 Feb 2017, 21:56

Hi all,
So here is now 22:55 central european time, does that mean that MMO starts in an hour or what? Sorry if I missed that info around

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 19 Feb 2017, 23:41

Nightborder wrote:Hi all,
So here is now 22:55 central european time, does that mean that MMO starts in an hour or what? Sorry if I missed that info around

Nope. About 20 more hours. It's late EU evening 20th.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 20 Feb 2017, 14:10

Bobik in the Q&A topic.
Bobik wrote:
  • Answer: We will have phase #3 for certain, and most probably #4 too.

mmo-tests-interactive-faq-t19456/page380/#p95172

Along with:
Arrakis wrote:
Asimov wrote:I guess the 64 bit was the huge step forward. Can we expect less down time in the future ?

It depends on the results of this test run. But at least a month of downtime between 2nd and 3rd test run should be expected.

maybe-14-days-are-a-a-little-less-t22523/#p95258

Oleski
True Believer

Post by Oleski » 20 Feb 2017, 15:50

Solo_Kamen
True Believer

Post by Solo_Kamen » 20 Feb 2017, 15:59

would be crazy if someone managed to slip past the "open beta access" window and play hours before all other people :D

Return to General Discussion