Any News?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Palladin
True Believer

Re: Any News?

Post by Palladin » 25 Jan 2017, 23:49

2017?

Kedishka

Post by Kedishka » 26 Jan 2017, 01:57

The sooner the better! Do it and do it right but I would prefer early Feb :)

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 26 Jan 2017, 05:29

I'll plan for late March howbowdah.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Mikypelliott

Post by Mikypelliott » 26 Jan 2017, 09:34

Linbaba wrote:
I'm pissed at them for lying about it, for saying it will be up some time in February when they know that it won't be "some" "time" in February, they know it won't be early.

It seems like you missed something important because "February" doesn't mean "January"

Rusery
True Believer

Post by Rusery » 26 Jan 2017, 15:36

The fact that "somtime in feb" and "early feb" are the same thing doesn't make them liars. Though it is obvious the community manager got light of information thats now allowing him to hint at an almost certain delay.

I am guessing he wasn't allowed to give any hard date or semi hard (like a certain week) because the devs didn't sign off on him being able to say it. That is my experience as a community manager for a game like this anyhow.

Palladin
True Believer

Post by Palladin » 26 Jan 2017, 15:52

Rusery wrote:
I am guessing he wasn't allowed to give any hard date or semi hard (like a certain week) because the devs didn't sign off on him being able to say it. That is my experience as a community manager for a game like this anyhow.

+1. developers... ))

Aster Lunar
Zealous Believer

Post by Aster Lunar » 26 Jan 2017, 17:10

When people keep harassing you about a release / closed beta date, you're forced to throw a bone an estimated date at them. It is tricky to set a date and stick to it when developping or creating anything, especially for an indie game dev studio.
People just need to learn patience or -> fear->anger->Dark side of the Force.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 26 Jan 2017, 17:33

No you give a date whether people harrass your or not.

Whatever the busines, not only in gaming, you do what is called "client expectations management" .

It's not only standard practice, it's also a matter of respect and descency.

And from a personal / private point of view, wether you order from Amazone and want to know how many days it will take, or are expecting a release for the new 1080 Ti from Nvidia, or whatever it is, it has nothing to do with "harassing them for a date".

Rusery you're probably right, but it doesn't change the fact that you know, we know, they know, everyone knows that the servers aren't going up on early February. Yet "let's pretend that nobody knows".

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 28 Jan 2017, 07:48

Guess what, the 64bit client just got released to YO beta, you can download it and try it. Oh look its not even February.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 28 Jan 2017, 08:40

CONTENTS OF THIS POST HAVE BEEN HIDDEN DUE TO THE PROVOCATIVE ATTITUDE

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 28 Jan 2017, 10:10

Linbaba wrote:

My God you are not done yet ?

Merek
True Believer

Post by Merek » 28 Jan 2017, 11:10

I think a more constructive use of your time would actually be bug testing the 64bit client in the beta branch, rather than bringing the toxic attitude to the forms and moaning about a game that your TESTING not playing. Yes we all want it back up, but sitting on your arse being a keyboard warrior does nothing to assist in there endeavour to bring you a polished product.
Since the 64bit beta is just hitting YO this week, yes theres going to be a delay in bringing that to the MMO and bringing the servers back up, but you know what, ill happily wait the extra few weeks, that way we might actually have less memory leaks and crashies due to a 32bit client having addressing issues but thats just me.

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 28 Jan 2017, 11:55

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 28 Jan 2017, 11:57

Merek wrote:I think a more constructive use of your time would actually be bug testing the 64bit client in the beta branch,.

yeh buddy, welcome to the forums, congratulations on your first post.

I wanted to share the following information with you :

"I DONT HAVE YO"

so I can't really use my time more contructively than reply to you and the other's idiocies !

P.S. I don't care if you'll happily wait or not.

PPS I'll happily wait too by the way :)

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 28 Jan 2017, 16:34

I can only repeat myself, and apparently it is needed: My God you are not done yet ?

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 28 Jan 2017, 17:20

Asimov wrote:
I can only repeat myself, and apparently it is needed: My God you are not done yet ?

You can do more than repeat yourself, but it would take a certain amount thought.

(that's not provocative nazi mod :) )

Palladin
True Believer

Post by Palladin » 28 Jan 2017, 17:31

Linbaba wrote:P.S. I don't care if you'll happily wait or not.

PPS I'll happily wait too by the way :)

i am not happy. but waiting for something amazing)

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 29 Jan 2017, 03:22

Linbaba wrote:
Asimov wrote:

You can do more than repeat yourself, but it would take a certain amount thought.

I could do MUCH more, but why should i ? I said earlier, that no mater what anyone said, facts, arguments etc. ( i forgot something here, and that is something you will most likely use against me) it makes no difference. You are on a roll and nothing can change it. Sadly you really like to get the attention and in a forum like this you will get it. Even i am doing it every time i write anything back to you. And it is clear to me, that you need the attention. So go on, write back...
But tbh i can again only repeat myself, since that is the only question you really deserve and what you really need to think about after all the deep breath you say you take: My God you are not done yet ?

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 29 Jan 2017, 03:33

Linbaba wrote:
Asimov wrote:

My God, you are not done yet?
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 29 Jan 2017, 03:37

Asimov wrote:
Linbaba wrote:
Asimov wrote:

You are on a Troll and nothing can change it.

Fixed that for ya.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 29 Jan 2017, 12:01

Soon :)
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 29 Jan 2017, 12:41

Fact is (just in case anyone is reading this and is wondering wtf) :

I said one thing, that they lied when they said "sometime in february" because everyone knows that what that means is "not in early february".

Most other posts in this thread replying to this is either offtopic, or character assassination. (by the way, that's provocative!!)

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 29 Jan 2017, 16:16

Linbaba wrote:I said one thing, that they lied when they said "sometime in february" because everyone knows that what that means is "not in early february".

How is that a lie? If they said it would be back early february then yeah you could call it a lie. But even you agree that they said sometime in february, so calling them liers even before february starts is just plain stupidity..

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 29 Jan 2017, 16:37

Linbaba wrote:Fact is (just in case anyone is reading this and is wondering wtf) :

I said one thing, that they lied when they said "sometime in february" because everyone knows that what that means is "not in early february".

Most other posts in this thread replying to this is either offtopic, or character assassination. (by the way, that's provocative!!)

To continue to quote someone wiser than I,
My God, are you not done yet?

And you are wrong, previous statements pointing your childishness isn't provocative, it's simple truth. A provocative statement would be inviting you to come settle up on those statements in game once the MMO is back up.

Or if you rather, I can come swing by your base. Up to you. Where'd you set up camp again?

Linbaba
True Believer

Post by Linbaba » 29 Jan 2017, 16:40

Dragmar wrote:
Linbaba wrote:I said one thing, that they lied when they said "sometime in february" because everyone knows that what that means is "not in early february".

How is that a lie?.

A lie is a statement that the stating party believes to be false and that is made with the intention to deceive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie

Knowing it's not coming early February as promised and announcing that it will be "sometime in February" is a statement that is made with the intention to deceive.

And before you ask, the deception in question is to let the public think or believe that it is still possible that the servers will open up next week or the week after.

The thing I'm having trouble understanding is how so many people don't understand such a simple thing?

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 29 Jan 2017, 17:35

Linbaba wrote:
The thing I'm having trouble understanding is how so many people don't understand such a simple thing?

I think the answer is obvious

Olivemanchester

Post by Olivemanchester » 30 Jan 2017, 11:23

Linbaba wrote:The thing I'm having trouble understanding is how so many people don't understand such a simple thing?

And why do you think developers are interested in this?
To get a lot of negative and lose players confidence?
I think you're wrong.

Tholld

Post by Tholld » 30 Jan 2017, 16:24

Don't feed the troll.

Palladin
True Believer

Post by Palladin » 30 Jan 2017, 16:46

i think for all who paid for access on beta1 - better to talk in separate topic, which is open to us. it will made less nervous others players, who didn't pay and wait for wave2

Arzi

Post by Arzi » 30 Jan 2017, 17:21

Please somebody mute this guy.

Return to General Discussion