Anyone able to claim land yet?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Macpharlan

Anyone able to claim land yet?

Post by Macpharlan » 19 Nov 2017, 06:43

Copper coin? Claim is the only way to protect your stuff, why make it nearly impossible to make one?

I have folks just come right in and open my chest and take crap, I can't attack them or I lose charma, I can't protect it because I need some coin that there seems no data on how to get.

Rannoch

Re: Anyone able to claim land yet?

Post by Rannoch » 19 Nov 2017, 13:57

Umm, Might want to check that link again. It has nothing to do with creating a monument or claiming land.

Nikhtas17

Post by Nikhtas17 » 19 Nov 2017, 14:05

Rannoch wrote:Umm, Might want to check that link again. It has nothing to do with creating a monument or claiming land.

lol,indeed

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 19 Nov 2017, 14:22

My bad folks! Its fixed now. Bad copy paste.

Peegee77
True Believer

Post by Peegee77 » 19 Nov 2017, 15:52

Arrakis wrote:My bad folks! Its fixed now. Bad copy paste.

Thanks for that link, but we have already seen how it should work. The issue is that people are saying that the system shown in the link is currently broken. Nobody wants to walk for an hour or two to get to a trade post, only to find it was a wasted journey. In fact, today on Discord Bobik said this:

Bobik - Today at 10:24 AM
..... And no, those restarts will not help with the trading posts so far, unfortunately

So is there a problem with it or not? At the moment a lot of people, like me, feel we haven't really started the game "properly" because we can't claim land and protect what we build from decay and theft. If you can confirm it's all working properly then we can get going.

PS/ You guys must be run ragged with all this. Keep up the good work, it's appreciated.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 19 Nov 2017, 16:11

Selling items in trade posts should work now.

Loleznub
Zealous Believer

Post by Loleznub » 19 Nov 2017, 19:54

Arrakis wrote:Selling items in trade posts should work now.

Just made the 2.5 hour trek to the trade post after seeing your post..

For all others doing the same, trade posts do NOT work.

Ore, Meat, Fish, Wood, Seeds, Flax, Vegetables, Rock.

I've tried all of that and still nothing works..

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 19 Nov 2017, 21:10

Loleznub wrote:
Arrakis wrote:Selling items in trade posts should work now.

Just made the 2.5 hour trek to the trade post after seeing your post..

For all others doing the same, trade posts do NOT work.

Ore, Meat, Fish, Wood, Seeds, Flax, Vegetables, Rock.

I've tried all of that and still nothing works..

Have you tried bone glue ? It was in the tutorial ...

Macpharlan

Post by Macpharlan » 19 Nov 2017, 21:23

Devs, Can you please give us info on what needs to be traded for copper coin, this is a vital part of the game that seems missing right now, the page on it is lacking for sure.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Peegee77
True Believer

Post by Peegee77 » 19 Nov 2017, 23:31

I think its something for the players to figure out. Whether people share that knowledge or keep it to themselves is up to them. I've been told that the crown will buy hides, but I can't confirm that.

Atacr
Devoted Believer

Post by Atacr » 20 Nov 2017, 01:16

Patch was suppose to fix the market but its still not working :-(

Long weekend for not, even longer for the devs.

Atacr
Devoted Believer

Post by Atacr » 20 Nov 2017, 01:20

Peegee77 wrote:I think its something for the players to figure out. Whether people share that knowledge or keep it to themselves is up to them. I've been told that the crown will buy hides, but I can't confirm that.

I get the option to sell them, click the button and nothing happens. Its just broke right now.

Krawdad

Post by Krawdad » 20 Nov 2017, 01:22

Atacr wrote:Patch was suppose to fix the market but its still not working :-(

Long weekend for not, even longer for the devs.

Are you serious? They ruined at least half a weekend day of playtime in order to get this patch out and it doesn't even fix the issue?

Atacr
Devoted Believer

Post by Atacr » 20 Nov 2017, 05:05

Apparently it worked on the EU server but not the NA server

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 20 Nov 2017, 12:43

Slightly off topic, but is it just a clan/guild group of 10 players etc that can claim land?

I know this game Is heavily focused on guilds/clans and that is fine. But what does a solitary player do to claim land? Is this not possible? If it is possible, does a single player still need one of these "coins" to claim land?

Currently my understanding is that anyone can walk onto my land and take stuff from my small storage box. I'm assuming this because when I came on today, my unfinished house was destroyed and all my storage boxes were empty.

As a solitary player, how can I at least progress without claiming land when someone can just come and take everything I have done.

Any help info greatly appreciated.

Macpharlan

Post by Macpharlan » 20 Nov 2017, 15:41

You can do a personal claim, but you need to go get a coin from the crown (don't know if that is working yet and what it takes to trade).

The question I have been trying to figure out is if a personal claim can be shared by a small group, really hoping yes.

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 20 Nov 2017, 17:00

Macpharlan wrote:You can do a personal claim, but you need to go get a coin from the crown (don't know if that is working yet and what it takes to trade).

The question I have been trying to figure out is if a personal claim can be shared by a small group, really hoping yes.

Yeah i've managed to work it out now. Been upto the market and traded to the crown for some coins. Now i'm on my way back to make my claim, praying to god i don't get robbed and killed and lose my coins.

I can see why they have done it the way it is. It makes people aware of the market and that you can trade with it etc.

Toetsi
Zealous Believer

Post by Toetsi » 20 Nov 2017, 18:33

GeordieMarv wrote:
Macpharlan wrote:You can do a personal claim, but you need to go get a coin from the crown (don't know if that is working yet and what it takes to trade).

Yeah i've managed to work it out now. Been upto the market and traded to the crown for some coins. Now i'm on my way back to make my claim, praying to god i don't get robbed and killed and lose my coins.

I can see why they have done it the way it is. It makes people aware of the market and that you can trade with it etc.

What did u trade?

Peegee77
True Believer

Post by Peegee77 » 20 Nov 2017, 19:08

I traded building logs, apparently hides will sell to the crown as well.

I set a personal claim, but that's bugged as well. When I right click it my only options are "inspect" or "destroy" so I can't manage or maintain it.

EDIT: That fixed itself after a relog.

Another issue is that, when you can interact with it, the cost to keep it going is massive. I don't even know if a personal claim is going to be viable unless you build right outside the central city. Maybe its deliberate to push people into guilds, maybe its just badly thought out.
Last edited by Peegee77 on 20 Nov 2017, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

Azzuriel
Zealous Believer

Post by Azzuriel » 20 Nov 2017, 19:14

Hi,

same here,... cant interact with the personal Monument...

Regards Jan
»Eine wirklich Gute Idee erkennt man daran, das ihre Verwirklichung von vorn herein ausgeschlossen erscheint.« -Einstein https://antarien.com

Zeves

Post by Zeves » 20 Nov 2017, 19:40

its probably bugged like evrything else in the game, if they didnt want people to be in small groups or hermits, they wouldnt add the posibility in the first place right?

Macpharlan

Post by Macpharlan » 20 Nov 2017, 19:42

One of the devs says it's a dispatching issue that they are fixing now.

cant-interact-with-claim-t25411

Once this is working, can someone please confirm if you can invite folks to your private claim so groups can function?

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 21 Nov 2017, 03:05

Peegee77 wrote:...Another issue is that, when you can interact with it, the cost to keep it going is massive. I don't even know if a personal claim is going to be viable unless you build right outside the central city. Maybe its deliberate to push people into guilds, maybe its just badly thought out.

I noticed this too. Got back, made my claim. Used the spare 6 coins or whatever i had as a sacrifice. Gave me 1 in game day on my claim, which has ran out already.

Are we seriously expected to go and get coins everyday to feed a personal claim? I mean i can understand a guild having to do that, as they have so many more people and more perks. But for a single player with a personal claim who just wants say a small 10 x 10 for a house and a few bits 'n bobs? Seems ridiclious.

I see you can buy coins too with real money...what a surprise. Call me cynical, but maybe it's deliberate to make people buy coins.
:evil:

Return to General Discussion