Are people still playing

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
HolyAvengerOne

Re: Are people still playing

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 11 Mar 2018, 19:38

There were 1800 people last night logged in just on Buyan. So yeah, about about half as many we got at one point within the first month of being open beta (Nov '17). But that was really when there were only 2 servers. Now there are 6 7 servers.

---
Edit just checked on the lif online dashboard for each server :

Code: Select all
EU-N = 1
EU-A = 2082
EU-E = 1183
EU-S = 1134
NA-B = 983
NA-N = 40
NA-T = 572

So that's a total of 5994 players. It's actually higher in Europe than it was 3 months ago, before the Steam launch and add'l servers, iirc (it was comparable or a bit higher than NA?)

What's really interesting is to see how NA lost a bunch of population while EU was growing...

I hope it tells the devs (or already has?) that they need to get NA working. Put more ressources, change providers, change location, use better DDOS counter services, etc. I don't know, anything.

And also, please, treat that server like you treat Avalon, same rules, everything, which is what this game was sold to us. Nevermind the small group of players that's told you to make it different, they're probably already all quit.

MAKE BUYAN GREAT AGAIN!! [BUYAN == AVALON] !!!
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 12 Mar 2018, 18:33

I know of a few American Buyan players who have gone to Avalon because of the crap state of the NA server.

I have considered it myself if it didnt cost me another 10 bucks. But I refuse to grind up another character or bother with paying them another cent. I was promised a product I want THAT product.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Nate884

Post by Nate884 » 13 Mar 2018, 04:26

I'm on the Epleland server so I can only speak for that. The only real difference I've been noticing in my limited experience is that everyone who plays LiF went and bought Kingdom Come: Deliverance (except me, I missed the boat on supporting it and don't want to pay full price right now, hehe) when it came out and have been disappearing to that game off and on.

I've had LiF:YO since 2015 and every now and then I go to another game for a little bit and give it a chance to get updated, but I always come back and never regret doing so, this is one of my all time favorite games.

Ghofmann2

Post by Ghofmann2 » 13 Mar 2018, 14:44

It has definitely died down since launch, but yes, there are still a lot of people playing.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 13 Mar 2018, 14:46

Ghofmann2 wrote:It has definitely died down since launch, but yes, there are still a lot of people playing.

Your definition of a lot is different than mine.

EVE Online 34k players on one server during peak hours on the weekend... that is a lot.

LiF-MMO, 1500players peak time on weekend when the server stays up... not a lot.

Tetsel
Beta Tester

Post by Tetsel » 13 Mar 2018, 15:14

Then ask CCP Games to fund Bitbox and to hand them some few devs for LiF, considering the amount of useless work CCP devs are achieving they could be more useful on LiF:MMO.
:crazy:

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 14 Mar 2018, 01:59

Hodo wrote:
Ghofmann2 wrote:It has definitely died down since launch, but yes, there are still a lot of people playing.

EVE Online 34k players on one server during peak hours on the weekend... that is a lot.

LiF-MMO, 1500players peak time on weekend when the server stays up... not a lot.

EVE has developed some interesting stuff on their end. When they started, they were pioneer in that game genre and playing with sandboxes/servers farms so large that .

Heck, anyone older than 15 will remember remember that back in 2003, there wasn't such a thing as "the cloud", nevermind the processing power, and networks that weren't as developed as they are today :P

The EVE devs peeps really were at the forefront of that tech from a gaming perspective.
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

0214paddy

Post by 0214paddy » 18 Mar 2018, 17:58

Hodo wrote:

I have been playing Eve since 2006 and I remember over 50,000 players at peak times.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 18 Mar 2018, 18:32

0214paddy wrote:
Hodo wrote:

I have been playing Eve since 2006 and I remember over 50,000 players at peak times.

We went up to 65k at one point :) http://www.eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 19 Mar 2018, 13:22

HolyAvengerOne wrote:
We went up to 65k at one point :) http://www.eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

I remember those days...

But that was when there was absolutely NOTHING else out there that was good as a sandbox. Let alone sci-fi game.

And you are right CCP did a lot of things that made their game possible that is pioneering achievements for MMOs. Which is why I have stuck with them for so long. That and the constant communications from the developers to the playerbase through the CSM system and through monthly reports.

Ghofmann2

Post by Ghofmann2 » 19 Mar 2018, 14:37

Don't give up on this game yet, guys. It still has tons of promise. I know a lot of people have stopped playing since the beta release hype, but we still have the live release hype to look forward to. If the game is good at that point, people will come back to play and new people will join our ranks as well. Hopefully, the devs reserve some money for advertising/publicity. Really want to see this game succeed.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 19 Mar 2018, 15:17

Ghofmann2 wrote:Don't give up on this game yet, guys. It still has tons of promise. I know a lot of people have stopped playing since the beta release hype, but we still have the live release hype to look forward to. If the game is good at that point, people will come back to play and new people will join our ranks as well. Hopefully, the devs reserve some money for advertising/publicity. Really want to see this game succeed.

People said this about Mortal Online for 5 years... some of those people are still waiting for that game to get good.

I expected a 70-80% drop in player numbers after 3 months... I was not wrong. But what I did not expect was the continued failure of the developers to recognize issues with the game and actually fix or find a work around for them.

This is why players are losing faith and leaving. When other games like Crowfall, Darkfall New Dawn, and others on the horizon or released. You will continue to lose players to the "new shiny" effect. Then with the overall mixed (mostly negative) reviews on Steam, that are because of stability issues with the servers for North America. The game will find it VERY hard to gain players from STEAM due to this.

Then when we go to Youtube reviews and Twitch streamers, other recruitment tools, you have nothing bug glitched videos, crashes, and lag fests to watch streamers get frustrated with.

Negative PR is worse than no PR.

There was a saying on the wall of one of my old jobs.

Return to General Discussion