Are personal claim sizes increasing as intended?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

LuxInTenebris

Are personal claim sizes increasing as intended?

Post by LuxInTenebris » 21 Nov 2017, 22:17

Hey guys,

My apologies if this is a known bug or has been answered already, but I can't see anything in the forums.

About 24 hours ago I set up a personal claim and filled it with copper coins for 4 IRL days. The claim size at that time was 9 tiles.

A day later I come back and the stored coin allowance has reduced to 3 IRL days but the claim size itself hasn't increased. I see a 'resize' option but this only gives me a maximum allowance of 9 squares, one of which must include the monument: so, not 'adding' extra squares, simply moving existing ones around.

Is this a known issue, or have fellow feudalists found a way around it? I should have a 150 tile allowance anyway on my subscription but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Thanks in advance guys,

LuxInTeneris (IG Dio Cassius)

AXE_Slant

Re: Are personal claim sizes increasing as intended?

Post by AXE_Slant » 21 Nov 2017, 22:30

Bumpity bump bump. Asking the important questions right here. Without property protection anything I accomplish at the moment leaves we wondering when I'll login to find someone else has stolen my land that I have been hard at work terraforming and planting...

Peegee77
True Believer

Post by Peegee77 » 21 Nov 2017, 23:04

You click the ground and "resize claim", you can then expand the claim to any size you want, within the limits, whatever they are. The cost is per tile, so if you double the size from 9 to 18, the claim will cost twice as much / expire in half the time. Seems to be working for me, although it has had a few bugs.

AXE_Slant

Post by AXE_Slant » 21 Nov 2017, 23:05

LuxInTenebris wrote:Hey guys,

My apologies if this is a known bug or has been answered already, but I can't see anything in the forums.

About 24 hours ago I set up a personal claim and filled it with copper coins for 4 IRL days. The claim size at that time was 9 tiles.

A day later I come back and the stored coin allowance has reduced to 3 IRL days but the claim size itself hasn't increased. I see a 'resize' option but this only gives me a maximum allowance of 9 squares, one of which must include the monument: so, not 'adding' extra squares, simply moving existing ones around.

Is this a known issue, or have fellow feudalists found a way around it? I should have a 150 tile allowance anyway on my subscription but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Thanks in advance guys,

LuxInTeneris (IG Dio Cassius)

I asked this question (more or less) in the newbie sub forum and received this reply from Arrakis. If its not working hopefully Arrakis will see this.

Arrakis wrote:Once you have the private monument, you need to right-click on the ground somewhere nearby your private monument location for the starting tile and select Claim resize to see the grid and select tiles you want to claim. Claim cannot be attacked outside of Judgment Hour. And yes, it protects your belongings. It can be a challenge for lone hermits to keep private claim up, though, at least now, in the beginning, because you need to get copper coins to build and sustain it.

LuxInTenebris

Post by LuxInTenebris » 21 Nov 2017, 23:06

Thanks for this. I understand that this is what we need to do, but the problem I'm facing is that my tile limit hasn't actually increased in many ingame days. It's stuck at 9/150, so I can't increase the size of my claim.

Peegee77
True Believer

Post by Peegee77 » 21 Nov 2017, 23:12

I am not sure I fully understand you. 9/150 means you have 9 out of 150, but you are not limited to 9. I just put up a new 3x3 claim then resized it immediately to 4x5.

LuxInTenebris

Post by LuxInTenebris » 22 Nov 2017, 00:17

Oh! I see. Well, that is wonderful. My apologies--perhaps I've been being a bit slow this evening. I thought 9/150 meant that I could theoretically have a maximum of 150 in due course, but only 9 is available right now. *facepalm*. Thanks for clarifying.

Peegee77
True Believer

Post by Peegee77 » 22 Nov 2017, 00:59

LuxInTenebris wrote:Oh! I see. Well, that is wonderful. My apologies--perhaps I've been being a bit slow this evening. I thought 9/150 meant that I could theoretically have a maximum of 150 in due course, but only 9 is available right now. *facepalm*. Thanks for clarifying.

I find the whole thing confusing. And yes, there is some sort of limit where you have to do other stuff ... use God's Favor to take it from 100 to 150 or something? But certainly the smaller sizes you just resize as required.

Return to General Discussion