Armor types per race

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Vilevirtus

Armor types per race

Post by Vilevirtus » 18 Sep 2016, 13:40

I've been taking a look at the news articles they have been posting for some time now. I saw for example the concept art for the Slavard Chainmail and now for the Khoor Scalemail iswell.

At first I thought there were going to be 3 types of chainmail armor. One for the Slavards, one for the Khoors and one for the more european race, dont know the name.

Now I'm starting to think that scalemail armor is just going to have a more Mongolion look. And Chainmail is going to have a more viking look.

Has anybody heard anything about their plans for armor? It would be cool if the looks of your chainmail depended on your race. And it would be weird for someone playing the more European race to have a chainmail armor with a viking look.

WolfDart
Zealous Believer

Re: Armor types per race

Post by WolfDart » 14 Apr 2017, 06:42

Vilevirtus wrote:I've been taking a look at the news articles they have been posting for some time now. I saw for example the concept art for the Slavard Chainmail and now for the Khoor Scalemail iswell.

At first I thought there were going to be 3 types of chainmail armor. One for the Slavards, one for the Khoors and one for the more european race, dont know the name.

Now I'm starting to think that scalemail armor is just going to have a more Mongolion look. And Chainmail is going to have a more viking look.

Has anybody heard anything about their plans for armor? It would be cool if the looks of your chainmail depended on your race. And it would be weird for someone playing the more European race to have a chainmail armor with a viking look.

I'm not quite sure.. It's been some time since this news was released. But I think each race will eventually get Padded, Leather, Chainmail, Scale & Plate.. But we still yet have to hear back from the devs. I really hope they are still thinking of adding at least the armor that has been shown so far, as my whole server is really hoping to see the Slavard chainmail at some point soon! :Yahoo!:

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 14 Apr 2017, 16:49

these armors will be cash shop skins as far as we know, it will replace your armor skin when equiped

you are right, khoors scale armor looks like mongolian armors, because khoors are inspired by arabic empires and mongolian empire

they should release heavy lore content soon, we'll know more about these races and maybe about armors, buildings and custom buildings :beer:
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

WolfDart
Zealous Believer

Post by WolfDart » 14 Apr 2017, 21:33

Khan- wrote:these armors will be cash shop skins as far as we know, it will replace your armor skin when equiped

you are right, khoors scale armor looks like mongolian armors, because khoors are inspired by arabic empires and mongolian empire

they should release heavy lore content soon, we'll know more about these races and maybe about armors, buildings and custom buildings :beer:

Wow i'm happy to know that this is intended to be implemented at some point. I understand that recently the devs decided to add the MMO changes too YO but will this be also done for these new armor skins / buildings?.. This really interests me and my server, We are all dying to hear some news! :good:

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 16 Apr 2017, 20:03

WolfDart wrote:
Wow i'm happy to know that this is intended to be implemented at some point. I understand that recently the devs decided to add the MMO changes too YO but will this be also done for these new armor skins / buildings?.. This really interests me and my server, We are all dying to hear some news! :good:

There's no guarantee that these changes will be implemented in LIFYO though, so you may want to consider playing the MMO once it comes out instead of LIFYO

WolfDart
Zealous Believer

Post by WolfDart » 17 Apr 2017, 02:51

Hallegra wrote:

There's no guarantee that these changes will be implemented in LIFYO though, so you may want to consider playing the MMO once it comes out instead of LIFYO[/quote]

I understand why they wouldn't add these changes to LIFYO but at the same time they're going to have to add something.. I will be playing the MMO but I will also still be running my server. I understand these changes will be added to the MMO first but we still expect something on LIFYO

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 17 Apr 2017, 03:59

WolfDart wrote:I understand why they wouldn't add these changes to LIFYO but at the same time they're going to have to add something.. I will be playing the MMO but I will also still be running my server. I understand these changes will be added to the MMO first but we still expect something on LIFYO

As happy as I would be to have all the changes applied to both the MMO and LIFYO, lifyo is technically a completed game according to the devteam and therefore, while I would love to see it, I'm doubtful of the devteam spending time to implement more stuff into lifyo once the MMO comes out, especially considering lifyo would then draw players away from their game. It would kinda be like if the DOTA1 team kept working on it when DOTA2 was already released and popular

WolfDart
Zealous Believer

Post by WolfDart » 17 Apr 2017, 10:53

Hallegra wrote:
WolfDart wrote:I understand why they wouldn't add these changes to LIFYO but at the same time they're going to have to add something.. I will be playing the MMO but I will also still be running my server. I understand these changes will be added to the MMO first but we still expect something on LIFYO

As happy as I would be to have all the changes applied to both the MMO and LIFYO, lifyo is technically a completed game according to the devteam and therefore, while I would love to see it, I'm doubtful of the devteam spending time to implement more stuff into lifyo once the MMO comes out, especially considering lifyo would then draw players away from their game. It would kinda be like if the DOTA1 team kept working on it when DOTA2 was already released and popular

I don't think that's completely true as the devs have said they have set the ground work on LIFYO for Natives and horse carts.. I'm pretty sure we can expect too see these added sometime this year. But I understand what your saying but still I wouldn't say the devs are treating it as completely finished..

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 17 Apr 2017, 16:17

I understand why they wouldn't add these changes to LIFYO but at the same time they're going to have to add something.. I will be playing the MMO but I will also still be running my server. I understand these changes will be added to the MMO first but we still expect something on LIFYO

Lets hope dev soon start to give a fuck about YO. Game is done, sort of working and i doubt they can much more money out of it. YO was made as a "beta" for the mmo and to get money for the mmo.
As it is right now, on a good day there is 800 people playing the mmo when it is up. I checked earlier and 1400 was playing YO. On Easter...
I must say 800 people in a broken mmo is pretty well done. And those 800 even paid money to play it. I am pretty sure the moment stuff like server changes is fixed, the mmo will explode with people and YO will finish exist

Return to General Discussion