Asia server for MMO ?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Kamderi
True Believer

Asia server for MMO ?

Post by Kamderi » 23 Apr 2017, 00:38

do we get asia server on wave#2 or open beta ?

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Re: Asia server for MMO ?

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 23 Apr 2017, 05:05

Asia server wont have players,i would rather to play in foring server
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 23 Apr 2017, 11:36

While we have definite plans to host NA servers, hosting CIS and Asia servers is possible but not 100% sure.

Paulchatterton
Zealous Believer

Post by Paulchatterton » 23 Apr 2017, 12:12

Please host a CIS server. Apart from the difficulty in communication between people using the Cyrillic alphabet and those using the Latin alphabet, I believe that, in general, Russian players have a distinctly different play style to players in Western Europe, in particular many of them have a very aggressive approach to PvP and it would be nice to be able escape from that without having to hide in a remote corner of the continent. Furthermore, a server covering all timezones from London to Vladivostok is going to present a major challenge to arranging attacks on bases.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 23 Apr 2017, 14:19

Paulchatterton wrote:Please host a CIS server. Apart from the difficulty in communication between people using the Cyrillic alphabet and those using the Latin alphabet, I believe that, in general, Russian players have a distinctly different play style to players in Western Europe, in particular many of them have a very aggressive approach to PvP and it would be nice to be able escape from that without having to hide in a remote corner of the continent. Furthermore, a server covering all timezones from London to Vladivostok is going to present a major challenge to arranging attacks on bases.

If you think that CIS server will make the EU one more peaceful and farmers friendly you are in for quite a shock. Not the mention the competitive russian guilds you are afraid of can stay on the EU server the same way some NA players/clans will stay.
As far as communication goes I don't find it easier to try communicating with someone from Poland, Spain, Hungary and so on that doesn't speak english at all.

JackStark
Zealous Believer

Post by JackStark » 23 Apr 2017, 22:00

Honestly one thing i think people are overlooking is the time difference more than language barriers. It's not fair for NA players to have wars at 5 AM on a Tuesday, and have it be around 5 pm for European players. That’s a massive issue, making it impossible for people to even play the game and defend their claims. We have jobs and lives that can't revolve around it.

An example of these larger issues is people, on the west coast of US, were pushing 400-500 ping on the EU mmo just standing around. In large battles it was a picture show, 900+, and not fun at all. if you think that's healthy for the game, seriously put yourself in the other guys shoes instead of calling them selfish. The game is literally unplayable for many NA players.

Multiple server worlds is a great idea, people from all regions shouldn't have to play a pvp game on high ping at 4 in the morning. that’s the kind of stuff that would be very harmful to the gaming population. Also players are not blocked from playing on a EU server, so if that's your cup of tea, i don't see the issue with a few regional servers.

Let’s reverse the situation, what if there was only one server and it was NA. How would EU players and everyone feel about that? My point is, put yourself in the other guy’s shoes.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 24 Apr 2017, 03:13

JackStark wrote:Honestly one thing i think people are overlooking is the time difference more than language barriers. It's not fair for NA players to have wars at 5 AM on a Tuesday, and have it be around 5 pm for European players. That’s a massive issue, making it impossible for people to even play the game and defend their claims. We have jobs and lives that can't revolve around it.

An example of these larger issues is people, on the west coast of US, were pushing 400-500 ping on the EU mmo just standing around. In large battles it was a picture show, 900+, and not fun at all. if you think that's healthy for the game, seriously put yourself in the other guys shoes instead of calling them selfish. The game is literally unplayable for many NA players.

Multiple server worlds is a great idea, people from all regions shouldn't have to play a pvp game on high ping at 4 in the morning. that’s the kind of stuff that would be very harmful to the gaming population. Also players are not blocked from playing on a EU server, so if that's your cup of tea, i don't see the issue with a few regional servers.

Let’s reverse the situation, what if there was only one server and it was NA. How would EU players and everyone feel about that? My point is, put yourself in the other guy’s shoes.

There is one thing called VPN, and that is fit for most of the players who had a high ping issue. i had 400pings without connection and 100-200 of used. i dont think 5-10 $ per week is a high consumption for some of the poor guys.

Kamderi
True Believer

Post by Kamderi » 28 Apr 2017, 00:13

which VPN you are using ?

Hakjimmy
Alpha Tester

Post by Hakjimmy » 28 Apr 2017, 04:47

Arrakis wrote:While we have definite plans to host NA servers, hosting CIS and Asia servers is possible but not 100% sure.

plz think about asia server. I know of a large population in asia community.The reason why they don't play MMO is their ping in general is over 300..with or without proxy ,which makes it impossible to fight in EU server.We could build stuff on EU server but that takes out our core fun in the game... so plz spare a thought about our Big asia community.Thanks

Stafford33
Zealous Believer

Post by Stafford33 » 28 Apr 2017, 14:22

Oceanic players like those from Australia would play on an Asian server as it is close enough to offer good ping. Hope this is considered.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 29 Apr 2017, 04:28

Kamderi wrote:which VPN you are using ?

Try to Google "MXVPN" .and select Russian (俄国1)route 1-4. i had 190 pings right now, this is not ADs .

Nerfe3d

Post by Nerfe3d » 31 Jan 2019, 06:56

Artoria Pendragon wrote:Asia server wont have players,i would rather to play in foring server

The guy above has no clue what he is talking about for sure.

Those people who are talking about Reason not having your own regional server have no idea about MMO or the effect of ping. If you are getting 100-200 ping paying extra with VPN you are still at total disadvantaged. if the developer is not going to host a regional server, I say allow the option to host server on our own that way is a win for everyone(you will have more people buying the game for the Dev). The player can pay for the private server that they chose to play (much better than paying for VPN).

Return to General Discussion