Bark Box change: You are killing PVP 2 weeks into OBT

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Tormund
Zealous Believer

Re: Bark Box change: You are killing PVP 2 weeks into OBT

Post by Tormund » 05 Dec 2017, 21:56

so many of my guildies and alliance members are leaving now.. GG for me. devs killed there own game.

Agathon

Post by Agathon » 05 Dec 2017, 22:57

Ya'll must of never played EVE - Vulnerability timers.

Castle walls were HARD to scale back in the day, couldnt just walk up and stack a few boxes and get up a real castle wall.. the height of them were ridiculous.

I do agree that ladders do need to be implemented though, just bark boxes / sleeping bag ladders should not be allowed... a proper item, that can be kicked off the wall, etc.
Forsaken Blood - Godleland - Hardcore PvP - Interested in joining? https://discord.gg/BRKhBpZ

Peegee77
True Believer

Post by Peegee77 » 05 Dec 2017, 23:17

Agathon wrote:Ya'll must of never played EVE - Vulnerability timers.

Castle walls were HARD to scale back in the day, couldnt just walk up and stack a few boxes and get up a real castle wall.. the height of them were ridiculous.

I do agree that ladders do need to be implemented though, just bark boxes / sleeping bag ladders should not be allowed... a proper item, that can be kicked off the wall, etc.

He's right. And it doesn't stop EVE being wall to wall PVP.

If so many people want to PVP - and that includes me - there is 400 sq km of map to do it. You can fight all the folks who want to fight, just a bit tough at the moment to fight the ones that don't.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd far rather fight somebody who is trained, equipped and eager to fight. It's a challenge and it means something. Maybe most people want easier targets.

Falcion
True Believer

Post by Falcion » 05 Dec 2017, 23:29

"Real PvP'ers this real PvP'ers that", and almost all of those "real PvP'ers run around naked with a glaive or a crossbow on alt character so that they won't lose much.

What you're reffering to is PKing not PvP. And basicly it's pathetic way of growing your in game sword ego.

"Ohh look I killed 3 people", yeah while they were afk in their base when you "floated" on a magic bedroll...
Don't call yourself a PvP'er if you're only interested in slaughtering someone who has no will to fight.

On the other hand I do hope they'll rethink some JH ideas and implement proper wall scaling equipment and sieges of course.
So we can see each other on a real battlefield that was meant to be!

Knar
Zealous Believer

Post by Knar » 06 Dec 2017, 04:06

This game was advertised as a hardcore feudal life mmo. In feudal times, if you were attacked you either had to become subjects of the attacker, or find someone stronger to become a vassal of. That is natural cause and effects of feudal life.

This completely removes that aspect of the game. Now if someone wants to build next door to me, there's nothing I can do to stop them. Why cooperate with other guilds when I can just sit in my walls 23 hours a day in safety and log out for the 1 judgement hour?

Just add in siege ladders before removing raiding and making anyone with 30 minutes of terraforming and some wattle fences 100% safe. We're not asking you to hurry up and put siege ladders out, just don't remove stack raiding in the meantime...Simple!

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 06 Dec 2017, 04:24

Bodil wrote:
Arrakis wrote:Hey guys. How about we first fix most severe issues and bugs and make the game pleasantly playable before we start implementing new features in the game? We have heard your calls and we have implemented the solution that we could at this moment in between working on important fixes. Proper solution may be implemented once servers are fully optimized, most severe issues fixed and players can properly enjoy the game. This is the highest priority right now.

Blackberrygoo, be aware, if you think that insults towards other users or us directly will change anything, you're wrong. The only thing they can change is your access to our forums. We are open to suggestions, we will gladly take a look and consider some proper, constructive criticism, but if you'll go another path, i.e. throwing insults, then I may have no choice but to exclude you from our community for the sake of preserving a nice, calm and civilized discussion.

The old "optimization excuse"? Someone made a working siege tower mod for YO that works RIGHT NOW. Give us that, I don't care if it's a buggy mess.

Most people would rather log in and deal with the bugs with a chance at attacking/defending a keep with a kick ass siege tower instead of doing the alternative, which is waiting weeks/months for "optimization."

Agreed .

Zehive
Alpha Tester

Post by Zehive » 06 Dec 2017, 06:29

ultra raeg because people are abusing a game mechanic do to something only supposed to be possible during JH which, iirc, is daily. and lasts a few hours on the weekend. or during sieges. its not like people never leave their walled claim, its not like the game devs have ever done anything but make it clear that they intend pvp to happen daily on JHs. youre essentially mad because your favorite tactic of run up to any random claim regardless of game mechanics and get inside without anyone noticing because they arent standing on the walls watching 24/7 doesnt work anymore

Edit: and id rather lose a few handfuls of hardcore pvpers trying to find the cheesiest strats possible to kill people over losing hundreds of potential players who just don't want to put up with your bullshit, who arent so vocal and will strangle the life out of the game by leaving because you want your nonstop bloodthirst sated.

Gruber

Post by Gruber » 06 Dec 2017, 09:10

Yurets1257 wrote:So we come to your castle, build bark box ladder, grab everything and disappear.

That is not even possible while JH. Without the siege system the city claim is always save. There is nothing that raiders can raid, only can have some fun, killing people. This makes the discussion about "PvP" so much hilarious, all those crybabys crying about not having a save bubble by gamedesign, do not understand the mechanic. There are no raid or siege, never can someone touch your property. The only thing that people have, jumping over a stone wall, is some pvp fun.

I dont even know why JH is still in the game, JH does not change anything. City claim is still save and every guild with a bit of brain does not place their values outside the city claim.

Yurets1257 wrote:But what a tragedy, you have claim, we can't get your precious, however we still want to have fun. So we stay, until some of you enter the game. And once you are in, you are dead.

I doubt that someone raids a empty claim just to sit in there for hours, just for a single kill. There is nothing one can do on enemy claim land.

Dealman

Post by Dealman » 06 Dec 2017, 10:08

Personally I despise the bark box strategy as it's cheap and cheesy and requires minimal effort to overcome something that takes a whole community to establish.

With that said, that's merely my opinion and I understand this is part of the game.

I would be fine if there were some sort of structural integrity, so it actually takes some effort to do it and that it comes with some risk for example falling apart or whatnot.

I don't expect a fully featured physics system in Life is Feudal so dunno. But at least something has to be done about it IMO.

Gruber

Post by Gruber » 06 Dec 2017, 10:46

Dealman wrote:Personally I despise the bark box strategy as it's cheap and cheesy and requires minimal effort to overcome something that takes a whole community to establish.

I don't expect a fully featured physics system in Life is Feudal so dunno. But at least something has to be done about it IMO.

We are going to have siege tower and ladders to overcome walls. ladders will be very cheap and easy to build. They will be faster than stacking bark boxes for minutes.

Honestly a simple stone wall is not even worth to build up in the mmo. stone walls do not take long to build nor does you need a whole community for it. It makes more sense to directly aim for castle walls.

Dealman

Post by Dealman » 06 Dec 2017, 11:32

Gruber wrote:
Dealman wrote:Personally I despise the bark box strategy as it's cheap and cheesy and requires minimal effort to overcome something that takes a whole community to establish.

We are going to have siege tower and ladders to overcome walls. ladders will be very cheap and easy to build. They will be faster than stacking bark boxes for minutes.

Honestly a simple stone wall is not even worth to build up in the mmo. stone walls do not take long to build nor does you need a whole community for it. It makes more sense to directly aim for castle walls.

If you have a medieval era game and you have stone walls that are "not even worth it". You're doing something wrong.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 06 Dec 2017, 13:52

Agathon wrote:Ya'll must of never played EVE - Vulnerability timers.

You do realize most people in this game dont even have castle walls, they have palisades or stone walls. I can scale a palisade in real life... they are usually only 10-12ft tall. A stone wall is a bit taller in game, about 15ft. Castle walls are tall as hell and actually are VERY hard to build a bark box to climb over. They are almost 30ft tall in game.

Also in the middle ages, the reason people couldnt just stack crap to get over them is because.... uh... guards... Guards were posted on every wall and it was their job to watch for things like that.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 06 Dec 2017, 14:18

This Change aint Ruining PvP
What it Ruins is Griefing and RPKing.

Its in Fact Saving PvP.
Because now actual PvP Battles can happen instead of Griefing Clusterfu**

Now if People want to Attack a City.
They have to actually Attack it when there is People there Defending it.
Instead of just being able to Scale the Walls during the Night and Kill the 5-6 Crafters inside.

If you want to Attack a City with Walls grow some Balls and do it properly during JH.

If your just out to Massacre Defenseless People in the Offhours we dont need you and dont want you.
Your just ruining the Game for People by that.

Climbing over some Wall when 90% of the Towns Players aint even Online and then Attack the few guys in there from behind is not PvP.
Its just Griefing.

This Change was Heavily Needed.
Because without it. Chances are that very fast the Game would end up being nothing but an empty PvP Arena of Griefers and RPKs killing each other from behind.
While everyone else just Leaves the Game annoyed.

Now this Game has a Good Future and might actually be able to become pretty Big.
As there is actually a Place for Crafters and non Hardcore PvPers.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 06 Dec 2017, 14:25

Sunleader wrote:This Change aint Ruining PvP

Its in Fact Saving PvP.

Instead of just being able to Scale the Walls during the Night and Kill the 5-6 Crafters inside.

If you want to Attack a City with Walls grow some Balls and do it properly during JH.

If your just out to Massacre Defenseless People in the Offhours we dont need you and dont want you.

Climbing over some Wall when 90% of the Towns Players aint even Online and then Attack the few guys in there from behind is not PvP.
Its just Griefing.

Because without it. Chances are that very fast the Game would end up being nothing but an empty PvP Arena of Griefers and RPKs killing each other from behind.

Now this Game has a Good Future and might actually be able to become pretty Big.

It isnt going to change the "hardcore PVPers". They will adapt, and instead of going over your walls during "off-hours" they will just wait for you outside of your walls, and kill in every time you leave. And you have to leave.

They will start placing guild claims on private claims and taking your stuff. They will start cutting down EVERY tree on your tile. They will dig massive trenches that you will get stuck in around your "keeps". They will grief you until you no longer have the will to play.

I know the mind of these players... Because I was one. You dont realize the lengths they will go through to cause you grief if they dont like you.

Killa162

Post by Killa162 » 06 Dec 2017, 14:35

Entire problem goes away if you released the time tables of the bark box removal, and when ladders and other siege to scale walls were implemented. They would also need to be in a timeline where the "cheap" way was removed a week or couple days before the siege update was released after.

So it would look like this....

| _____ |
(C) ---- (S)
| = Content update
C = Cheap
S = Siege
_ = being the time elapsed in days (which I made 5 for demonstration, ultimately how long the siege update would need to be applied after removing certain items to be stacked no the amount of bugs from removing item properties to adding new items would result in the least amount of bugs)

Its in Fact Saving PvP.

(removed some of the stuff that was fluff)

But what you don't see in this is, what if Billy comes to your land that you have vassals and your main kingdom. And Billy and his friends in off hours setup claim, and build walls. You and your kingdom had no chance to show force to either make them move from your claimed land you patrol, or force them to submit and become vassals if they didn't want to leave.

Now? Now all you have is people freely settling wherever they please with no real politics or game influence because "muh safe zones can be scaled with bark boxes", with literally no fix implemented while taking this option out.

I agree for both sides, but more towards it's bullshit and they need to keep it till a solution comes.

1) Yes "real pvp" isn't scaling walls to kill afk grass/herb collectors or killing unaware crafters with no real weapon equipped(like a fully tooled blacksmith, hammer, crucible, shovel, saw). BUT

2) It's not that kingdoms don't have "balls", it's a means to keep your lands clear so that those players in that claim on your server tell their leaders they are getting attacked, and the attackers are saying "leave this land or be raided daily till you submit, or flee the lands". Raiding isn't always so one sided, it's not just meaningless crafter killing, it can be used for many reasons for land control on who you want to settle and who not to settle.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 06 Dec 2017, 15:05

Hodo wrote:

Its in Fact Saving PvP.

Its just Griefing.

It isnt going to change the "hardcore PVPers". They will adapt, and instead of going over your walls during "off-hours" they will just wait for you outside of your walls, and kill in every time you leave. And you have to leave.

They will start placing guild claims on private claims and taking your stuff. They will start cutting down EVERY tree on your tile. They will dig massive trenches that you will get stuck in around your "keeps". They will grief you until you no longer have the will to play.

I know the mind of these players... Because I was one. You dont realize the lengths they will go through to cause you grief if they dont like you.

Problem is.
They are already doing that anyways.

I told you before.
If there is a way to abuse the Mechanics the Griefers will use it.

And they will use it regardless of everything else.

Taking away one of these mechanics that they so far abused is a good change. And means one less thing they can abuse to get on my nerves.

Them sitting outside and waiting comes at an high risk for them as well.
Cause the longer they wait the bigger the chances that I can organize a Squad to take em on.

Anyways Mate.
I know exactly how Griefers Work.

And what your saying is not scaring me.
Because take a Guess.
All of what you said is stuff they are already doing anyways.

Thing is.
So far they could do it in relative safety as they could scale the wales and make sure that you cant even organize anything.
Now its at least harder for them to do it.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 06 Dec 2017, 15:08

Killa162 wrote:Entire problem goes away if you released the time tables of the bark box removal, and when ladders and other siege to scale walls were implemented. They would also need to be in a timeline where the "cheap" way was removed a week or couple days before the siege update was released after.

So it would look like this....

| _____ |
(C) ---- (S)
| = Content update
C = Cheap
S = Siege
_ = being the time elapsed in days (which I made 5 for demonstration, ultimately how long the siege update would need to be applied after removing certain items to be stacked no the amount of bugs from removing item properties to adding new items would result in the least amount of bugs)

Its in Fact Saving PvP.

(removed some of the stuff that was fluff)

But what you don't see in this is, what if Billy comes to your land that you have vassals and your main kingdom. And Billy and his friends in off hours setup claim, and build walls. You and your kingdom had no chance to show force to either make them move from your claimed land you patrol, or force them to submit and become vassals if they didn't want to leave.

Now? Now all you have is people freely settling wherever they please with no real politics or game influence because "muh safe zones can be scaled with bark boxes", with literally no fix implemented while taking this option out.

I agree for both sides, but more towards it's bullshit and they need to keep it till a solution comes.

1) Yes "real pvp" isn't scaling walls to kill afk grass/herb collectors or killing unaware crafters with no real weapon equipped(like a fully tooled blacksmith, hammer, crucible, shovel, saw). BUT

2) It's not that kingdoms don't have "balls", it's a means to keep your lands clear so that those players in that claim on your server tell their leaders they are getting attacked, and the attackers are saying "leave this land or be raided daily till you submit, or flee the lands". Raiding isn't always so one sided, it's not just meaningless crafter killing, it can be used for many reasons for land control on who you want to settle and who not to settle.

Sorry but the Answer to that is really Simple.

If you dont have the Power to Siege an Enemy during JH.
Then you have no Right to Demand him giving you Land or him becoming your Vassal.

In the First Place if he is Stronger than you and thus Capable of Defeating you during JH.
Then it would not work anyways. Because why would he even bother coming in the Offhours ??
He can just come whenever he Pleases.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 06 Dec 2017, 15:13

Sunleader wrote:

Then you have no Right to Demand him giving you Land or him becoming your Vassal.

In the First Place if he is Stronger than you and thus Capable of Defeating you during JH.
Then it would not work anyways. Because why would he even bother coming in the Offhours ??

Then hell by that reasoning 80% of the clans in the game on either EU or NA servers dont need to exist.

And I dont disagree with you on this point.

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 06 Dec 2017, 15:19

Hodo wrote:They will start cutting down EVERY tree on your tile.

Don't even consider this griefing anymore at this point. We have been at war since almost day one and this has been happening almost daily on both sides. I think it has turned into a legitimate tactic of economic warfare lol.

Either that or some people have some sick fetishes with seeing tree stumps.

Gruber

Post by Gruber » 06 Dec 2017, 15:24

Dealman wrote:If you have a medieval era game and you have stone walls that are "not even worth it". You're doing something wrong.

You should take some history lessons outside of your dream world. A two man high stone wall was not that big of a problem. A ladder, rope, ladder out of people was all you need. You were even able to climp up Stone walls in that era, there were enough holes and gabs to get up. And if you fought your way through to the gatehouse, it was possible to open it from the inside, something that LiF does not support.

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 06 Dec 2017, 15:27

Gruber wrote:
Dealman wrote:If you have a medieval era game and you have stone walls that are "not even worth it". You're doing something wrong.

You should take some history lessons outside of your dream world. A two man high stone wall was not that big of a problem. A ladder, rope, ladder out of people was all you need. You were even able to climp up Stone walls in that era, there were enough holes and gabs to get up. And if you fought your way through to the gatehouse, it was possible to open it from the inside, something that LiF does not support.

Hopefully that becomes a thing that would be pretty awesome to be able to gain control of the gate house in some way and open it.

Peegee77
True Believer

Post by Peegee77 » 06 Dec 2017, 15:48

Gruber wrote:

The key point is whether the wall is defended or not. A wall may be relatively easy to scale if it is not defended, but if it's got guys with bows and pointy things at the top, a wall is damn near impregnable. Medieval sieges lasted for weeks, months or years, and usually ended as a result of negotiation, starvation or treachery rather than direct assault.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 06 Dec 2017, 16:57

Hodo wrote:
Sunleader wrote:

Then hell by that reasoning 80% of the clans in the game on either EU or NA servers dont need to exist.

And I dont disagree with you on this point.

Why would a Clan not Exist with that Logic ?

You Cant Exist unless you can do Off Hour Griefing on other Clans ????

Mate I might be bad at getting to the Point.
But your pretty bad at explaining yours ^^

I have no idea what your trying to get at :)

Keldenrast

Post by Keldenrast » 06 Dec 2017, 17:12

And still no JH.
Brain...

KeuleX

Post by KeuleX » 06 Dec 2017, 17:32

alot of people posting here a probably the same people that ruined pvp in games like ark, conan exiles, rust and so on.
and now they qqq here cause the devs dont want the same shit to happen with this game.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 06 Dec 2017, 17:39

Sunleader wrote:Why would a Clan not Exist with that Logic ?

Quite simply as you put it.

If you arent strong enough to take a place during JH then you shouldnt be able to demand they become a vassal.

Then if you arent strong enough to defend yourself then you dont need to exist alone.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 06 Dec 2017, 17:44

Hodo wrote:
Sunleader wrote:Why would a Clan not Exist with that Logic ?

Quite simply as you put it.

If you arent strong enough to take a place during JH then you shouldnt be able to demand they become a vassal.

Then if you arent strong enough to defend yourself then you dont need to exist alone.

Except that makes no Sense.
A Small Clan is Capable of Defending a Small Piece of Land.

Thing is. You guys dont actually Attack them while they are Online to Defend it. You want to Attack it while Nobody is there to Defend it.

Also.
Anyone is allowed to Exist as long as he can Survive which is in this case Existing in the First Place.

If they cant Survive they wont Exist either lol

Thing is.
To make Demands of others you need to be Stronger than them.

Thats another reason why this Change is heavily needed.
Because its another thing which Ruined other Open World Sandbox Games.

Small Crab Clans without any Belongings. Just Griefing and Messing up larger Clans. Which they could never actually hope to Defeat in a Fight.
But which they still will frustrate out of the Game simply by annoying them with Offhours Attacks and Griefing.
While they themselves simply dont have anything to lose.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 06 Dec 2017, 18:29

Sunleader wrote:
Except that makes no Sense.
A Small Clan is Capable of Defending a Small Piece of Land.

Also.
Anyone is allowed to Exist as long as he can Survive which is in this case Existing in the First Place.

Thing is.
To make Demands of others you need to be Stronger than them.

Small Crab Clans without any Belongings. Just Griefing and Messing up larger Clans. Which they could never actually hope to Defeat in a Fight.
But which they still will frustrate out of the Game simply by annoying them with Offhours Attacks and Griefing.
While they themselves simply dont have anything to lose.

First, people who raid during off-hours is a playstyle. Is it one that I agree with, no. But it is a style.

So basically you are telling someone that they cant play that way in a sandbox because it is inconvenient to you.

Then these small "crab" clans as you said, are on both sides of the coin. There are carebear scrubs that barely have a half dozen people in them, and they can cause more damage to a local economy than any RPKer group of the same size.

And small guilds can influence larger guilds, I did it for ever 3 years in Mortal Online... I was often the ONLY active member online for the Aegis Imperium, and yet, I had JUNO, EDEN, RPK, and Einjar (spelling). All working with or for me.

How? Because most of the leadership in every one of those clans were from AI at one point or another. The saying is, once Aegis Imperium ALWAYS Aegis Imperium. There is a reason why we had a modified Illuminati icon for our heraldry. For nearly 10 years AI was the most powerful guild in Mortal Online, either directly or indirectly. We founded some of the most powerful guilds IN that game, and even shaped the history and development of that game. Yet we were almost always the smallest active guild.

Hell one of our members did programming FOR Star Vault others were GMs. We had more control in that game then any 3 guilds combined. And again we were one of the smallest active guilds, rarely having more than 10 online, except during the peak of the game. Where we had maybe 20.

Anyway I digress...

I am willing to try the Judgement Hour setup, I just wished they would have put it in the same time they removed the ability to get over walls outside of it.

Killa162

Post by Killa162 » 06 Dec 2017, 19:16

Sunleader wrote:Sorry but the Answer to that is really Simple.

When I say offhours, even though I'm pretty sure I didn't directly say "offhours. I mean during on JH time, so any time during the week that isn't JH, could even be peak where there's 3000+ people on. So your claim could have half or full force or 1/4 of your members online, it doesn't matter. Point being is that If another guild or kingdom doesn't want you where you currently settle. They have 100% the right to non-stop raid you on off hours that isn't JH.

If you want to remove bark boxes because its cheesy and a exploit. Then I want to remove people like you or similar to you that want the only meaningful time to dictate a show of force during JH. Which we don't know those times, people can be busy for multiple reasons for a JH. Hell your argument of people not being online could happen to you if the JH times don't mesh well with the people in your guild and then what? You complain and whine about the times of JH?

Whats the whole point of the sandbox game if the players can't make the content and politics involved if we're dictated to JUST the JH to stomp out our enemies of our land, and "non-official" land that doesn't have claim on it but kingdoms like to take "control" of. Your idea of it JH being the only time to show a guilds true power is hilarious since people currently play this game all day. If you were to say to me offhours being 1am-9am NA time, then sure, raiding to "show force" is ridiculous and I'd have to agree. But I'm talking about mid-day or afternoon primetime when people ARE online to defend but they get steamrolled. Multiple guilds have moved from where they original settled because guilds like mine or others force out their opponents to "claim" land that we deem ours to protect. It's how Empires are forged and die.

Them taking out bark boxes and bed roll stacking without putting forth a system to take its place IMMEDIATELY as this old system of scaling walls is removed. IS extremely damaging to how the game is played and gives a free pass to RP or weaker guilds that can't defend otherwise, but now can by their first priority to get walls up as they first settle a claim in your land space. And now the only way to make them vassals is to wait for a JH that would be one sided anyways? Get the f*** outta here. Literally have no clue what sandbox means.

You're taking sand out of the box without replacing it. Which leads to less sand to play with in the box, ultimately overtime the box will be dry and the kids will leave and play with the next thing in the park. The kids being all of us players moving onto the game game since stuff is getting taken out with nothing to replace, and even if it is "scheduled" to be in the game, we have no time frame on when, or if it's even close to being finished.

Zenjamin
True Believer

Post by Zenjamin » 06 Dec 2017, 19:32

Firstly - I'm trying to understand those smaller guilds that are having issues. I sympathize.

However - hasn't this been an issue since YO? At least in YO we could blow shit up with some ability?

I appreciate people have different play styles and some people will raid you while your group is entirely AFK. Sorry. But that happens in a myriad of games, and you have to develop strategies to deal with it.

This change, I believe, hurts only the smaller guilds and smaller groups that have no walls yet and newer players. Now that big guilds have no ability to initiate raids against other large guilds (which have been pretty amazing thus far), there are only two alternatives for the hardcore PvP players.

1. Wait for judgement hour.
2. Start wailing on only noobs and smaller groups of players who have no way of hiding behind walls.

I firmly believe this will severely punish smaller groups of players much more harshly than any large guild. No large guild, AFAIK, has problems with the bark box raiding mechanic. It's irritating but it's defendable and means most guilds are largely focused on other large guilds. Large guilds who want to maintain those active PvP players will now have no choice but to do those raids on much smaller groups of players who have no protection, or worse, fresh spawns.

I appreciate the intention - but I believe this change alone is a disaster of griefing waiting to happen.

Return to General Discussion