Bark Box change: You are killing PVP 2 weeks into OBT

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Killa162

Re: Bark Box change: You are killing PVP 2 weeks into OBT

Post by Killa162 » 06 Dec 2017, 19:57

Zenjamin wrote:2. Start wailing on only noobs and smaller groups of players who have no way of hiding behind walls.

I firmly believe this will severely punish smaller groups of players much more harshly than any large guild. No large guild, AFAIK, has problems with the bark box raiding mechanic.

I appreciate the intention - but I believe this change alone is a disaster of griefing waiting to happen.

100% agree.

If you put the meat or "sheep" behind a locked refrigerator, a wolf or "pvp player" will go and find other more vulnerable food. That being solo players, and small guilds as Zenjamin has said.

If a PvP focused player wants PvP, they'll satisfy their needs by finding another way to get it. Once steam comes next month(since it got delayed from December) it'll be a shit show for lonewolfs and small group of friends that join the game for the very first time. They'll get hunted by me and other players like me or guilds that are bored and do PvP roams. Anything without a wall or running around not in a unit will die.

I played Darkfall: Rise of Agon, the re-release of DF. It died as quickly as it started since new players that didn't join huge guilds and ran solo that were first time DF players (like myself) just got hunted by people who trained them how to fight, or just by wolf vets. The game now is practically dead for population and is somehow still afloat.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 06 Dec 2017, 20:15

Hodo wrote:
Sunleader wrote:
Except that makes no Sense.
A Small Clan is Capable of Defending a Small Piece of Land.

Also.
Anyone is allowed to Exist as long as he can Survive which is in this case Existing in the First Place.

Thing is.
To make Demands of others you need to be Stronger than them.

Small Crab Clans without any Belongings. Just Griefing and Messing up larger Clans. Which they could never actually hope to Defeat in a Fight.
But which they still will frustrate out of the Game simply by annoying them with Offhours Attacks and Griefing.
While they themselves simply dont have anything to lose.

First, people who raid during off-hours is a playstyle. Is it one that I agree with, no. But it is a style.

So basically you are telling someone that they cant play that way in a sandbox because it is inconvenient to you.

Then these small "crab" clans as you said, are on both sides of the coin. There are carebear scrubs that barely have a half dozen people in them, and they can cause more damage to a local economy than any RPKer group of the same size.

And small guilds can influence larger guilds, I did it for ever 3 years in Mortal Online... I was often the ONLY active member online for the Aegis Imperium, and yet, I had JUNO, EDEN, RPK, and Einjar (spelling). All working with or for me.

How? Because most of the leadership in every one of those clans were from AI at one point or another. The saying is, once Aegis Imperium ALWAYS Aegis Imperium. There is a reason why we had a modified Illuminati icon for our heraldry. For nearly 10 years AI was the most powerful guild in Mortal Online, either directly or indirectly. We founded some of the most powerful guilds IN that game, and even shaped the history and development of that game. Yet we were almost always the smallest active guild.

Hell one of our members did programming FOR Star Vault others were GMs. We had more control in that game then any 3 guilds combined. And again we were one of the smallest active guilds, rarely having more than 10 online, except during the peak of the game. Where we had maybe 20.

Anyway I digress...

I am willing to try the Judgement Hour setup, I just wished they would have put it in the same time they removed the ability to get over walls outside of it.

Its a Playstyle that Frustrates 1000 Players to make 50 Players Happy.
If that Kind of Playstyle is Allowed the Game will end up like all the other Open World Sandbox Games which now sit on 5 Players Population thanks to allowing this kind of rubbish.

No Offense Mate.
But lets be Realistic Here.

Games are about having Fun. And Sorry to break it to you.
But if to have Fun you need to Ruin the Fun for 5 other Players.
Then Selling a Game to you is just not a good Business Model.
Because the 5 other Guys will leave at some Point. And after that you will leave as well because you no longer got anyone to Frustrate for your Fun.

Check out just where all the Open World Sandbox PvP Games ended Up due to allowing this kind of Rubbish :)
Why do you think that after some time all Game Devs Surrender and either Close their Servers or Start Restricting PvP ???

See Mate.
These Players are in Essence the Unwashed Stinking Guy that comes to a Party and starts pestering the other Guests till they all leave in Disgust.
And then as there is nobody left to Pester they leave as well.

Thats why All the Parties after a while stop Inviting them.

If Life is Feudal has decided not to wait till they Crashed the Party before throwing them out. Then thats the Best Choice they ever Made.

And Well Mate.
Its nice that you worked so Hard.
Now Check out where Mortal Online is now.
Because thats where these Games then End up.

Thats the Server Population you get when you refuse to Restrict PvP Properly.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 06 Dec 2017, 20:20

Killa162 wrote:
Sunleader wrote:Sorry but the Answer to that is really Simple.

If you dont have the Power to Siege an Enemy during JH.
Then you have no Right to Demand him giving you Land or him becoming your Vassal.

In the First Place if he is Stronger than you and thus Capable of Defeating you during JH.
Then it would not work anyways. Because why would he even bother coming in the Offhours ??
He can just come whenever he Pleases.

When I say offhours, even though I'm pretty sure I didn't directly say "offhours. I mean during on JH time, so any time during the week that isn't JH, could even be peak where there's 3000+ people on. So your claim could have half or full force or 1/4 of your members online, it doesn't matter. Point being is that If another guild or kingdom doesn't want you where you currently settle. They have 100% the right to non-stop raid you on off hours that isn't JH.

If you want to remove bark boxes because its cheesy and a exploit. Then I want to remove people like you or similar to you that want the only meaningful time to dictate a show of force during JH. Which we don't know those times, people can be busy for multiple reasons for a JH. Hell your argument of people not being online could happen to you if the JH times don't mesh well with the people in your guild and then what? You complain and whine about the times of JH?

Whats the whole point of the sandbox game if the players can't make the content and politics involved if we're dictated to JUST the JH to stomp out our enemies of our land, and "non-official" land that doesn't have claim on it but kingdoms like to take "control" of. Your idea of it JH being the only time to show a guilds true power is hilarious since people currently play this game all day. If you were to say to me offhours being 1am-9am NA time, then sure, raiding to "show force" is ridiculous and I'd have to agree. But I'm talking about mid-day or afternoon primetime when people ARE online to defend but they get steamrolled. Multiple guilds have moved from where they original settled because guilds like mine or others force out their opponents to "claim" land that we deem ours to protect. It's how Empires are forged and die.

Them taking out bark boxes and bed roll stacking without putting forth a system to take its place IMMEDIATELY as this old system of scaling walls is removed. IS extremely damaging to how the game is played and gives a free pass to RP or weaker guilds that can't defend otherwise, but now can by their first priority to get walls up as they first settle a claim in your land space. And now the only way to make them vassals is to wait for a JH that would be one sided anyways? Get the f*** outta here. Literally have no clue what sandbox means.

You're taking sand out of the box without replacing it. Which leads to less sand to play with in the box, ultimately overtime the box will be dry and the kids will leave and play with the next thing in the park. The kids being all of us players moving onto the game game since stuff is getting taken out with nothing to replace, and even if it is "scheduled" to be in the game, we have no time frame on when, or if it's even close to being finished.

Your the one who has no Clue.

People Play Games to have Fun.
If you cant have Fun unless you can Ruin the Fun for several other Players. Then your the one who needs to be thrown out.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 06 Dec 2017, 20:24

Killa162 wrote:
Zenjamin wrote:2. Start wailing on only noobs and smaller groups of players who have no way of hiding behind walls.

I firmly believe this will severely punish smaller groups of players much more harshly than any large guild. No large guild, AFAIK, has problems with the bark box raiding mechanic.

I appreciate the intention - but I believe this change alone is a disaster of griefing waiting to happen.

100% agree.

If you put the meat or "sheep" behind a locked refrigerator, a wolf or "pvp player" will go and find other more vulnerable food. That being solo players, and small guilds as Zenjamin has said.

If a PvP focused player wants PvP, they'll satisfy their needs by finding another way to get it. Once steam comes next month(since it got delayed from December) it'll be a shit show for lonewolfs and small group of friends that join the game for the very first time. They'll get hunted by me and other players like me or guilds that are bored and do PvP roams. Anything without a wall or running around not in a unit will die.

I played Darkfall: Rise of Agon, the re-release of DF. It died as quickly as it started since new players that didn't join huge guilds and ran solo that were first time DF players (like myself) just got hunted by people who trained them how to fight, or just by wolf vets. The game now is practically dead for population and is somehow still afloat.

BS.
No Offence.
But try walking through the World right now.

If the RPKs and Griefers See you they Kill you.
The Change has nothing to do with that.
They always did it. They will always do it.

You could literally Play Aztecs and Sacrifice 1000 Sheep to them each Week,
And they will still Kill any Solo Player they can get and they will still Raid any smaller Group they can lol

Needless to say.
This will actually give Smaller Groups a Way to Defend themselves as well. By Building a Smaller Wall.
Which now cant just be Crossed in 5 minutes by putting 3 Bark Boxes onto it...

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 06 Dec 2017, 20:42

Sunleader wrote:BS.
No Offence.

And they will still Kill any Solo Player they can get and they will still Raid any smaller Group they can lol

Needless to say.
This will actually give Smaller Groups a Way to Defend themselves as well. By Building a Smaller Wall.

LOL what do you know, you are asking how to level up slinger in the newbie section.

And it takes 5 bark boxes to get over a wall.

I have run into dozens of players on a dozen tiles, and I havent been attacked randomly by any of them. Often they run, but the few who dont, actually talk to me. They give me an idea of who is in charge there and what are the rules or "laws".

But if you are a criminal you will most likely be killed before they even talk to you.

The other two were right. They just made the unprotected masses an easier more likely target.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 06 Dec 2017, 20:51

Hodo wrote:
Sunleader wrote:BS.
No Offence.

Needless to say.

LOL what do you know, you are asking how to level up slinger in the newbie section.

And it takes 5 bark boxes to get over a wall.

I have run into dozens of players on a dozen tiles, and I havent been attacked randomly by any of them. Often they run, but the few who dont, actually talk to me. They give me an idea of who is in charge there and what are the rules or "laws".

But if you are a criminal you will most likely be killed before they even talk to you.

The other two were right. They just made the unprotected masses an easier more likely target.

Take a guess why I ask how to lvl Combat Skills Mate.
Sorry to tell ya.
But if the guys you met didnt kill you. Then they simply werent Wolves.

They were Shepherd Dogs or other Sheep.
So in short they were People that wont just raid other Settlements in the Offhours in the First Place. And thus will never even notice this change.

GaspodeWD
True Believer

Post by GaspodeWD » 07 Dec 2017, 00:59

Arrakis wrote:Hey guys. How about we first fix most severe issues and bugs and make the game pleasantly playable before we start implementing new features in the game? We have heard your calls and we have implemented the solution that we could at this moment in between working on important fixes. Proper solution may be implemented once servers are fully optimized, most severe issues fixed and players can properly enjoy the game. This is the highest priority right now.

One guild has a cry about a sleeping bag bridge and you completely remove PvP?

I agree server optimization should have been at the forefront of the work, but stripping out PvP abilities without "realistic" replacements is just taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

That said the recent patch had plenty of other pointless additions which no one asked for or care about...

Zenjamin
True Believer

Post by Zenjamin » 07 Dec 2017, 03:56

Sunleader wrote:
Killa162 wrote:

100% agree.

BS.
No Offence.

Needless to say.

I appreciate what you're saying - and I sympathize with your problem and situation.

But the reality for a lot of guilds is that, previously, they were majority of the time killing other guilds only on raids. If you thought that RPK was bad before? It's only going to get worse.

The problem now is that you might be able to defend yourselves with a small wall - but it's killing the game for many large guilds.

I don't think anyone thinks that the bark boxes were GOOD - it was a dumb mechanic. However, taking away any reason to raid during even JH is a big step too far IMO. There needs to be some risk during JH or else everyone logs out, just like they did in YO. That's the main problem I think most people in my guild have.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 07 Dec 2017, 06:56

Zenjamin wrote:

I appreciate what you're saying - and I sympathize with your problem and situation.

But the reality for a lot of guilds is that, previously, they were majority of the time killing other guilds only on raids. If you thought that RPK was bad before? It's only going to get worse.

The problem now is that you might be able to defend yourselves with a small wall - but it's killing the game for many large guilds.

I don't think anyone thinks that the bark boxes were GOOD - it was a dumb mechanic. However, taking away any reason to raid during even JH is a big step too far IMO. There needs to be some risk during JH or else everyone logs out, just like they did in YO. That's the main problem I think most people in my guild have.

No Offense.
But I doubt that non RPK Clans now turn RPK just because they cant Scale Walls with Bark Boxes in the Offhours.

Gruber

Post by Gruber » 07 Dec 2017, 08:08

Peegee77 wrote:Medieval sieges lasted for weeks, months or years, and usually ended as a result of negotiation, starvation or treachery rather than direct assault.

This is only true for castles or citys with strong enouph walls. As most medeival wars were never fair fights but one side outnumbers the other heavily with atleast 10:1, resulting in massacres instead of battles. There is enough evidence about small citys getting run over, with their small fortification compareable to LiF stone walls.

Sieges that lasted for months were usually against strong fortification with high, not climp able, walls, like LiF castle walls.

bowlin12
Alpha Tester

Post by bowlin12 » 07 Dec 2017, 09:42

Bobik already explained how he will lower siege totem costs so even if people never log into judgement hours you can always force them to fight with these battles which will then end in raiding n pillaging. So until we know the real price of the totems we cannot say the world is ending just yet.

All this patch does is allow for everyone, even newbies can build dirt walls on their claim, to have a place where they can exist without being marauded at every moment. Yet this doesn't mean that small guilds can come into "your land" and make a home for themselves if you don't want them to. All you need to do is roam around where they have set up a claim and kill anyone that steps outside for hours until they see that they cannot exist freely here. What you guys seem to be crying about is how easy it was to force people off their land and now you have to put a little more effort into ruining peoples hard work.

I really appreciated what bobik had to say about the wolves and sheep because I've been playing "hardcore" mmorpgs for 15~ years now and it always does end the same, the carebears end up leaving and there is only a handful of bitter veterans that only exist to destroy or press their ego on another. What I've realized early on is that carebears are what make up 75%, give or take, of most populations and are a necessity to keep games running. And if we just kill every single person for that 1 second of enjoyment we end up with no enjoyment much faster than if we dolled out the kills more sparingly.

Also about steam release and lone wolf players. Lone wolf players isn't a playstyle in LiF maybe if you are isolated on one of the smallest islands but other than that this game is not meant for it. So when pvpers go and destroy solo players, because of this change supposedly, and the solo player quits rather than finds a large group to band together with then it would have been just a matter of time before that player quit anyways because some people just cannot work with others. What I forsee happening is solo, small, medium groups of players will just be absorbed even after failure at their start, and if not then the game wasn't for them because everyone loses at some point.

:edit: To add I wanted to say that during the early development of LiF their vision seemed to be trying to simulate medieval life from peasantry to people running countries. They really wanted to push large epic battles where both sides clash and the victor took the spoils and I still see that vision coming to light and even more so with this patch. They didn't want guilds to be ran off their land by constant bark box raids but from long drawn out sieges so when you finally uprooted your enemy there was an actual work that had to be put in more so than just being good at killing players over and over again. So that once you finally won there would be a large sense of accomplishment and each side would have time and, for the mostpart, equal chance to win.

Sry for jumbled rant

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 07 Dec 2017, 16:08

Well said Bowlin.

But it is a kind of a kick in the nuts when the one tool we had to raid has been stripped with no replacement put in its place.

Outside of camping outside of someones walls in hopes that they decide to come out to do something is a bit boring, and not at all fun for anyone involved.

Especially when those walls are less than 7ft tall and could be scaled by a pair of children in flip-flops.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 07 Dec 2017, 19:20

Hodo wrote:Well said Bowlin.

But it is a kind of a kick in the nuts when the one tool we had to raid has been stripped with no replacement put in its place.

Outside of camping outside of someones walls in hopes that they decide to come out to do something is a bit boring, and not at all fun for anyone involved.

Especially when those walls are less than 7ft tall and could be scaled by a pair of children in flip-flops.

In Reality People would not Log Out either.
Meaning there would be someone at these Walls 24 hours a Day.

Seriously.
What do you even want there.

Is it so importand to you guys to Kill Unarmed Crafters during the Offhours when the actual Fighters aint even Online ????

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 07 Dec 2017, 20:29

Sunleader wrote:In Reality People would not Log Out either.

Seriously.

Is it so importand to you guys to Kill Unarmed Crafters during the Offhours when the actual Fighters aint even Online ????

In reality it did happen....

Lindisfarne raid by the Norse Vikings, 793AD.
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/learn/story-of-england/dark-ages/viking-raid/

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 07 Dec 2017, 21:13

Hodo wrote:
Sunleader wrote:In Reality People would not Log Out either.

Seriously.

In reality it did happen....

Lindisfarne raid by the Norse Vikings, 793AD.
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/learn/story-of-england/dark-ages/viking-raid/

Mate.
That was an Monastery Village.
And the reason why it was left Undefended was not because People Logged out during the Night. lol

There have been no Defenders there in the First Place.
Churches etc were considered Sacred and thus Armies would not Touch them.
Making Defences Unnecessary.

Also Mate.
I ask you again.

Is it so damn Importand to you. That you can Kill Unarmed People in the Offhours where other Fighters are Offline ?

Is there some Inner Urge in you which makes you Unhappy with the Game unless you can cause other Players Frustration so they Leave the Game ?

Unarmed Crafters behind Walls that are Raided outside the JH and thus aint Prepared for Combat.
Dont pose a Combat Challenge. Much less an worthy Opponent for an Organized PvP Squad.

So you cant tell me your looking for PvP.

Lets Face the Fact here Guys.
This Change is not hindering PvP at all.
This Change hinders only one thing. And that is the ability to RPK and Grief Players which cant Fight back cause they have Tools Equipped and whose most Combat Players aint Online to Fight back.

I am repeating myself.
Grow some Balls and Attack Settlements during JH like Real Men do.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 07 Dec 2017, 21:21

Sunleader wrote:Mate.
And the reason why it was left Undefended was not because People Logged out during the Night. lol

First, it was a monastery village, it had low walls and could be defended, but wasnt. Like 90% of the people who hide behind their walls now.

Sunleader wrote:Is it so damn Importand to you. That you can Kill Unarmed People in the Offhours where other Fighters are Offline ?

Their fighters are rarely offline, just training or doing other tasks. Dont get that twisted. My only character does archery, and footman, also forestry, hunting, and carpentry.

Sunleader wrote:Unarmed Crafters behind Walls that are Raided outside the JH and thus aint Prepared for Combat.
Dont pose a Combat Challenge. Much less an worthy Opponent for an Organized PvP Squad.

Who said I always want a fair fight. Sometimes when I go raiding their is a reason for it. It is attacking my enemies infrastructure. If they cant make weapons and armor, they cant fight, if they cant fight me, they will lose. When they lose, they move on or cease to exist. Either way it is a win for my war.

Sunleader wrote:I am repeating myself.

That is the problem, there is NO judgment hour currently. If they had put it in at the same time they removed the bark box and sleeping bag ladders then I would be fine. But now you cant do anything. But you dont know that because you still cant figure out how to use a bow.

Oh and please refrain from insults, unless you are really getting that bent out of shape over it.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 07 Dec 2017, 21:27

Hodo wrote:
Sunleader wrote:Mate.

First, it was a monastery village, it had low walls and could be defended, but wasnt. Like 90% of the people who hide behind their walls now.

Sunleader wrote:Is it so damn Importand to you. That you can Kill Unarmed People in the Offhours where other Fighters are Offline ?

Their fighters are rarely offline, just training or doing other tasks. Dont get that twisted. My only character does archery, and footman, also forestry, hunting, and carpentry.

Sunleader wrote:Unarmed Crafters behind Walls that are Raided outside the JH and thus aint Prepared for Combat.

Who said I always want a fair fight. Sometimes when I go raiding their is a reason for it. It is attacking my enemies infrastructure. If they cant make weapons and armor, they cant fight, if they cant fight me, they will lose. When they lose, they move on or cease to exist. Either way it is a win for my war.

Sunleader wrote:I am repeating myself.

That is the problem, there is NO judgment hour currently. If they had put it in at the same time they removed the bark box and sleeping bag ladders then I would be fine. But now you cant do anything. But you dont know that because you still cant figure out how to use a bow.

Mate.
Thing is. The Reason it was Undefended was not because People trusted their Walls.
It was because No Army in that World Attacked the Churches Owned Properties.

They did not have Warriors to begin with.

In Essence. This Village is like an Village on a PvE Server. Where PvP cannot happen. And where some Clan found an Exploit to Enable PvP. :)

In the Game Settlements actually got Warriors to Defend them.
Its just that this is not Reality.
Its a Game.
So People Log out after a while.
They dont Spend 24 hours in the Game.

And Well Mate.
Thanks for at least Admitting that your a Griefer and RPK who just wants to Bash other Players out of the Game.

Just gives me all the more reason to be Extremely Happy about this Change and hope that this is the Direction that we are going in the Future as well :)

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 07 Dec 2017, 21:34

Sunleader wrote:
Mate.
Thing is. The Reason it was Undefended was not because People trusted their Walls.
It was because No Army in that World Attacked the Churches Owned Properties.

They did not have Warriors to begin with.

In Essence. This Village is like an Village on a PvE Server. Where PvP cannot happen. And where some Clan found an Exploit to Enable PvP. :)

In the Game Settlements actually got Warriors to Defend them.
Its just that this is not Reality.
Its a Game.
So People Log out after a while.
They dont Spend 24 hours in the Game.

And Well Mate.
Thanks for at least Admitting that your a Griefer and RPK who just wants to Bash other Players out of the Game.

Just gives me all the more reason to be Extremely Happy about this Change and hope that this is the Direction that we are going in the Future as well :)

Well I guess the hundred other attacks the "vikings" did on England during the 8th through 9th centuries were all raids against even foes... LOL nope. Even in 1066 right before the battle of Hastings, the vikings were still raiding the east coast of England. Hitting villages and hamlets that had no warriors in them.

Fact is not many places in 8th through 11th century England had a standing military. Even the vikings themselves didnt have a standing army. They were farmers, miners, fishers, and carpenters who went a viking. It was a thing you did, not WHO you were.

And if wanting to win a war against an enemy who my guild has a declared war against, makes me a RPK which stands for Random Player Killer, then you dont know what a RPK really is.

I do enjoy PVP, I do not randomly gank people, I have reasons for every act of violence I do in game.

But you are just being petty, and obviously should return to your safe space.

bowlin12
Alpha Tester

Post by bowlin12 » 07 Dec 2017, 21:35

The problem here is that yes they are trying to simulate medieval life but when it comes to a video game they have to choose which part is more important to them.

Yes you can scale walls, ladders existed and people raided towns but on the other side of the coin like Sun said there was always town watchman and a garrison inside the city to fight back against the raiders. LiF is trying to simulate the idea of having a garrison by placing the only times to raid under 1-2 hours of prime NA time so that there should, hopefully, be the most amount of people from that guild online at one time which would roughly simulate their garrison.

That is what LiF devs decided was more important that they had a garrison simulated rather than freedom to scale walls at any time. And obviously they tied this together to keep more carebear players to stay.

Risky

Post by Risky » 07 Dec 2017, 21:38

Haha just move the sleeping bags somewhere else so you break the bridge, he said. That’ll fix it!

Just settle on a hill, he said. That’ll fix it!

Just join a big kingdom, he said. That’ll fix it!

Just get guards on the walls switching their shift every 2hours. That’ll fix it!

Just build a modern fort. That’ll fix it.

5 Easy fixes with nothing stopping you from doing them.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 07 Dec 2017, 21:54

Risky wrote:Haha just move the sleeping bags somewhere else so you break the bridge, he said. That’ll fix it!

Just settle on a hill, he said. That’ll fix it!

Just join a big kingdom, he said. That’ll fix it!

Just get guards on the walls switching their shift every 2hours. That’ll fix it!

Just build a modern fort. That’ll fix it.

5 Easy fixes with nothing stopping you from doing them.

Removing the Exploit Tools after they have been used is not really useful to anyone.

Settling on a Hill wont Prevent these Exploits.

A Big Kingdom has more People but also larger Territory it needs to Control. So it wont prevent people scaling the Walls with Exploits.

And Taking Shifts aside from this being more effort than a Game is worth. Is meaningless in the Game. Because in Reality the Guards on the Walls taking Shifts were not there to actually Defend the Town. Their Job was to Stand Guard and Raise the Alarms so the Garrisson would Fight the Attackers.
But if the Garrisson is Online the Guard on the Wall becomes meaningless.
Even if you take Shifts and thus always got 1 guy on the Wall.
What is this one Guy going to do against the Organized Raid Group of 5-10 People ?
In Reality he would Raise Alarms and the 50 Men of the Garrisson would come out Crushing the Bandits.
But in the Game its meaningless for him to be there as even if he detects the Attackers there is no Garrisson Online to wake up and Defend.

A Modern Fort does not prevent this Exploit either.

So Sorry.
None of that Fixes anything.
Needless to say that all of that is in Essence not even acceptable in a Game anymore.

How about we also Force Everyone to stay in the Game 24 hours a Day making Hunger run on when your Offline.
So you have to Log in every Hour to Eat :)

Sorry but this aint really an Argument.
This is a Game. Demanding it to be Realistic on the part that Suits you and Ingoring Realism where its not Suiting you is no Deal :P

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 07 Dec 2017, 22:15

Sunleader wrote:

Removing the Exploit Tools after they have been used is not really useful to anyone.

Settling on a Hill wont Prevent these Exploits.

A Big Kingdom has more People but also larger Territory it needs to Control. So it wont prevent people scaling the Walls with Exploits.

And Taking Shifts aside from this being more effort than a Game is worth. Is meaningless in the Game. Because in Reality the Guards on the Walls taking Shifts were not there to actually Defend the Town. Their Job was to Stand Guard and Raise the Alarms so the Garrisson would Fight the Attackers.
But if the Garrisson is Online the Guard on the Wall becomes meaningless.
Even if you take Shifts and thus always got 1 guy on the Wall.
What is this one Guy going to do against the Organized Raid Group of 5-10 People ?
In Reality he would Raise Alarms and the 50 Men of the Garrisson would come out Crushing the Bandits.
But in the Game its meaningless for him to be there as even if he detects the Attackers there is no Garrisson Online to wake up and Defend.

A Modern Fort does not prevent this Exploit either.

So Sorry.
None of that Fixes anything.
Needless to say that all of that is in Essence not even acceptable in a Game anymore.

How about we also Force Everyone to stay in the Game 24 hours a Day making Hunger run on when your Offline.
So you have to Log in every Hour to Eat :)

Sorry but this aint really an Argument.
This is a Game. Demanding it to be Realistic on the part that Suits you and Ingoring Realism where its not Suiting you is no Deal :P

Funny the guild I am in have settled on a hill... built up the ground the walls sit on and the center of the keep itself so it is even higher and on a steeper slope. Then we built a moat, or a trench around the inner wall, and placed a secondary wall built ALSO on raised ground on that.

We have 1 ramp with a pair of gates and guards posted at those gates.....

Do you know how often we have had ANYONE get into our town that we did not let into our town?
ZERO, NONE, ZIP.

So yeah all of those things work. IF you cant do that then perhaps YOU should not play with yourself and find a group strong enough that can.

Our current enemy, has done the same thing, and it is damned hard to get into their base, we havent successfully done it since they finished their trench. But we have had some pretty epic fights.

So again... learn how to play the game before you make suggestions. Go back to your PVE YO server and hug a tree.

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 07 Dec 2017, 22:19

Hodo just give it up , a game based off of griefing is not a pvp game , it’s an annoying game with poor balance . I was annoyed that the devs didn’t allow raiders a more immersive and more balanced tool like siege ladders before they removed the bark box ladders , but my want to see a more balanced game overall trumps that feeling . Just go outside and roam if you want to fight a warrior , If you have some vendetta with a group that doesn’t want to fight you , oh well , you have already done all you can to try and get a fight going - stop hanging around them and go wardec someone else . HonEstly it’s a NON-ISSUE sparked by a vocal minority who don’t do anything besides bother their neighbors with impromptu raids.

Devs please add siege ladders and siege towers so people like Hodo can stop complaining about the due and proper process of balances and sacrifices made for the overall health of the game (both present and future) otherwise people will get complacent and raiding will be forgotten about .

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 07 Dec 2017, 22:56

Blackberrygoo wrote:Devs please add siege ladders and siege towers so people like Hodo can stop complaining about the due and proper process of balances and sacrifices made for the overall health of the game (both present and future) otherwise people will get complacent and raiding will be forgotten about .

I think everybody's aware that we're planning to add siege ladders. We just have much more important things to work on right now. Siege ladders will see the light of day someday. Just not now when we are working on fixing the gamebreaking issues and server stability.

Moose2949

Post by Moose2949 » 07 Dec 2017, 23:03

Arrakis wrote:
Blackberrygoo wrote:Devs please add siege ladders and siege towers so people like Hodo can stop complaining about the due and proper process of balances and sacrifices made for the overall health of the game (both present and future) otherwise people will get complacent and raiding will be forgotten about .

I think everybody's aware that we're planning to add siege ladders. We just have much more important things to work on right now. Siege ladders will see the light of day someday. Just not now when we are working on fixing the gamebreaking issues and server stability.

Then why did you take out bark boxing or table stacking outside of JH without having siege ladders? The anti griefing mechanic is in place with the alignment system, all you have done now is kill regular day to day pvp. Also you announce plans to do daily JH where small guilds just get to watch larger groups chop down their trees and mess with their crops. No one wants to worry about their realm claim getting assaulted every day or even every week. Its laughable to think these changes will result in less griefing.

Dobrt
Banned

Post by Dobrt » 08 Dec 2017, 00:47

Debate, argue, complain all you want.......the "game" and dev's will not please everyone but in it's present format will continue to lose far more casual and PvE players due to the fanboys, griefers, typical MMO mentality, and present mechanics to the point regular maintenance, upgrades, and new content will become financially restrictive and/or unfeasible.

Again, as we are in an OBT and there are many bugs, exploits, balance issues, stability issues, etc. which detract from the game, the only way I can see a way to regain lost faith is to announce a wipe at the end of OBT and rebalance to make PvP and large guilds far more difficult when the game is ready for release.

The main thing is dev's and fanboys need to realize the present "have to join a group" is not working. This attitude has and will prevent growth beyond the present fanboys and the few hardcore followers. As of now this game is not a MMO sandbox game, but just another typical MMO PvP mess that will slowly die off because it is predictable in gameplay and attitude by its players.

IMO the most difficult aspects of a MMO game should be PvP and large guild play. At present everything is predictable and boring.

Cue the fanboys........

bowlin12
Alpha Tester

Post by bowlin12 » 08 Dec 2017, 02:40

These types of games will never have a large population like most casual mmorpgs, yet if we can still keep around 1-2 k players in the game then it is a complete success. Even low 1k or 900 players will still be good for the size of the map and there will be wars to come from that. I agree that having to join a group to survive is not optimal for all player to enjoy the game yet in all sandbox mmorpgs you are almost forced to join a large group anyways.

And a side note i don't understand why people are complaining about being driven from their lands because there is ample land down south all you gotta do is grab a ton of saplings and play the waiting game if the north is too intense for your small group. I ride around in the desert and see small bands of players living on the outskirts and even if they are not flourishing they are able to make progress. People just want access to everything and dont want to fight for it.

Crenkel1010

Post by Crenkel1010 » 08 Dec 2017, 06:59

Will you be able to destroy claims during Judgment hour? Access enemy
assets during Judgement hour?

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 08 Dec 2017, 07:51

Crenkel1010 wrote:Will you be able to destroy claims during Judgment hour? Access enemy
assets during Judgement hour?

From what the Devs Said.

During JH you can use the Bark Box Exploit and Lift/Carry stuff even on Enemy Claims.

Buildings can also be Looted and Destroyed during JH even if they are on a Claim.

Destroying Guild Claims will be a bit Harder and will require several Attacks depending on which level the Guild Claim has.

All Infos are without Guarantee of course :P
Its just what was said so far ^^

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 08 Dec 2017, 08:10

bowlin12 wrote:These types of games will never have a large population like most casual mmorpgs, yet if we can still keep around 1-2 k players in the game then it is a complete success. Even low 1k or 900 players will still be good for the size of the map and there will be wars to come from that. I agree that having to join a group to survive is not optimal for all player to enjoy the game yet in all sandbox mmorpgs you are almost forced to join a large group anyways.

And a side note i don't understand why people are complaining about being driven from their lands because there is ample land down south all you gotta do is grab a ton of saplings and play the waiting game if the north is too intense for your small group. I ride around in the desert and see small bands of players living on the outskirts and even if they are not flourishing they are able to make progress. People just want access to everything and dont want to fight for it.

Problem is.
The way this Game is set up.
It needs a Tremendous Playerbase.

1k Players might work if you got NPC Cities providing Basic stuff.
But in a Game that is 100% Player Driven. You need 2-5k Minimum for the Economy and General Game to work.

PvP Lives from having Enemies to Fight.
RPK Lives from having Civillians to Raid.
PvE Lives from having Content to Play with.

But especially RPK results in PvE Players leaving.
And this Balance is very very easy to tip.

Because for PvE Players to stay in the Game despite RPKs.
They must not be killed more than maybe once every few Days.
And for RPK Players to find the Game fun. They need to kill at least 5-10 People a Day.

Thanks to that you need 20-50 PvE Players just to make 1 RPK Happy without the Population decreasing Rapidly.

Usually thats done by having Safezones. And as Majority of the PvE Players stays in the Safezones most of the time.
The RPKs only get the People which leave it.

Thats good for two reasons.
First it makes Death less Frustrating because they were Prepared for it when leaving the Safezone.
And Second they have a Safe Retreat to Build back up. Which prevents that the same Person is killed several times and leaves the Game in Frustration.

But check the current Situation.
The RPKs are so Starved that they will go and use Exploits to Attack Villages and Kill People there.
We got about 100-200 RPKs among the 1500-1800 Players Online.

This
Will
Never
Work

Currently. You will either lose PvE Players because they constantly end up Massacred.
Or you lose RPK Players because they have nobody to Massacre.

Players are a Selfish Bunch my Friend.
Most of em dont really think where to Settle.
They just come into the Game. With a Group and try to build up a Village.
And then they get Massacred by some Exploit using RPK Group.

And they wont go anywhere else.
They will simply Leave the Game entirely due to Frustration :)

Take a guess how long that system will last.
If they dont ease up the System to be more PvE Player Friendly.
You wont have 1000 Players by the end of next Year.

You will have 300-500 at best :)

Return to General Discussion