Bark Box change: You are killing PVP 2 weeks into OBT

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Hodo
True Believer

Re: Bark Box change: You are killing PVP 2 weeks into OBT

Post by Hodo » 08 Dec 2017, 14:20

Sunleader wrote:PvP Lives from having Enemies to Fight.
RPK Lives from having Civillians to Raid.
PvE Lives from having Content to Play with.

But especially RPK results in PvE Players leaving.
And this Balance is very very easy to tip.

And all three are valid play styles. Yet you want to kill one of them and nerf the other so the third thrives?

Next you will be saying that wolves are OP because they can kill you while running.

Risky

Post by Risky » 08 Dec 2017, 14:52

Hodo wrote:
Sunleader wrote:

Removing the Exploit Tools after they have been used is not really useful to anyone.

Settling on a Hill wont Prevent these Exploits.

A Big Kingdom has more People but also larger Territory it needs to Control. So it wont prevent people scaling the Walls with Exploits.

And Taking Shifts aside from this being more effort than a Game is worth. Is meaningless in the Game. Because in Reality the Guards on the Walls taking Shifts were not there to actually Defend the Town. Their Job was to Stand Guard and Raise the Alarms so the Garrisson would Fight the Attackers.
But if the Garrisson is Online the Guard on the Wall becomes meaningless.
Even if you take Shifts and thus always got 1 guy on the Wall.
What is this one Guy going to do against the Organized Raid Group of 5-10 People ?
In Reality he would Raise Alarms and the 50 Men of the Garrisson would come out Crushing the Bandits.
But in the Game its meaningless for him to be there as even if he detects the Attackers there is no Garrisson Online to wake up and Defend.

A Modern Fort does not prevent this Exploit either.

So Sorry.
None of that Fixes anything.
Needless to say that all of that is in Essence not even acceptable in a Game anymore.

How about we also Force Everyone to stay in the Game 24 hours a Day making Hunger run on when your Offline.
So you have to Log in every Hour to Eat :)

Sorry but this aint really an Argument.
This is a Game. Demanding it to be Realistic on the part that Suits you and Ingoring Realism where its not Suiting you is no Deal :P

Funny the guild I am in have settled on a hill... built up the ground the walls sit on and the center of the keep itself so it is even higher and on a steeper slope. Then we built a moat, or a trench around the inner wall, and placed a secondary wall built ALSO on raised ground on that.

We have 1 ramp with a pair of gates and guards posted at those gates.....

Do you know how often we have had ANYONE get into our town that we did not let into our town?
ZERO, NONE, ZIP.

So yeah all of those things work. IF you cant do that then perhaps YOU should not play with yourself and find a group strong enough that can.

Our current enemy, has done the same thing, and it is damned hard to get into their base, we havent successfully done it since they finished their trench. But we have had some pretty epic fights.

So again... learn how to play the game before you make suggestions. Go back to your PVE YO server and hug a tree.

Ahhhh so if you can do it, everybody else can do it.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 08 Dec 2017, 14:55

Risky wrote:

To be honest, yes.

If we can do it, and several guilds around us can do it, why cant anyone else?

I mean one tile north of us, we have 6 guilds living on that tile, they all have 50+ players and they are all very active. It is rare I wonder around there without running into a patrol from someones group.

Risky

Post by Risky » 08 Dec 2017, 15:16

Hodo wrote:
Risky wrote:

To be honest, yes.

If we can do it, and several guilds around us can do it, why cant anyone else?

I mean one tile north of us, we have 6 guilds living on that tile, they all have 50+ players and they are all very active. It is rare I wonder around there without running into a patrol from someones group.

Do you think there are any potential obstacles stopping guilds from doing what you suggested? Or no challenges or issues whatsoever?

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 08 Dec 2017, 15:30

Risky wrote:
Do you think there are any potential obstacles stopping guilds from doing what you suggested? Or no challenges or issues whatsoever?

The only obstacles is the players themselves. Some players dont want to work as a team, be part of something and know their role. Some just want to be the "hero, ace, master swordsmen, killer supreme" or what ever they have in their head.

I have been working with my guild leader trying to get some organization in our guild, and things have been slowly getting better for everyone.

We have set up an apprentice system for people who are new and are joining the guild. They want to go into smithing, well we have a master smith. We have a channel for smithy orders, the master smith figures what requires his higher skills and what can be done by the apprentice level smiths on their power hours.

We have a dedicated military force, they patrol every day. Report on new homesteads, make contact with them. Either drive them off or recruit them to the main guild or to our vassals. Once a week we go out in a larger force and collect taxes from our vassals and burn down unclaimed houses that we dont know.

We have militia that are part time pvpers, like me, who will patrol around the main keep and our vassals. We look for hostiles and try and keep them safe from sneak attacks.

Yes we do a lot. There is always something happening in the guild I am in. It sometimes gets a bit chaotic, but it works. Sometimes peoples feelings get hurt, including mine. But it is for the greater good of the kingdom.

I learned a philosophy a long time ago.
"There are no obstacles, only challenges."

Risky

Post by Risky » 08 Dec 2017, 15:56

Ok. I’m not gonna sit here and list some of the potential issues that people can have from doing the things you suggested, I just wanted to see if you were able to see the situation from the other point of view. Unfortunately you’re not able to list the potential problems that could prevent guilds and people doing some of the things you’ve suggested. That itself says more than what you’re actually writing.

Many of us can’t see the flaws in our own argument and everybody says that they can see the situation from the other point of view only to then get into an argument with those people.

One thing I’d like to say though is that it would be more fun to see different possibilities, different paths to success and more dynamic world building, rather than everybody do the same thing. Luckily we have that.

What guild are you from and what server? You say there are several guilds that have already done what you suggest. Are there any guilds that haven’t?

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 08 Dec 2017, 16:51

Risky wrote:Ok. I’m not gonna sit here and list some of the potential issues that people can have from doing the things you suggested, I just wanted to see if you were able to see the situation from the other point of view. Unfortunately you’re not able to list the potential problems that could prevent guilds and people doing some of the things you’ve suggested. That itself says more than what you’re actually writing.

Many of us can’t see the flaws in our own argument and everybody says that they can see the situation from the other point of view only to then get into an argument with those people.

One thing I’d like to say though is that it would be more fun to see different possibilities, different paths to success and more dynamic world building, rather than everybody do the same thing. Luckily we have that.

What guild are you from and what server? You say there are several guilds that have already done what you suggest. Are there any guilds that haven’t?

No I dont see the same flaws you do. I do see flaws in it. But it requires players to be more than kids playing DOTA. They need to be responsible adult/mature gamers, that take a task seriously but still have fun doing it.

Yes, there are. I am on the NA server, and between Lions Rock, Citadel, Amoung The Shadows, and Athel Loren, all of them do exactly what I said. Not because I said it, or I told them. They did it out of necessity.

So please point out what I am missing, I am interested in what flaws you see that I dont.

Risky

Post by Risky » 08 Dec 2017, 21:02

Hodo wrote:
Risky wrote:Ok. I’m not gonna sit here and list some of the potential issues that people can have from doing the things you suggested, I just wanted to see if you were able to see the situation from the other point of view. Unfortunately you’re not able to list the potential problems that could prevent guilds and people doing some of the things you’ve suggested. That itself says more than what you’re actually writing.

No I dont see the same flaws you do. I do see flaws in it. But it requires players to be more than kids playing DOTA. They need to be responsible adult/mature gamers, that take a task seriously but still have fun doing it.

Yes, there are. I am on the NA server, and between Lions Rock, Citadel, Amoung The Shadows, and Athel Loren, all of them do exactly what I said. Not because I said it, or I told them. They did it out of necessity.

So please point out what I am missing, I am interested in what flaws you see that I dont.

I'm not interested in an online argument. It was just that I saw some of the things you wrote and instead of pointing out potential issues that could prevent people from doing those things, I just wanted to see if you were aware of any issues that could prevent players and guilds doing what you suggested.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 08 Dec 2017, 22:43

Hodo wrote:
Sunleader wrote:PvP Lives from having Enemies to Fight.
RPK Lives from having Civillians to Raid.
PvE Lives from having Content to Play with.

But especially RPK results in PvE Players leaving.
And this Balance is very very easy to tip.

And all three are valid play styles. Yet you want to kill one of them and nerf the other so the third thrives?

Next you will be saying that wolves are OP because they can kill you while running.

Did you Eat something wrong to get this Diarrhea your posting there ?
Oh wait that was your Frontside....

Mate.
PvE is the Base Playstyle.
Without PvE everything else stops existing.

And RPKs are like 19th Century Fishing Industry.
They dont know the Concept of Ecological Fishing.

If you dont put Restrictions on them they will Fish everything as fast as they possibly can until nothing is left.
And once the Fish are Gone. The Fishers will be gone as well.

So unless you want this Game to end the same as Mortal Online and pretty much any other Open World PvP MMO.
You would do better to Support Restrictions on RPKing.
Because otherwise you wont need any Restrictions anymore. Because there wont be anyone left that can be Protected by these Restrictions.
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Return to General Discussion