[MOD] BasilMod::Ravens

Place for sharing your game modifications for Life is Feudal: Your Own
RetroLogi

Re: [MOD] BasilMod::Ravens

Post by RetroLogi » 26 Aug 2016, 19:12

Custodian wrote:
RetroLogi wrote:P.S. Mod is correctly installed!

No, it is not. You will not get such error, if mod is correctly installed.

Sure, i resolve! thx for all

DopeyZero9

Post by DopeyZero9 » 29 Aug 2016, 15:57

RetroLogi wrote:
Custodian wrote:
RetroLogi wrote:P.S. Mod is correctly installed!

No, it is not. You will not get such error, if mod is correctly installed.

Sure, i resolve! thx for all

How did you go about resolving this issue?

Players on my server are having the same problem I'm guessing,

I have figured out how to use the "Ravens" mod but my players cannot, as it seems the exec fails to launch the script? however when I manually installed this mod onto my client-side I downloaded the file, unzipped into the basilmod folder in my game folder and it is named "Raven".

I then went onto the server and launched exec in the server command and it said "BasilMod Ravens v2 loaded" and then it works.

How do I fix this?

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 29 Aug 2016, 19:18

DopeyZero9 wrote:I then went onto the server and launched exec in the server command and it said "BasilMod Ravens v2 loaded" and then it works.

adding exec line to main.cs, or manual execution of the mod at server console does not depend on your client installation.

DopeyZero9 wrote:How do I fix this?

You dont need to manually install anything on the client for the ravens mod. The only thing you need is BasilMod::Pack (basilmodloader.zip) installed on your LiF client.

Follow installation steps:
1) Make sure you have basilmod::pack installed and running on your server. If not, then:
1.1) Download and install BasilMod::Pack to your server
1.2) Add basilmod::pack exec line to the end of your main.cs file
2) Download and install BasilMod::Ravens to your server. (be aware, that mod contains serveral files and folders, and all of them should be placed to basilmod/ravens/ folder on your server.
3) Add basilmod::ravens exec line to the end of your main.cs file after basilmod::pack exec line.

When you load your LiF:Yo client, make sure that you have basilmod::pack version diplayed at the bottom-right corner. Join the server and server will load all the requirements for you. Goto your ingame control settings, and adjust a keyboard bind.

DopeyZero9

Post by DopeyZero9 » 29 Aug 2016, 20:34

Custodian wrote:When you load your LiF:Yo client, make sure that you have basilmod::pack version diplayed at the bottom-right corner. Join the server and server will load all the requirements for you. Goto your ingame control settings, and adjust a keyboard bind.

Thank you for the reply, I have followed all of these steps accordingly and to detail.

- BasilMod:Pack was loaded onto my server, I run Gm Announcements and some others that you have made just fine. However, when using the Ravens Mod this is not the case. This is my main.cs line

Spoiler

And in my Server Files - Root Folder/basilmod/ravens - in this folder contains

Client Folder - Contents
ravens.cs.dso
ravens.gui.dso

2 other Files Named
config.cs
raven.cs.dso

----

Everything seems to be in working order, any other ideas?

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 29 Aug 2016, 20:47

DopeyZero9 wrote:
Spoiler

First of all, all your mod exec lines are not added at the end of the file. You have added all lines before the "}" which is obviously not the end of the files.

DopeyZero9 wrote:2 other Files Named
config.cs
raven.cs.dso

File should be named as "ravens.cs.dso". You should not rename mod files.

If reverting file name back to original name would not help you, share you server log file with me.

DopeyZero9

Post by DopeyZero9 » 29 Aug 2016, 20:56

Custodian wrote:File should be named as "ravens.cs.dso". You should not rename mod files.

If reverting file name back to original name would not help you, share you server log file with me.

Sorry Sir, I never renamed the file, this is what it was renamed when it was loaded onto the server. I will try this.

and sorry I thought under
exec- Pack was where I put the exec lines lol.

I'm new, please roast lightly.

Hieve

Post by Hieve » 18 Sep 2016, 04:26

Custodian wrote:
Twiztedmike wrote:Excellent mod - a great feature to add would be message flooding protection (people can just send a flood of ravens and they would have so many popups on the other person's screen)

As mentioned, this version does not require any inventory items for the messasge to be sended. Flood protection is not a subject for this standalone mod.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

i got to push this, a flood protection would be really useful.
A small timeout between the messages would be really good to have(like you can only send messages every 30-60s)

Helena

Post by Helena » 28 Sep 2016, 14:21

Is there a possibility to change the mod , so that one have to have a chicken in the inventory to send a message? And After you sent the message the chicken dissappear

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 28 Sep 2016, 14:28

Te_quiero wrote:Is there a possibility to change the mod , so that one have to have a chicken in the inventory to send a message? And After you sent the message the chicken dissappear

basilmod-ravens-t16554/#p67074

RetroLogi

Post by RetroLogi » 10 Oct 2016, 10:08

MacDante wrote:You want send letter take chicken from coop and send him :)

I have similar idea, but more realistic. The ravens were thrown from the aviary to another aviary.
The mod is great now, but if you could change it so that the raven flew from coop to coop and messages were left inside, would be even better. Obviously there must be a chicken in the coop

Larainan

Post by Larainan » 23 Oct 2016, 18:15

ok So I installed motd ravens the pack and teleport to my server. I added all the exe lines into my main cs folder and in the config for the pack I had to add "1.1.4.6"; . ANY would not work for me even with v5 installed.

before restarting my server I ran a check for changed and upgrade in heidi sql. I restarted my whole box. I added the basilmodloader to my personal steam and went into game.
it gave me the updates showed basil v5 in the bottom corner but I started looping trying to get in game. Ravens wasn't loading. So I added the exec to the console while the server was running and it started. But I still couldn't join my server and looped on the mod install screen.

I had to manually add a ravens folder and the 2 ravens.cs and ravens.gui to that folder in steamapps common lifeisfeudal basilmod folder on my pc then verify my game in the games library on steam before I could get into the game finally.

my other clients also won't run ravens unless they add the two ravens.cs and gui files in a folder on their pc so all day ive been walking people through that process. you may have to as well.
once they manually make the folders after installing basilpack on their client all seems to work well.
Last edited by Larainan on 26 Oct 2016, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.

Larainan

Post by Larainan » 26 Oct 2016, 11:36

I take that back....ravens works until a server restart then everyone starts looping again even if I enter the ravens exec in the console have everyone shut down steam verify files and restart. I finally had to pull ravens from the server and now everything else starts fine.

Fuffud

Post by Fuffud » 31 Oct 2016, 20:56

After the New update 31/10/2016
I can write and send a message to someone but the raven does not spawn above my head to fly over to the other player.

It used to be fine but now it is not

Just thought I would let you know.

Amazing work by the way. This is a mod every server needs

Fuffud

Post by Fuffud » 31 Oct 2016, 21:02

Larainan wrote:I take that back....ravens works until a server restart then everyone starts looping again even if I enter the ravens exec in the console have everyone shut down steam verify files and restart. I finally had to pull ravens from the server and now everything else starts fine.

I had that problem too.

If you tab out from the loading screen before it has verified the files then it won't find the files in time and think the server has not got it.

Just stare at your screen until it says Patching world.
It works 90% of the time for me.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 01 Nov 2016, 09:46

Nellae wrote:After the New update 31/10/2016
I can write and send a message to someone but the raven does not spawn above my head to fly over to the other player.

Apparently, current version of BasilMod::Ravens (v2) is not compatible with 1.1.5.7 server.

Helios77

Post by Helios77 » 03 Nov 2016, 13:03

Custodian wrote:

Apparently, current version of BasilMod::Ravens (v2) is not compatible with 1.1.5.7 server.

Do you know how to fix it ? How long for a patch ? This mod is sooooo cool because it adds a great RP feature.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 09 Nov 2016, 09:15

Helios77 wrote:
Custodian wrote:

Do you know how to fix it ? How long for a patch ?

No ETA for the fix.

ProPanek

Post by ProPanek » 13 Nov 2016, 13:30

So... is there any chance you gonna ever fix it or we can just forget about this mod?

Fuffud

Post by Fuffud » 20 Nov 2016, 16:31

I think it has something to do with the textures of some of the animals changing due to the Halloween thing. Which also makes me think by the next patch the Mod should fix it self. But I might be wrong.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 20 Nov 2016, 18:57

Nellae wrote:But I might be wrong.

Yes, you are wrong.

Mod malfunction due to game engine changes: methods used in mod are unavailable now.

Fuffud

Post by Fuffud » 21 Nov 2016, 21:56

Ok, So this means you have to redo the entire thing? So no sign for a working mod anytime soon I assume.

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 21 Nov 2016, 22:51

Nellae wrote:Ok, So this means you have to redo the entire thing?

Some parts. There is no ready to use right away solution so far.
Nellae wrote:So no sign for a working mod anytime soon I assume.

No ETA for the update/fix.

Fuffud

Post by Fuffud » 22 Nov 2016, 13:04

Thanks for all the info and hope it goes well for you.

Sharpen_di
True Believer

Post by Sharpen_di » 24 Nov 2016, 08:57

Had a good laugh at the flying chicken :lol: A very good idea :beer:
ImageMidgard

MacDante

Post by MacDante » 26 Nov 2016, 09:56

@Custodian : i know that new PHYSICS Animal algorithm, and new methods is a source of problemin this mod.

But maybe you can turn off this method , and turn on VIRTUAL Ravens? We don't need see flaying bugged animals but we want write message and send it via VIRTUAL RAVEN fly to target.

I'm RPG player i can imagine this RAVEN :) And additional this way of solution give no more problem with track enemies via ravens :)

ProPanek

Post by ProPanek » 28 Nov 2016, 11:09

@up
@MacDante has right here, for now we can just have message system, without flying "ravens". And we can just wait, until you will be able to fix the problem.

Glodarin
Beta Tester

Post by Glodarin » 29 Nov 2016, 22:17

Hi - is there a problem with the raven mod and the current LiF Version. Since the last patch, the ravens won't fly...

Custodian
Mod Developer

Post by Custodian » 29 Nov 2016, 23:40

MacDante wrote:But maybe you can turn off this method , and turn on VIRTUAL Ravens?

I believe this could been done, but you would not be able to intercet the raven.

Glodarin wrote:Hi - is there a problem with the raven mod and the current LiF Version. Since the last patch, the ravens won't fly...

Please, read the previous thread messages and discussion.

ProPanek

Post by ProPanek » 07 Dec 2016, 11:39

Any updates?

Helena

Post by Helena » 05 Jan 2017, 21:26

Did you find a solution for the problem?

Return to Game mods