Beta 2 and no wipe

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

JudoMonk

Beta 2 and no wipe

Post by JudoMonk » 26 Feb 2017, 06:11

I am thinking on buying the Life is Feudal MMO DEVOTED pack but before I do maybe someone can answer a few questions:

1) Am I correct in that beta 2 will NOT have a wipe? Players starting in Beta 2 will not loose there character when the full MMO game is released?

2) What beta is running now?

3) If still in beta 1 when is beta 2 to begin?

I want to buy the pack and stat to play during beta 2....if there is no wipe after beta 2 begins.

thanks

Burne109
Zealous Believer

Re: Beta 2 and no wipe

Post by Burne109 » 26 Feb 2017, 08:03

JudoMonk wrote:I am thinking on buying the Life is Feudal MMO DEVOTED pack but before I do maybe someone can answer a few questions:

1) Am I correct in that beta 2 will NOT have a wipe? Players starting in Beta 2 will not loose there character when the full MMO game is released? Correct

2) What beta is running now? Wave 1 phase 2?

3) If still in beta 1 when is beta 2 to begin? No eta that i know of

I want to buy the pack and stat to play during beta 2....if there is no wipe after beta 2 begins.

thanks

Elindor
True Believer

Post by Elindor » 26 Feb 2017, 21:23

Currently we are in Beta 1, which will wipe...

A bit after Beta 1 ends, Beta 2 will start (at which point all LIF YO owners can play) and according the devs there will be no wipe. Basically Beta 2 is "Soft Launch".

As for when that will happen, it's hard to say. A couple months ago they had said that Beta 2 would start around late Spring/early Summer 2017 but that seems unlikely...I'd bet Fall 2017 probably.

In the meantime, unfortunately, Beta 1 is more server downtime than uptime :(

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 26 Feb 2017, 21:26

Also - if you already have LIF-YO then you do not need to buy one of the packs. However, if you love the game then I would encourage you to buy a pack so you can have extra characters AND to support the game.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Ajak
Zealous Believer

Post by Ajak » 14 Mar 2017, 22:15

Old player back before the MMO tests when it was just private servers and thinking of also coming back for wave 2 (and possible buying a believer pack), just a couple of questions...

Do we know if by "no wipe" between beta 2 and release, this applies to just characters or the continents as well? This is a big deal for my guildmates (and lots of old players thinking of coming back who want to be competitive in the game world), as I play other MMO's and sandbox games and we want to get a good start.

As an aside, I wish the devs made it REALLY clear that beta 2 was a soft launch on the main page, as lots of sandbox MMO type players like myself who haven't played this in a long time because I'm tired of beta testing games for devs, but are interested getting back in when it's "released" are not aware of this soft launch stuff and exactly what this means.

Thanks!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 15 Mar 2017, 00:47

Ajak wrote:Old player back before the MMO tests when it was just private servers and thinking of also coming back for wave 2 (and possible buying a believer pack), just a couple of questions...

Do we know if by "no wipe" between beta 2 and release, this applies to just characters or the continents as well? This is a big deal for my guildmates (and lots of old players thinking of coming back who want to be competitive in the game world), as I play other MMO's and sandbox games and we want to get a good start.

The underground resources will be shuffled around. The general terrain will not. What this means is that where currently you will find ore is not going to be the same location after the shuffle.

Ajak wrote:As an aside, I wish the devs made it REALLY clear that beta 2 was a soft launch on the main page, as lots of sandbox MMO type players like myself who haven't played this in a long time because I'm tired of beta testing games for devs, but are interested getting back in when it's "released" are not aware of this soft launch stuff and exactly what this means.

Thanks!

Some of the info has changed after the packs came out.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to Newcomer Section