In this beta patch, we’re proud to introduce to you two systems, which have been completely rewritten from scratch: animal AI and forest growth algorithms. You may come across some small bugs and glitches here and there, as it is the first time we’ll be testing these new systems on a massive scale with real players, so don’t worry!
Patch notes (ver. 188.8.131.52 - BETA):
New features and tweaks:
- Implemented completely new AI behavior and spawn algorithms. Animals should be able to follow you inside buildings, not get stuck between trees, spawn better with less bugs and generally work more adequately, with better performance server side
- Implemented a new forest growth algorithm. Bush growth is taken into account and the overall performance of growing forests should be better now. The visual aspect of the growth should look better too. Overall speed of forest growth has also been significantly lowered
- Cells blocked by buildings/tunnels/forest visualization is now client side only. It should increase the performance of ‘Observe Mode’ and make it more responsive
- Added new ability - gathering nuts, which will appear as an inventory item
- Primitive cooking recipes now available on the big cauldron and kitchen
- Fixed a notorious and elusive bug with tanning tubs and drying racks being bugged out in certain unusual circumstances. This might also fix similar bugs with campfires and other objects that have lengthy crafting processes
- Players are now spawned exactly at the same coordinates they logged off from. This is to prevent exploits, which allowed players to log out near castle walls, only to appear on top of it after logging back in
- Multiple fixes for improper movable objects positioning/drop
- Traps no longer disable invulnerable players (just spawned on the trap)
- Fixed mine for copper ability duration
- Some other minor fixes
We want to warn you that migration from the current branch to the beta branch should be smooth, but you may have some issues migrating existing beta worlds back into the current release state. With this in mind, please save and backup your worlds before you switch from beta back to release!
If you would like to continue to help us with beta testing the new version and new features, please activate the beta using this password: sandboxLUV4evah1