Cant link steam account

If you run into any issues while browsing our website or forums, you can find details on how to report them in here.

Moderators: Codeman, Arrakis

Vantrom

Cant link steam account

Post by Vantrom » 02 Dec 2016, 05:51

Can't seem to link steam account. I go to settings. and it wont let me click on anything. Help? :fool:

Arrakis

Re: Cant link steam account

Post by Arrakis » 02 Dec 2016, 11:41

This feature is currently being developed. But you can try a workaround for now:

- login to lifeisfeudal.com using Steam service http://take.ms/OxHwA
    - choose correct Steam account (info is taken from you browser's temp files)
    - on a "validate access" step select you existing LiF account/email

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 06 Dec 2016, 02:29

Arrakis09 wrote:This feature is currently being developed. But you can try a workaround for now:

- login to lifeisfeudal.com using Steam service http://take.ms/OxHwA
    - choose correct Steam account (info is taken from you browser's temp files)
    - on a "validate access" step select you existing LiF account/email

i logged in like you suggested and had the same issue of it offering me the discount but not giving it to me on the payment page

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 06 Dec 2016, 14:53

Wookiee420 wrote:i logged in like you suggested and had the same issue of it offering me the discount but not giving it to me on the payment page

If there are some issues with discounts etc, please follow these steps to contact Xsolla support:

- 1. Open https://play.lifeisfeudal.com/
    - 2. Click 'Buy pack'
    - 3. Click 'Contact us' on the bottom left side of the window
    - 4. Choose between Submiting a ticket and a Live chat

Wookiee420
True Believer

Post by Wookiee420 » 06 Dec 2016, 15:04

Arrakis09 wrote:
Wookiee420 wrote:i logged in like you suggested and had the same issue of it offering me the discount but not giving it to me on the payment page

If there are some issues with discounts etc, please follow these steps to contact Xsolla support:

- 1. Open https://play.lifeisfeudal.com/
    - 2. Click 'Buy pack'
    - 3. Click 'Contact us' on the bottom left side of the window
    - 4. Choose between Submiting a ticket and a Live chat

i did that, the person i talked to asked me to send an email with snapshots about the problem....i did and got a response to the email asking if i owned YO, i said "yes, look at the screenshots it answers all questions" and have not had any luck nor response since

EDIT: After a long back and forth through emails, all is right in the world and i am a true believer!!!

Baal
True Believer

Post by Baal » 13 Dec 2016, 18:19

Hi, i post here about the account manager problem, it have to be fixed or at least clarified !
Problem come from other account link manager like steam, facebook, google account ect... so when your create a new account for LIF.com to buy a pack (in my case from steam existing account), the log must go by Xsolla.com, then steam page, then log in LIF.com page.
It's not clear and your steam password will not be recognised in lif.com site, so we have to find a complicate way to reset password by the "forgoten password" button to reset and set a new valid password for the site LIF.com.

It is a big issue when logging from existing external account and try to log in the MMO client launcher and the password is not recognised because of external database account different from LIF site (Xsolla and steam/others...)
I think using external account like facebook and other is a mistake and complicate think for all users instead of simplify it because of this password thing.

i try to explain this issue the best i can

Stevester1211
True Believer

Post by Stevester1211 » 14 Dec 2016, 01:21

I am having the same problem as the person above i signed in with the steam option and bought my pack, now however i can not log into LIF website without choosing the steam log in. I can not log into the launcher as well as not change my password. If there is a solution please inform me.

Sumdum2003
True Believer

Post by Sumdum2003 » 14 Dec 2016, 01:42

Stevester1211 wrote:I am having the same problem as the person above i signed in with the steam option and bought my pack, now however i can not log into LIF website without choosing the steam log in. I can not log into the launcher as well as not change my password. If there is a solution please inform me.

Same exact situation here. I've logged out, used the "Forgot Password" option, trying to recover my account, from the main page but I haven't received any emails yet with the recovery info in them. Not sure what else to do since I never got to choose a password as far as I know using the steam log in.

Kengraetz
True Believer

Post by Kengraetz » 14 Dec 2016, 06:08

Same issue here - I authenticated on the Xsolla site using the Steam OAuth, bought the Bronze Edition, got my YO discount. That then created an LiF website account and a forums account. When I installed the beta client and it asks me for my credentials, I don't know what to enter and I can't change my password on the forums or lif website because I don't know the "Old Password." I must be missing something obvious.

DOH - figured it out - just go to the lifeisfeudal.com website and hit forgot password - I am a dork.

Baal
True Believer

Post by Baal » 14 Dec 2016, 08:53

Kengraetz wrote:Same issue here - I authenticated on the Xsolla site using the Steam OAuth, bought the Bronze Edition, got my YO discount. That then created an LiF website account and a forums account. When I installed the beta client and it asks me for my credentials, I don't know what to enter and I can't change my password on the forums or lif website because I don't know the "Old Password." I must be missing something obvious.

DOH - figured it out - just go to the lifeisfeudal.com website and hit forgot password - I am a dork.

Issue is tricky : steam password used to create an account for LiF in purpose to buy a pack is not recognised in LiF.com database for some reason, so it's impossible to change password in the account setting page using the hold password. The solution is to log out, then load a fresh LiF.com page, use the "sign in" button and click "forgot password", then the site will send you a code to change password and set a new one different from steam account, so you will be able to log in the MMO launcher (and the site/forum) using this new ID.
very weird stuff, but hopefully it doesn't pose problem in the pack's payment step.

Stevester1211
True Believer

Post by Stevester1211 » 14 Dec 2016, 21:59

Baal wrote:
Kengraetz wrote:Same issue here - I authenticated on the Xsolla site using the Steam OAuth, bought the Bronze Edition, got my YO discount. That then created an LiF website account and a forums account. When I installed the beta client and it asks me for my credentials, I don't know what to enter and I can't change my password on the forums or lif website because I don't know the "Old Password." I must be missing something obvious.

Issue is tricky : steam password used to create an account for LiF in purpose to buy a pack is not recognised in LiF.com database for some reason, so it's impossible to change password in the account setting page using the hold password. The solution is to log out, then load a fresh LiF.com page, use the "sign in" button and click "forgot password", then the site will send you a code to change password and set a new one different from steam account, so you will be able to log in the MMO launcher (and the site/forum) using this new ID.
very weird stuff, but hopefully it doesn't pose problem in the pack's payment step.

I tried this method to change my password, but i am not receiving any emails from LIF with the instructions or code to change anything if there is any other method found would love to know. Thanks

Sumdum2003
True Believer

Post by Sumdum2003 » 15 Dec 2016, 04:33

Stevester1211 wrote:I tried this method to change my password, but i am not receiving any emails from LIF with the instructions or code to change anything if there is any other method found would love to know. Thanks

I finally found a solution to this exact problem. I wasn't getting the recovery emails from the main page either BUT If you use the Support option when hovering over the Life is Feudal MMO header on the main page it will take you to a LiF Zendesk page. In the top right, sign out and then click sign in to bring up the usual Username / PW prompt and then use the Forgot Password option from there. For whatever reason, THIS finally reached my inbox.

False alarm xD Apparently that's a password specifically for the Zendesk..so yay. Still waiting on a support email to figure this.

Return to Website Support