Changes to mounted fighting mastery

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Toren
True Believer

Changes to mounted fighting mastery

Post by Toren » 27 Dec 2016, 05:27

As it currently stands, if someone has 30 chivalry they can hop on a warhorse and ride it full speed. I would suggest a change to make it so at 0 mounted fighting mastery you ride at say 50% speed, 75% at 30, and full speed at 60 mounted fighting mastery.

A secondary suggestion-well more of a needed fix, is to make mounted fighting actually viable as a fighting skill. Right now it is only used as a gateway to lancing, as the animations and hit boxes for swinging 1 handers from horseback are incredibly buggy at the moment.

Chuto
Beta Tester

Re: Changes to mounted fighting mastery

Post by Chuto » 27 Dec 2016, 21:52

:good: Absolutely agree that something needs to change in mounted fighting mastery. It should not be possible for every peasant with 30 chivalry to ride a warhose. Pls dig that ability deeper.

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 27 Dec 2016, 22:36

i agree. however, i think it needs only to prevent somone from galloping without the skill, and i also think it needs to be designed so that an archer cannot get that skill, unless they are going for an INT build.
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Post by Styxwash » 28 Dec 2016, 09:19

Horses are generally way to powerful compared to the cost of use.

They have good armor and a huge hp pool. Strong passive regen.

You can get on and off a horse within seconds.

Requires a minimum of skill and resources to utilize.

Cheap and easy to tame/train.

The resource cost of fielding warhorses should be higher, including production of expensive saddles and stuff like shoes.

Adding more types of rideable horses with varying cost and skill requirements would be excellent.

Toren
True Believer

Post by Toren » 30 Dec 2016, 08:31

I feel like combat needs to be balanced more before they should even consider adding anything new, as much as I would like to see more warhorse types. What really makes warhorses super strong right now is the one shot knockdown when you hit someone into an object.

Training warhorses is way to easy to do and makes the skill yet another grind skill. If they added an instanced training for each horse that took-say 10 minutes but gave a ton of skillpoints and influenced the quality, it would make warhorses a lot harder to mass produce and a lot more valuable. Also if they made warhorses need to eat like other animals, even when released, it would force people to have fewer warhorses just so they wouldn't starve themselves.
I can see with how easy warhorses are to use skill point wise large battles just devolving into warhorse-naphtha pot-long pike fights.

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Post by Styxwash » 31 Dec 2016, 06:28

I didn't propose adding anything really, just a wider variety of stats for rideable horses in order to balance out the costs of use.

Atm. the warhorses are way to cheap to field, but everybody still needs a "workhorse" in order to craft/build efficiently. So making a distinction between combat horses and workhorses seems important for balance.

Something like this could be done easily by adding a saddle item during training, with similar function as horse armor.

The cost of fielding warhorses should be at least similar to crafting armor sets. Adding saddles that cost something like 2 Rope, 4 Linen Cloth, 6 Thick leather and 12 Thin leather would make alot more sense.

Distinction between work and warhorse could be made by making a cheaper saddle that basicly results in a weaker warhorse (simply lower health, armor, etc. and a different name)

Adding a lightly armored warhorse in chainmail dressing would be excellent as well, but that does enter the grounds of adding actual content. Horse armor should be much more expensive as well ofc. and require linen/leathers + armor components like chainmail and plate.

I'm sure stuff like this is already in the works.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas