Citizens - For the Solo Players?

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Reapo

Citizens - For the Solo Players?

Post by Reapo » 13 Apr 2017, 11:23

I've often looked at survival type game's player base as either grouped or solo players. Depending on the game, a solo player is different. From my limited experience on LiF:YO, a solo player will carve out a small piece of land and depending on the skill points allowed, will go into a single profession and a gathering skill to accommodate it. For example a Blacksmith/Miner.

I've been reading a lot of the topics and looking at suggestions that other players have posted. One topic I saw was a concern of a group of 10 players, building a "city", castle walls, houses, storage, etc. but the entire place being empty.

I've always been a fan of games being realistic when there are options that make sense. The current state of the game is in terms of player building and claims is that in order to have access, you have to be part of the claim or the guild. Otherwise you can't do ANYTHING on that claim unless JH occurs.

For the MMO, I had thought of having Citizens. What does that mean? First off, these citizens are players. Most likely these players are solo players, they bought the game because they enjoy the simple life of Life is Feudal, such as blacksmithing or farming or what have you and just want to have a profession and enjoy the game the way they want to.

What does this mean in the grand scheme of things; a citizen can be accepted by a guild with restricted access to the claim. For example, whatever agreement is struck by the guild leader and citizen, a plot can be assigned to the citizen where he can build and manage that land. He has no real access to the important buildings like storage or warehouses unless assigned by the guild leader (I know a lot of work, but this is just an example and could probably be more refined).

With the system in place, a solo player can have a safe haven to play the game he wants to play and be apart of a community in the game. The guild can literally take pride in whatever city they build because it'll be a living breathing city, which is pretty cool, in my mind anyways.

Those are my thoughts for an excellent suggestion. Please feel free to add your two cents to it and discuss! I'm looking forward to the responses.

Schalkan
Devoted Believer

Re: Citizens - For the Solo Players?

Post by Schalkan » 13 Apr 2017, 11:50

that is the think

As a leader you can give other people rights
Can give each person very special rights
For example, allow the person A to edit the ground in your claim
(Farming) the person don't need to be in your guild

but a random person on your ground is yea

I will be the leader of people who are not in the guild and only play so precaution alone but to the guild claim live and pursue their profession
Certain taxes do not demand much but that they keep a contribution

sorry for bad englisch

Brother

Post by Brother » 13 Apr 2017, 14:18

You'll likely be happy to know that your suggestions is practically already implemented in the MMO.

With the permission system referenced above and the addition of personal claims, solo players can absolutely work with a larger guild while also maintaining some independence.

Reapo

Post by Reapo » 13 Apr 2017, 21:54

Brother wrote:You'll likely be happy to know that your suggestions is practically already implemented in the MMO.

With the permission system referenced above and the addition of personal claims, solo players can absolutely work with a larger guild while also maintaining some independence.

Really? Thats amazing! So glad I'm on the same wave length as developers and hopefully any testers and players that recommended something like this before me!

I know back in YO, I mostly played on RP servers, I had a small group of friends and most of the groups on the server normally had quite a few more. So joining a server with structure let me and my guys experience the game at its best. I do remember some of my favorite times were during any of the servers "market days" because it felt like the admin built city felt alive. There were tournaments, goods to be sold, a tavern was open, players could set bounties and often argued in the streets.

So, if there was any possible chance of getting some of those unique features the private servers had to offer, into the MMO, then those suggestions should be brought up. I'm looking forward to wave #2 to take a crack at the mmo!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 14 Apr 2017, 14:57

Keep i mind that what is allowed by game mechanics may not be allowed with the guild you want to saddle up with.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Reapo

Post by Reapo » 15 Apr 2017, 11:49

GavinMcStine wrote:Hey, my work takes me away from an internet connection for about 5 to 12 days. I like this for someone who would be say a weekend gamer who can get some protection from a guild wile not being required to game every day.

There are two issues with this.

1st. If say I happen to be on and want to join the guild in mining but the mine is outside my "given" plot of land would I still be able to help and if someone isn't on who has rights to allow me am I forced out of helping.( a temp increase to access)
2nd. If I want to make a donation to the guild do I still have some sort of drop or browse access to buildings that I have no "removal" rights too?

1. It theres a couple ways it could be handled. Could be like you said in your example, permissions. The other way that I thought off, that is a lot less management on the guild side of things, is since you have ownership of a house inside the claim, you would automatically be allowed to mine in the claim as well.

2. I'm sure the individual guilds will have their own system of how they want to handle citizen donations/taxes. An item could be created to where a special chest can be placed where citizens can donate goods into the box and the only people who can take them out are the guild members. For the RP cities, I'm sure there will be a more personal touch. Regardless, the guilds will have their own method to the madness, I think.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas