Construction 60-90 & Server Start Date

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
Pesco
True Believer

Construction 60-90 & Server Start Date

Post by Pesco » 11 Dec 2016, 18:12

I'd like to offer two suggestions that do eventually relate to each other:

1) That the skills of Construction from 60 to 90 should be reconsidered.

At Construction 60, there is the ability to build Small Plaster House and Small Wooden House.

The Small Plaster House requires mortar, which requires flux, which is very difficult to obtain until herbal gardens can be made, which requires Construction 90.

The Small Wooden House requires linen rope, which really isn't possible until farming gets going when winter is over. See #2 below.

So without viable construction projects, people are going to continue having to grind ovens to get to 90, using thousands of clay in the process for a lower multiplier server. That's not viable with 1x in the mmo.

2) LiF:YO winter starts are rough. Please allow a better way for admins to change the date. To my knowledge this isn't a thing. It's always rough at every server start to be dealing with the lack of ability to grow things decently.

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Re: Construction 60-90 & Server Start Date

Post by Styxwash » 12 Dec 2016, 11:00

Yep, we will be living in shacks for a good long time when the MMO starts. Working as intended imo.

Also, you don't need to use just throw away clay for skilling up. There's lots of useful things you can make. Paving is also alot more important in the mmo (maybe not so much in wave 1, but on release paving will have long term benefits)

Just remember, were not meant to grind our way through 60 to 90 in higher tier skills. You do your job, play the game and skills will slowly rise.

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 12 Dec 2016, 15:16

Pesco wrote:The Small Plaster House requires mortar, which requires flux, which is very difficult to obtain until herbal gardens can be made, which requires Construction 90.

As someone that has spent thousands of hours in herbalism all the way from back when this game first poped onto steam I would have to disagree with you.

Yes, most herbalists now plant theirs shit in the gardens, then do other stuff for 9 hours. But come on, that's how your gonna play the mmo? Gotta remember that with a limited 400 skills there's very little else you can do that would be usefull to your clan.

So I see herbalists going back to the way it was before the herb garden days, actually sitting around looking for herbs. And hey, you can easly make around 200 flux a day just by doing that.

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Post by Styxwash » 12 Dec 2016, 21:29

More importantly, hand gathering will get you some good q herbs for high q mortar and the like. Still lots of people hand gathering in YO for this purpose.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas