Controller Support

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

CatoNik

Controller Support

Post by CatoNik » 24 Sep 2014, 23:28

Heya!

After reading up on the site, and reviewing game play videos, I am on my way to purchase the game now. I have been waiting years for this to come out. :D

I know this is a controversial issue, and probably always will be, but please implement controller (gamepad/xbox/playstation) support.

I am a software dev myself, and realize there's a massive list ahead of adding controller support, but I do hope it makes the list - even if it isn't worked on until after release.

Ready and willing to help out any way I can on this.

Great job devs, phenomenal project!

Cheers!

Merlin73

Re: Controller Support

Post by Merlin73 » 11 May 2015, 13:22

I second this

Shu

Post by Shu » 12 May 2015, 18:02

The cascaded context menus that make up a fair part of the UI would seem like a MAJOR pain with controllers, as would most of the UI as it is.
The UI would have to be changed a lot to acommodate controlers, and judging by how games usually lack a LOT in the control department when they are converted from consoles to PC, this would be highly undesirable for all proper mouse/keyboard players.

I currently play GTA V on PC, and the controls are an atrocity there. It reeks of controller optimized design, and violates too many "control quasi-standards" for me to ever get really acustomed to it. The slacky cursor being one thing, but also the need to click menu entries twice to actually activate them. I have a mouse. I don't need to select and then activate. Just activate please! ...just to name a few points, where controller support could trip over.

If nothing else, it would be a huge effort to implement controllers in such way, that normal play isn't impacted. And then there is the question of fairness in combat... I don't even want to get into that here.

So no, please leave controllers for when you are REALLY bored.

Azilion

Post by Azilion » 03 Jun 2016, 23:45

there is a little program i found called joy to key. it binds my xbox one and im pretty sure any controller for that matter to a key on my keyboard. i am able to play life is feudal just fine once i configured it, which only took me about 10 minutes :Yahoo!: :good:

once i have polished it up i can talk you through how to do it.

Azilion

Post by Azilion » 07 Jun 2016, 09:05

Cattoaster

Post by Cattoaster » 07 Jun 2016, 10:45

Using Steam Controller since a few weeks, works well

Markhascole

Post by Markhascole » 26 Aug 2019, 20:05

Cattoaster wrote:Using Steam Controller since a few weeks, works well

Yup Steam Controller is aweosme. Controller truly enhanced my gaming experience.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas