Crafting a weapon - anyone know how?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
Xsarec

Crafting a weapon - anyone know how?

Post by Xsarec » 27 Jan 2018, 22:33

I have been searching on youtube but no info.

I am on newbie island and I have my artisan at 55 but all I can craft is a bow and arrows.

How do I make a one handed weapon like club or stone axe?
Xsarec Rothgar - www.encursion.com

Velius

Re: Crafting a weapon - anyone know how?

Post by Velius » 28 Jan 2018, 07:37

Weapons are created by forgers, which is one of the penultimate skills in the smithing tree. The are no stone weapons, and even that simple bow requires bowcraft/bowyery.

Carpenters can craft training weapons, however as their name implies they are not very good for any sort of actual combat.

Uxtalzon

Post by Uxtalzon » 28 Jan 2018, 14:09

The primitive tools can be used as weapons. The blacksmith quests should give you a cheap hammer and hatchet if you're not inclined to use them as tools. :P

But yeah, Carpentry of 30 I think to make a cudgel or practice weapons, and at least Forging of 30 to make the good stuff. I have one character who just got that skill level, only to find out I need to raise his strength in order to equip the one I wanted to use.

Velius

Post by Velius » 28 Jan 2018, 16:02

Tools do not have damage stats. You are basically punching someone with a different damage type based on the tool you are using. Engaging any type of aggressive animal with a hatchet will result in your grisly death. The only exception to this is the torch which will frighten most animals away. Anything else you need to just run.

Return to Newcomer Section