Current state of the game

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Vadio

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Vadio » 10 Feb 2018, 08:00

Deadgame 2018

1 - lancer meta , yes is op and yes i see other topic people complain about dmg ,,, go yourself and test for yourself you going see its op

but why? people using lancer
people want roaming pvp and spends hours in foot or normal horse its not funn!

2 - EU can be great and work normal but buyan? its total piece well guys you know.... IB not work , 1000 ms around all day

3 - Lack any kind stuffs to figth for
yes you build you awesome walls include mine and farm , sit there welcome to boredom

4 - Stamina issues,,,, with laggy dont sure staminab bugged out weird stuffs happen like one swing and you stam go 0 yea i know str requirement and test with more str i need to carry/gear/swing stuffs i not dumb

5- Hacks? please i told before and even get ban in discord
whats fuck point play this game if you can open cheat engine and do HardHP , Speed , Stamina , and others stuffs

6 - Dupe,,,, i realy dont want comment this i know several guilds and people but this i can live that , remid-me mortal...... eventual dupe is gone

7 - Someone say about DFO, and others sandbox
well as i can say if you look decent pvp game return of reckonign and hope soon camelot unchained but if one this guys want full loot and blabla , Gloria Victis its there but even more i going say mortal online why not lif, why? LIF care content e server stability

probably this topic going be deleted by moderation but here go

8 - I played you own and my feeling about mmo its just 49 server you own tied together cant handle more that 64 player per server
IB is here to proff that

9 - Buyan is hosted leaseweb... other thing realy dont want comment again

Donev44hacked

Post by Donev44hacked » 10 Feb 2018, 22:04

Here's what bothers me about the current state of the game.

1. You cannot talk to other players ingame which makes for a great life is mute/deaf expirience.
2. Starter players have no way of defending themselves as they cant build anything they can lock keeping their belongings so everyone passing by can steal their items.
3. Ppl who poke thru chests that do not belong to them should be flagged criminal and atacking them should not lower your reputation
4. With the current siege mechanics sieging is too on US server even for americans - should be changed in general to make people fight and defend their property while castle can be sieged at a certain time general property should be always atackable.
5 Since players have nothing to do and they cant go on a rampage killing and pillaging (unless certain day and hour of the week )everyone stay locked at their fortress crafting which makes for dull time ingame unless you are intrested in crarfting 24/7
6 Horses get tired absurdly fast while i can understand why they can tired if someone is galloping for a good mileage they should have regular moovment speed when not sprinting which should allow the animal to travel without being drained.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 11 Feb 2018, 12:02

Referring to last couple posts, I can assure you that we are working on patching exploits and fixing bugs and other annoying issues such as lags. It may take some time, but we'll get there and the game will run nice and smooth eventually. You can already see the progress we've made in last few months. While it's still not great, we are definitely on the right path. And the server nodes can easily hold much more than 64players.

As for the statement that starting players have no way of defending themselves - Wrong. They can build private claim or they can join one of the guilds spread around the continent if they have trouble managing on their own.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 13 Feb 2018, 05:37

Arrakis wrote:As for the statement that starting players have no way of defending themselves - Wrong. They can build private claim or they can join one of the guilds spread around the continent if they have trouble managing on their own.

QFT. ':'
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Monco

Post by Monco » 21 Feb 2018, 04:13

2 months later and same problems.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 23 Feb 2018, 00:31

Monco wrote:2 months later and same problems.

Well JHs don't lag anymore on Buyan.
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 23 Feb 2018, 18:35

HolyAvengerOne wrote:

Because no one is playing.

Population is HALF of what it was 2 months ago.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 27 Feb 2018, 20:12

Hodo wrote:
HolyAvengerOne wrote:

Because no one is playing.

Population is HALF of what it was 2 months ago.

Well, he said "the same problems". I wasn't saying why, or how, or even making an appreciation of whether I think the situation is worse off or not.

But these aren't the SAME problems ;P

Monco

Post by Monco » 28 Feb 2018, 03:58

HolyAvengerOne wrote:
Well, he said "the same problems". I wasn't saying why, or how, or even making an appreciation of whether I think the situation is worse off or not.

But these aren't the SAME problems ;P

Read the post of Agathius again and tell me if something really changed.

Blkdeath75

Post by Blkdeath75 » 28 Feb 2018, 04:30

Want to fix pvp in this game? Make it that people that wear armor or weigh a certain amount sink and drown in water when they run to it, and put a 1 minute cast time on homecoming prayer that can be interrupted when hit.

I don't care if they lose their shit when they do it. Its not enough. I watched a streamer/griever last night get hit ONCE losing about 60% hard health, run into a bunch of apple trees and pray home, leaving everything and his hardy warhorse as well.

2 seconds later(on stream) he's back in his main, straight to a wardrobe with 50 more suits of armor, then walks over and grabs another Warhorse. Logs out and repeats it with his alt.....

Thats pvp right now in this game.

Blkdeath75

Post by Blkdeath75 » 28 Feb 2018, 04:39

HolyAvengerOne wrote:

JH's dont lag on Buyan?!? I heard Hodo say also that server 31 has no issues anymore either. Do you guys work for Bitbox?

I am in 32 and it crashes EVERY SINGLE DAY, MULTIPLE times a day. Not just during JH....I mean ALL the time. I'm convinced 32 runs on an old emachine with an Intel Celeron in it.

I usually log into this game around 7:30-8 CST weekdays, then play till 9-10pm. I seriously crash no less than 6 times a day.

And as far as 31 and "other surrounding servers" not even a week ago we were responding to an attack from 32 to an ally in 38 but we had to cross the CORNER of 31 to get there. We all dismounted walked across, tried to inspect to force server switch, BAM everyone crashed on inspect. Tried without inspecting ground, couldnt use anything or mount. Tried to log off and on......back in 32 at login.

Then finally got into 31 about 45 minutes later and couldnt get out of it. I hung it up and logged till the next day to ride home.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 28 Feb 2018, 14:21

Blkdeath75 wrote:

JH's dont lag on Buyan?!? I heard Hodo say also that server 31 has no issues anymore either. Do you guys work for Bitbox?

I am in 32 and it crashes EVERY SINGLE DAY, MULTIPLE times a day. Not just during JH....I mean ALL the time. I'm convinced 32 runs on an old emachine with an Intel Celeron in it.

I usually log into this game around 7:30-8 CST weekdays, then play till 9-10pm. I seriously crash no less than 6 times a day.

And as far as 31 and "other surrounding servers" not even a week ago we were responding to an attack from 32 to an ally in 38 but we had to cross the CORNER of 31 to get there. We all dismounted walked across, tried to inspect to force server switch, BAM everyone crashed on inspect. Tried without inspecting ground, couldnt use anything or mount. Tried to log off and on......back in 32 at login.

Then finally got into 31 about 45 minutes later and couldnt get out of it. I hung it up and logged till the next day to ride home.

Wow rage much?

Saying I work for Bitbox... That is a laugh, that or you cant read. Either way I am going to laugh at you. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 01 Mar 2018, 02:39

Blkdeath75 wrote:
HolyAvengerOne wrote:

Well, I meant, "in my experience". It's really not as bad overall.

Monco

Post by Monco » 07 Mar 2018, 01:41

You have to wonder if the better performance during JH is due to their work or to the fact that population dropped badly.
In Avalon we have 2k during JH when in december we used to have 3.5k.
Noone is really happy about the current state of the game, PvPers don't have enough PvP, even PvErs are getting bored once they are done with the building phase.
I repeat it again, the only real content for now is the building phase and the lack of additional content is making more and more people leave.
If you look at the official discord people are still complaining about the opportunity of climbing walls out of JH, and that feature was removed more then 2 months ago.
That's some content unnecessarily removed and people are still asking to get it back because there's nothing else being added.
I mean we have different servers (PvP, standard and RP/PvE) maybe a solution would be to make it possible for the PvP server and not for the RP/PvE one.

Ilja
Zealous Believer

Post by Ilja » 07 Mar 2018, 14:08

Tbh even JH is kinda useless atm, you blow up the gatehouse/climb the walls, enter the town claim, and enemies just go hide inside the houses. For JH to mean anything at least we need option to open doors in houses inside town claim. The only good JH we got is when catching ppl outside their walls.

The guild spam isn't helping aswell, every major guild have few monuments: farming base, mining base, large stables base, and their castle, everything in town claim, everything 100% safe no matter what.

And now we end up with 2k pop for EU... on all three servers together. That is very sad state of the game.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 08 Mar 2018, 03:01

Ilja wrote:Tbh even JH is kinda useless atm, you blow up the gatehouse/climb the walls, enter the town claim, and enemies just go hide inside the houses. For JH to mean anything at least we need option to open doors in houses inside town claim.

Woah, I didn't realize that :(

Azzak
True Believer

Post by Azzak » 08 Mar 2018, 09:31

Some propositions for JH :

- Being able to open doors from buildings, excluding gates ofc, during JH is absolute necessity to make PVP at least enjoyable. At least you can kill everyone if you manage to scale the walls. They can still disconnect and not play.

- Second improvement would be to be able to loot some part of the town claim during JH, like carts and containers. Not warehouses, because there needs to be a safe space, but carts shouldn't. Precious stuff should go into warehouses that are in limited amount in a claim.
That would also prevent guilds from over-accumulating stuff, and make proper storage a necessity.
If this is overkill, make only a % of a cart capacity lootable, like 10%. Would still make raids damaging to a claim. And, like before, precious stuff should go into warehouses anyway.

- Maybe being able to damage a monument to reduce the radius could be fun to do ? Then you have an incentive to raid and protect your claim during JH. Monuments would be fully repaired at the end of JH but a small radius penalty would be applied if durability less than 50%.

Since guilds need to be at war in order to raid others during JH, small guilds without allies have to join a bigger kingdom in order to survive these troubled periods of time. This would happen anyway when siege battles would be implemented, so the game should not look for the survival of lonely small guilds a priority. They are going to die sooner or later anyway. Instead, these would make them prepared to fight back when sieges battles are implemented.

Also, if enemies can't scale the walls you are pretty much safe. Maybe this should be modified that you can damage gatehouses enough to make people get through the gates. Not destroying it, but damaging, so it is still easily fixed.

Agathius

Post by Agathius » 14 Mar 2018, 17:35

I think that production buildings being made only in realm would be a good solution for the lack of pvp
πόλεμος πάντων μὲν πατήρ ἐστι, πάντων δὲ βασιλεύς

Monco

Post by Monco » 19 Mar 2018, 02:35

Azzak wrote:Some propositions for JH :

- Being able to open doors from buildings, excluding gates ofc, during JH is absolute necessity to make PVP at least enjoyable. At least you can kill everyone if you manage to scale the walls. They can still disconnect and not play.

I agree with you, it's so frustrating that after you successfully climbed enemy walls they still have the opportunity to have this safe zone, buildings with a door.
Also give us back the opportunity to climb on walls out of the JH, there would still be a safe zone in that case which is a building with a door, it's a shame to see the world so empty, noone is moving around, noone is roaming, what's the point of having an open world MMO then?
To have people stay inside their bases all day or login only during JH or IBs?
Since with the IB petition you made a change only for Avalon maybe you could make it possible to have the old "bark boxing on walls out of JH" available only in Avalon since it's the "PvP" server, leaving other servers with a different playerbase relatively safe.
There's no point in having multiple servers with different tags if they are not so different between each others.

Monco

Post by Monco » 29 Mar 2018, 02:12

3 months later those problems are still there.
They are still considering the option of opening new servers which will split the population even more making them feel even more empty.
Major content update is expected to be in may, until that the current state of the game is worse then ever, population is dropping, servers feel empty due to unreasonable changes that killed roaming / open world PvP like the removal of boosting and the horse stamina change.

Ghofmann2

Post by Ghofmann2 » 29 Mar 2018, 15:16

Monco wrote:3 months later those problems are still there.......
Major content update is expected to be in may......

Just be patient and wait for future updates. I wouldn't worry too much about current population. Everyone is waiting for siege and other mechanics, fixes, polish, balance to be added.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 29 Mar 2018, 16:17

Ghofmann2 wrote:Just be patient and wait for future updates. I wouldn't worry too much about current population. Everyone is waiting for siege and other mechanics, fixes, polish, balance to be added.

My arent you the optimistic one?

Fact is most guilds on the NA Buyan server have quit. Or are in a "maintain" status, which is just login and pay for the monument then log out.

It's a sad sign when you have major guilds like Hyperion(Wessex), Banners of Athel Loren, and even the Chinese guilds having massive population issues or just giving up on the game as a whole.

Wessex released a statement in their forums on how they are no longer supporting LIF-MMO. So there goes a significant carebear population right there.

Monco

Post by Monco » 31 Mar 2018, 02:42

Ghofmann2 wrote:
Monco wrote:3 months later those problems are still there.......
Major content update is expected to be in may......

Just be patient and wait for future updates. I wouldn't worry too much about current population. Everyone is waiting for siege and other mechanics, fixes, polish, balance to be added.

I'm just pointing out what the current state of the game is, which is worse then what it was before.
This topic was opened in December and since then the state of the game just got worse instead of improving due to absolutely nonsense decisions.
Opening new servers hoping to get more population (how does that even work?) while in fact you just split it more making the world feel more empty, stagnant.
The removal of boosting which killed small scale raiding or roaming, this also contributed to making the server feel more empty because there is less people moving around. It also generated new bugs like horses stucking in each others and fucking up hitboxes even more.
Horse stamina change or "nerf", this is a "open world killer" too, it damaged trading and roaming at the same time.

Azzak
True Believer

Post by Azzak » 01 Apr 2018, 13:33

Just add "siege ladders" already, that we can use all the time even outside JH, that can be used to scale stone walls, that's what we ask.

I can understand that barkboxing didn't feel real, it does not mean in middle ages nobody scaled walls at all !

For stone walls make siege ladders, and siege towers for castle walls. Then ppl would love PVP again.

The best way to destroy your enemies right now is denying them any PVP fight and let them quit out of boredom. It work really well I can tell you that.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 02 Apr 2018, 13:00

Azzak wrote:
The best way to destroy your enemies right now is denying them any PVP fight and let them quit out of boredom. It work really well I can tell you that.

Working like a charm...

Buyan population has dropped to 1/3rd of its population at the beginning of the year.

They wont have server issues if no one plays. :Yahoo!:

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 04 Apr 2018, 15:05

Hodo wrote:
Azzak wrote:

Working like a charm...

Buyan population has dropped to 1/3rd of its population at the beginning of the year.

They wont have server issues if no one plays. :Yahoo!:

I found CIS's region numbers more alarming (like, 50-odds since its launch?). Not sure what they were expecting, but this seems abysmally low.

TheBruce

Post by TheBruce » 04 Apr 2018, 15:30

Pop on EU servers dropped under 2k, devs are working on shovel skins and decoration to pay with real money and seems they're not caring that the game's adrift.
I mean, if there are 600 players on Avalon there's an average of 12 players per server and i used to play on yo servers with more than 50 per day even with full loot and fully destroyable castles.
Making the game so safe killed it, i hope devs will make the game faster, faster in terraforming/working, faster skill rate (cause using grinding mechanics to make people play will end like it's ending right now) and start using the yo jh policy with no safe zone nor town claim.
I'd like to see a game where you can raze a castle to the ground or conquer one and where the guild who lost it can occupy another castle or resettle in an acceptable time (more than a month for building a base castle, for people who can't play 8h a day is madness to me).

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 05 Apr 2018, 00:56

TheBruce wrote:Pop on EU servers dropped under 2k, devs are working on shovel skins and decoration to pay with real money and seems they're not caring that the game's adrift.
I mean, if there are 600 players on Avalon there's an average of 12 players per server and i used to play on yo servers with more than 50 per day even with full loot and fully destroyable castles.
Making the game so safe killed it, i hope devs will make the game faster, faster in terraforming/working, faster skill rate (cause using grinding mechanics to make people play will end like it's ending right now) and start using the yo jh policy with no safe zone nor town claim.
I'd like to see a game where you can raze a castle to the ground or conquer one and where the guild who lost it can occupy another castle or resettle in an acceptable time (more than a month for building a base castle, for people who can't play 8h a day is madness to me).

First of all, it seems we have to keep reminding you folks that art team is not the same team that works on other stuff. So while they work on skins, game models etc, the rest of the team from different departments work on bugfixes, server optimization and stability, tweaking and improving game balance, new features etc. We are a small team but not THAT small.

Second, the thing you are talking about - destroying castles etc - will be possible once we implement Sieges. This will happen once everything works as intended. We are doing our best to deliver functioning game mechanics that will work properly and not cause annoyance. I hope you can understand that folks.

Azzak
True Believer

Post by Azzak » 05 Apr 2018, 17:13

There are ways to allow ppl to destroy your enemy without destroying their claim.

If you make a system that during JH :

- You can damage walls (and only walls) up to 20% durability, at that point you can put a siege ladder to scale the damaged walls
- You can open doors of houses and warehouses

Then we can already have fun.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 05 Apr 2018, 23:30

Arrakis wrote:
TheBruce wrote:Pop on EU servers dropped under 2k, devs are working on shovel skins and decoration to pay with real money and seems they're not caring that the game's adrift.

First of all, it seems we have to keep reminding you folks that art team is not the same team that works on other stuff. So while they work on skins, game models etc, the rest of the team from different departments work on bugfixes, server optimization and stability, tweaking and improving game balance, new features etc. We are a small team but not THAT small.

Second, the thing you are talking about - destroying castles etc - will be possible once we implement Sieges. This will happen once everything works as intended. We are doing our best to deliver functioning game mechanics that will work properly and not cause annoyance. I hope you can understand that folks.

I think we can understand that, man.

At least a few of us for sure also hope you can understand how the tone of your post might sound, for some people. It's possibly just because of the translation, but I think these same concepts you explain here, they can be advantageously explained and understood very well by using a rather more conciliatory and agreeable tone than was used here.

But I also understands your frustration; people can be extremely large assholes on the interwebs, and respect certainly breeds respect. And it's for that exact reason, if you want those community members to respect you, that you need to make them feel respected -- whether that's the case or not 8-)

Keep up the good work and be nice, eh?? :friends:

Return to General Discussion