Current state of the game

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Monco

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Monco » 06 Apr 2018, 14:18

Arrakis wrote:
TheBruce wrote:Pop on EU servers dropped under 2k, devs are working on shovel skins and decoration to pay with real money and seems they're not caring that the game's adrift.
I mean, if there are 600 players on Avalon there's an average of 12 players per server and i used to play on yo servers with more than 50 per day even with full loot and fully destroyable castles.
Making the game so safe killed it, i hope devs will make the game faster, faster in terraforming/working, faster skill rate (cause using grinding mechanics to make people play will end like it's ending right now) and start using the yo jh policy with no safe zone nor town claim.
I'd like to see a game where you can raze a castle to the ground or conquer one and where the guild who lost it can occupy another castle or resettle in an acceptable time (more than a month for building a base castle, for people who can't play 8h a day is madness to me).

First of all, it seems we have to keep reminding you folks that art team is not the same team that works on other stuff. So while they work on skins, game models etc, the rest of the team from different departments work on bugfixes, server optimization and stability, tweaking and improving game balance, new features etc. We are a small team but not THAT small.

Second, the thing you are talking about - destroying castles etc - will be possible once we implement Sieges. This will happen once everything works as intended. We are doing our best to deliver functioning game mechanics that will work properly and not cause annoyance. I hope you can understand that folks.

Sieges won't bring back all people lost due to lack of content and nonsense overprotective changes because they give what like 1 hour of content each week? The game needs something that keeps people playing everyday once their guild is established.
The only real content is the early / early/mid game which is the building phase, once that is over people start to get bored because there is nothing else they can do.
In a server like avalon (PvP) for exemple once the building phase is over, most people would get interested in raiding but since the removal of "boosting" and "barkboxing" that is possible only during JH and still with a safezone, a closed door.
It doesn't make sense that in a PvP server all the PvP is pretty much consensual, especially in a hardcore game like this one.

from https://lifeisfeudal.com/game-info

"Hardcore
Free PvP and full loot, sieges and raids"

"Free PvP"
PvP is not free since it's pretty much consensual and it always allow the opportunity of a safe zone

"Full loot"
this is wrong too since you can't loot a town claim during JH

"sieges"
not ingame yet

"raids"
almost completely removed from the game since the removal of boosting and barkboxing and restriced only during JH, where there is still the opportunity of having a safezone.

This is literally fake advertising.
For many ppl saturday's AMA will be the last chance they give to this game, I want to wait for the may update, if nothing changes well I give up too as many did before me just by looking at servers population.

Xarrazz

Post by Xarrazz » 06 Apr 2018, 14:43

[quote="Monco"][/quote]
Spot on, I don't even bother to log in anymore since there is nothing to do, I'm just waiting (and hoping) that things change.

TheBruce

Post by TheBruce » 06 Apr 2018, 16:48

Arrakis wrote:
TheBruce wrote:Pop on EU servers dropped under 2k, devs are working on shovel skins and decoration to pay with real money and seems they're not caring that the game's adrift.
I mean, if there are 600 players on Avalon there's an average of 12 players per server and i used to play on yo servers with more than 50 per day even with full loot and fully destroyable castles.
Making the game so safe killed it, i hope devs will make the game faster, faster in terraforming/working, faster skill rate (cause using grinding mechanics to make people play will end like it's ending right now) and start using the yo jh policy with no safe zone nor town claim.
I'd like to see a game where you can raze a castle to the ground or conquer one and where the guild who lost it can occupy another castle or resettle in an acceptable time (more than a month for building a base castle, for people who can't play 8h a day is madness to me).

First of all, it seems we have to keep reminding you folks that art team is not the same team that works on other stuff. So while they work on skins, game models etc, the rest of the team from different departments work on bugfixes, server optimization and stability, tweaking and improving game balance, new features etc. We are a small team but not THAT small.

Second, the thing you are talking about - destroying castles etc - will be possible once we implement Sieges. This will happen once everything works as intended. We are doing our best to deliver functioning game mechanics that will work properly and not cause annoyance. I hope you can understand that folks.

Not the first time i answer you about this, i know quite well art team is not the "other stuff" ones, maybe you're investing too much on the wrong team.
It's not a broken mechanics that annoy people, we're all used to that, it's being teased with great announcement while nothing really changes. I don't care if you're going to laugh at this comment, or if you're going just to skip it, servers are actually losing people, a lot, and players are bored and go play other games, even big guilds are now recruiting spasmodically (even tho there's no one new). To me facts are more important than all announcement and speech around.
I'm annoyed by the end that seems so near of this game that i thought it had great growing chances, but chances after a while means nothing if not taken.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 06 Apr 2018, 17:30

Xarrazz wrote:
Monco wrote:

Spot on, I don't even bother to log in anymore since there is nothing to do, I'm just waiting (and hoping) that things change.

Daily 2-hrs JH would solve problems. But people are too scared to try it, go figure.

I have little hope that stance will change with the new networking stuff, sadly.
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Agathius

Post by Agathius » 06 Apr 2018, 18:32

Daily JH will NOT solve problems.
Most of "Red" Side on Avalon is just bored cause enemies have learnt not to build on realm claim.

What most of us can do with is one JH a week in the best prime time (Weekend probably) but have destruction on everything. However, this must be done when there's no lagg. Recently the news were they're working on lagg so who knows, maybe they've something open world like this in mind?

Back to the point though, JH daily will not solve anything.
πόλεμος πάντων μὲν πατήρ ἐστι, πάντων δὲ βασιλεύς

Tashka

Post by Tashka » 06 Apr 2018, 19:46

> What most of us can do with is one JH a week in the best prime time (Weekend probably) but have destruction on everything.

That's 2 hours of content in a week. A week of not logging in is more than enough to never log in anymore. Really there should be something less harsh than destruction of a monument but available every day.
Shadow queen, tyrant, crooked whore, bloody goddess, Princess of Verna, self-proclaimed Queen in Kingdom of the North (Epleland)

Books for the people! - a client mod to let you write books and messages

Ilja
Zealous Believer

Post by Ilja » 06 Apr 2018, 21:05

Well bark boxing outside of JH would bring back tons of content and then one maybe two JH per week would be enough, but we had whiny bastards complaining about that not being "realistic". It killed off raiding by 70% leaving rest 30% for lancers roaming around farmlands. Tho nowdays u dont even meet lancers.

Agathius

Post by Agathius » 07 Apr 2018, 02:58

Tashka Avalon is different than Epleland. At this moment no one does ANYTHING on JH's. I prefer there being old style JH cause it'll give initiative for crafting some stuff to defend and initiative for actually being online.

These JH's now, no one builds on realm claim and we rarely have action. We've been sleeping 4 weeks now. That's why i prefer 2 hours of actual JH and not daily even JH only on realm claim.
πόλεμος πάντων μὲν πατήρ ἐστι, πάντων δὲ βασιλεύς

Monco

Post by Monco » 07 Apr 2018, 23:41

So as confirmed by Bobik during the AMA, current state of the game:
dead until the end of may content patch, then we'll see.

Monco

Post by Monco » 07 Apr 2018, 23:50

Ilja wrote:Well bark boxing outside of JH would bring back tons of content and then one maybe two JH per week would be enough, but we had whiny bastards complaining about that not being "realistic". It killed off raiding by 70% leaving rest 30% for lancers roaming around farmlands. Tho nowdays u dont even meet lancers.

I agree with you, the removal of barkboxing and boosting literally killed raiding, helping the server feel more stagnant and empty since there is basically noone moving around, especially after 5 months into wipe.
Most of the guilds are established and noone has a reason to login in the game because it offers them nothing to do.

Hutt
True Believer

Post by Hutt » 10 Apr 2018, 02:05

IMHO town claim rules are ok, but private claims ruined the game for months. Only influence zones saved it a bit.

Many players just stopped playing as nothing to do in game. PVE is ready. PVP on rarely happens on JHs. Often there is no reason for defenders to come to fight.

Somethings I would like to see:

1. PVE battles. Something simple and fun to do with your guild with groups of 8-12 people. Instant battles again AI. No skill loss or equipment/skill loss, so everyone could freely use their best gear. Start with animals, end with huge groups of natives. Each win gets you to higher level. Leaderboard about best clans. Could mix human mercenaries on AI side also.

2. Arena PVP. Casual challenge of other groups to IBs. Not equipment/skill loss. Just casual fun fights.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 10 Apr 2018, 12:34

Hutt wrote:IMHO town claim rules are ok, but private claims ruined the game for months. Only influence zones saved it a bit.

Many players just stopped playing as nothing to do in game. PVE is ready. PVP on rarely happens on JHs. Often there is no reason for defenders to come to fight.

Somethings I would like to see:

1. PVE battles. Something simple and fun to do with your guild with groups of 8-12 people. Instant battles again AI. No skill loss or equipment/skill loss, so everyone could freely use their best gear. Start with animals, end with huge groups of natives. Each win gets you to higher level. Leaderboard about best clans. Could mix human mercenaries on AI side also.

2. Arena PVP. Casual challenge of other groups to IBs. Not equipment/skill loss. Just casual fun fights.

1- Maybe.. but not likely as the AI in this game is laughable at best.

2- LOL no... just no. There is YO for that.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Grimmblut
Zealous Believer

Post by Grimmblut » 10 Apr 2018, 17:56

I have made these three proposals and messaged devs and mods about it:

1. Spawn special trading carts with valuables on the map at the beginning of each JH. The inventory of those carts can only be accessed outside of JH and they can always be moved, no matter if inside or outside a claim. Disable the creation of private claims and guild monuments during JH. Mark the position of each such special cart on the map, viewable for every player during JH.
  2. Create teams of trusted players from one world and give them special accounts with wildling characters ( like those NPCs that are to be added during the May update) on other worlds. These players then get the mission to group up at position X and perform mission goal Y (raid a settlement or so). That way you wouldn't have to care about AI mechanics as all wildlings would be played by humans. The cross-world criteria would make sure that no one of the wildling players would profit from harming a certain faction. Of course these accounts would only be active when such a raid is scheduled.
  3. Double the loss of claim radius for a lost IB if the loser didn't join the battle with at least 50% of the numbers the winner did. We Askanier needed 10 IBs to reduce a T3 monument to T1 and the defender didn't even attend a single battle. It's not just that it cost us 60 gold and 60 steel ingots to remove a troll claim in our mainland that cost our enemies only peanuts, but ca. 50 players had to stand ready 10 times during 6 days for nothing. That was a extremely frustrating.

So far no one seemed interested in any of those ideas.

Clamier

Post by Clamier » 11 Apr 2018, 12:13

Your skins pricing is total fallen on the head to the fact of the state of the game...

so greedy it hurts...

Falcion
True Believer

Post by Falcion » 12 Apr 2018, 12:40

Ok a lot of people are saying "not enough PvP"...so why don't all of those people just make a topic to meet up at a random serwer in specific hours?

You will have an element of surprise cause you don't know if someone will bring 10 lancers or 8 inflantry/bowmen.

You will have to look for one another and it allows you to lay ambushes on one another.

You can even make a base of operations.

No real rules except one maybe: no naked fighters, bring something to the table except your sorry a** to kill :P .

If there will be enough people willing to go for it there could be challenges like bring horse cart from one place to another with specific loot while others will try to stop you.
Game is a true sandbox, it's your responsibility how you use the tools given to you.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 12 Apr 2018, 14:14

Falcion wrote:Ok a lot of people are saying "not enough PvP"...so why don't all of those people just make a topic to meet up at a random serwer in specific hours?

You will have an element of surprise cause you don't know if someone will bring 10 lancers or 8 inflantry/bowmen.

You will have to look for one another and it allows you to lay ambushes on one another.

You can even make a base of operations.

No real rules except one maybe: no naked fighters, bring something to the table except your sorry a** to kill :P .

If there will be enough people willing to go for it there could be challenges like bring horse cart from one place to another with specific loot while others will try to stop you.
Game is a true sandbox, it's your responsibility how you use the tools given to you.

There is no point in that PVP... that is the issue. People want wars that have a result, not just mindless pvp. If they wanted that there is 2 dozen other games that do that better and are far more stable.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Dark_Knight

Post by Dark_Knight » 12 Apr 2018, 15:58

May patch is basically "make it or break it"

I am very concerned that Bobik is somewhat secretive about details of the patch, rather than publish all changes and features that coming up.
( sounds awfully like delaying collapse )

I am very concerned by monetization strategy bitbox is using.
Looks awfully like typical Russian "garb now as much as you can"

I am very concerned about lack of flexibility/adaptivity/willingness to hear players by dev team.

these things point to rather negative outcome of May patch.

I still hope they are going to pull a miracle. But that would require decent PvE combat/NPC fort sieges in May patch, and as Hodo mentioned, AI in this game is primitive.

Ghofmann2

Post by Ghofmann2 » 12 Apr 2018, 17:02

Dark_Knight wrote:May patch is basically "make it or break it"
I am very concerned by monetization strategy bitbox is using.

Really? Selling cosmetics is what the player base has been asking from every other game and is generally considered to be a totally fair monetization strategy. If your complaint is about the power hours, I think they're totally fair as well. I'm shocked anytime someone complains about this aspect of the game. Let them sell skins for whatever price they want. The point is that the game is not pay to win, and that is a rare thing in today's gaming economy. Give credit where credit is due.

Dark_Knight wrote:I still hope they are going to pull a miracle. But that would require decent PvE combat/NPC fort sieges in May patch, and as Hodo mentioned, AI in this game is primitive.

I don't think the game needs NPCs at all. They would be a nice feature, but not a must have. We just need the siege mechanics to get the full game loop in place. Other than that, I think the game is in a pretty good state and I'm stoked to see what's in the coming updates.

I'm still super hopeful that this game will be a smashing success. Sad to see so many players complaining and leaving, but I'm not surprised at all. This happens with every single game in open development.

Falcion
True Believer

Post by Falcion » 13 Apr 2018, 06:28

Hodo wrote:
Falcion wrote:...

There is no point in that PVP... that is the issue. People want wars that have a result, not just mindless pvp. If they wanted that there is 2 dozen other games that do that better and are far more stable.

I would think so too if I wouldn't see so many people so eager to kill a farmer or a miner or a roadbuilder just for kicks of it.

As it sometimes take several hours to complete any bigger task, such minior harassment usually takes away a hour of work and it's nothing compared to the big picture.

Tashka

Post by Tashka » 13 Apr 2018, 07:55

Ghofmann2 wrote:Really? Selling cosmetics is what the player base has been asking from every other game and is generally considered to be a totally fair monetization strategy.

Well i'm more concerned about tickets. With enough cash put into game one can spam guild monuments and with ZoI mechanics it's already P2W.
Shadow queen, tyrant, crooked whore, bloody goddess, Princess of Verna, self-proclaimed Queen in Kingdom of the North (Epleland)

Books for the people! - a client mod to let you write books and messages

Hugues_de_Payens

Post by Hugues_de_Payens » 16 Apr 2018, 21:22

Grimmblut wrote:I have made these three proposals and messaged devs and mods about it:

1. Spawn special trading carts with valuables on the map at the beginning of each JH. The inventory of those carts can only be accessed outside of JH and they can always be moved, no matter if inside or outside a claim. Disable the creation of private claims and guild monuments during JH. Mark the position of each such special cart on the map, viewable for every player during JH.
  2. Create teams of trusted players from one world and give them special accounts with wildling characters ( like those NPCs that are to be added during the May update) on other worlds. These players then get the mission to group up at position X and perform mission goal Y (raid a settlement or so). That way you wouldn't have to care about AI mechanics as all wildlings would be played by humans. The cross-world criteria would make sure that no one of the wildling players would profit from harming a certain faction. Of course these accounts would only be active when such a raid is scheduled.
  3. Double the loss of claim radius for a lost IB if the loser didn't join the battle with at least 50% of the numbers the winner did. We Askanier needed 10 IBs to reduce a T3 monument to T1 and the defender didn't even attend a single battle. It's not just that it cost us 60 gold and 60 steel ingots to remove a troll claim in our mainland that cost our enemies only peanuts, but ca. 50 players had to stand ready 10 times during 6 days for nothing. That was a extremely frustrating.

Thats because he knows "better" ;)

IamHe

Post by IamHe » 16 Apr 2018, 21:46

Grimmblut wrote:I have made these three proposals and messaged devs and mods about it:

suggestion 1 sounds great, suggestion 3 sounds good suggestion 2 though sounds horrible on so many levels thats it hard to believe anyone who ever played mmo would seriously think its a good suggestion

Monco

Post by Monco » 20 Apr 2018, 14:59

Re: We were deceived. I want all my money back.
Post by Arrakis » 02 Jan 2018, 14:40

From what I see, this topic serves only a purpose of raising an unnecessary drama.

We have blocked the ability to get through walls with bark boxes, horses and stacking players because those were exploits. Those exploits pretty much rendered built walls useless. All hard work done by players to protect their settlements was completely nullified and it needed to be fixed.

You still can use bark boxes and similar means to get through walls during Judgment Hour, but you can no longer harass people 24/7 with said exploits. So you still have Open World PvP, but minus exploits that made any kind of defenseless utterly useless. If you want to get through walls and kill people, either wait for Judgment Hour or wait for some poor soul to open the gate for you.

we-were-deceived-i-want-all-my-money-back-t31543/

I just found this gem again, that made my day. :ROFL:
Just give us more protection please because that's what is keeping the game alive, make it so you can kill someone only during JH so we can stay afk in our bases for more time and feel so happy about the useless castles we built.
There is a game called Life is Feudal Your Own if you want to play build a castle simulator, the MMO was advertised as an HARDCORE OPEN WORLD PVP SANDBOX.

Azzak
True Believer

Post by Azzak » 21 Apr 2018, 17:36

Why raiding while people can hide in their houses during JH ? At least give us ability to open buildings doors at that time...

And increase JH frequency to everyday for PVP server such as Avalon. These only 2 things would greatly help.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 21 Apr 2018, 21:24

This game was never supposed to be a "safe-place" game. The reason it's dead / dying is because Bobik decided to make it "easy" for the general gaming public instead of keeping it hardcore. They are already down the rabbit-hole now though and it will be interesting to see where they land. I wonder if the metrics they are looking at are an accurate model for what's actually going on with their game.

We sold 23 plate helm skins this week. We're doing good boys!!! Keep it up!! (Meanwhile, player-base has dropped over 75%)

The game back in 2014 was originally described as a NICHE game for hardcore pvpers. Is that what it is now? Does anyone actually believe that's what it is now?

The only thing that makes sense is that Bobik is trying to fuck his game up on purpose for some reason?
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 22 Apr 2018, 13:51

Ishamael wrote:This game was never supposed to be a "safe-place" game. The reason it's dead / dying is because Bobik decided to make it "easy" for the general gaming public instead of keeping it hardcore.

Not false, but I think it's worse than that.

By failing to uphold the original vision which was more core PVP, less forgiving, it alienated many "wolf" amongst the players/long-time followers of the game, but not only that. Now with some of the remaining features which are still pretty hardcore, they also failed to attract more of the softer "sheeps".

As a result, I feel like they're in place right now where they can't cater to either crowd properly and are stuck in a weird middle... Not sure how they can get out of this.
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Sunleader

Post by Sunleader » 22 Apr 2018, 17:41

Wolfs dont Kill everything and anyone Randomly. And dont Attack Settlements unless they are absolutely Desperate.

So please call RPK and Griefer Scum what they are. RPK and Griefer Scum.

As for the Current State of the Game.
Well. We currently got no Game to be Honest.
Since there is no Content to Play with.

Currently we have neither a PvP nor a PvE Game.

Its not a PvP Game clearly.
We got Insane Grinds for Skills and Materials.
We got an Insanely high Requirement for New Players to actually get Fighting Gear and gain the Skills to Fight.
And on top of that. We have absolutely nothing to Gain from Fighting others.
Needless to say that the Combat is Wonky and Completely Ridiculous.

But its not a PvE Game either.
We got almost no NPCs to Fight.
We got no Reason to Fight NPCs even if there were any.
We got no other Content aside from Grinding Ressources either.
And even the Builder Aspect is entirely Blocked as there is Simply no Reason to Build things and the Decay Kills any Buildings outside the Claims anyways.

For this Game to get PvP again.
What we would need would be First and Foremost a Massive Reduction in Grinding Requirement to actually get the Skills to make Armor and Weapons.
In Short we would need to completely Rework the Skill Tree. And allow Weapons and Armor to be Crafted much much Earlier in the Game. So New Players can actually get Gear to Fight.

Then we would need a Reason to Fight.
This doesnt even need to be Local Ressources or something.
One Simple thing we could do is that we allow Guilds to Forcefully Extract a Tribute from other Guilds by Defeating them in War.
When a War is Declared on a Guild.
So that if you Win a War against another Guild. Their Guild Monument Upkeep gets more Expensive. And this Extra Money. Will be Delivered to the Winners Guild Fortress every Ingame Day.

A Second easy Reason would be to Allow Guilds to Extend their Influence and Claim Range. By Building Outposts.
These Outposts would need to be build Within Influence Range.
They would Cost Additional Upkeep of course and would have a Small Claim (Realm Claim not Town Claim) Size as well as an Influence Size which is Added onto the Main Monuments Influence Size.
Only Available to Guilds that already own a Maxed out Monument of course.

This could be done same way as the main Monument.
Tier 1 = Lookout Tower
Would be a Wooden Scout Tower.
Giving 16 Tiles (So a Square of 4x4) of Realm Claim.
And a 20 Tiles Radius for Influence.
Upkeep of 5 Silver per Ingame Day.

Tier 2 = Guard Tower
Would be a Stone Tower
Giving Radius of 5 Tiles of Realm Claim.
And a 30 Tiles Radius for Influence.
Upkeep of 10 Silver per Ingame Day.

Tier 3 = Small Outpost
Would be a Small Keep
Giving Radius of 10 Tiles of Realm Claim.
And a 50 Tiles Radius for Influence.
Upkeep of 50 Silver per Ingame Day.

Tier 4 = Fortified Outpost
Would be a Keep (Masonry 90 Keep)
Giving Radius of 10 Tiles of Realm Claim.
And a 80 Tiles Radius for Influence.
Upkeep of 1 Gold per Ingame Day.

The Outposts are Build in their Respective Tier and cannot be Upgraded.

This would Give Players an Actual Reason to Fight.
As Guilds could actually Extend a True Kingdom.

For PvE Gaming. We most of all would need NPCs.
Both in the City and as Enemies.

Sharoplet

Post by Sharoplet » 23 Apr 2018, 08:49

Sunleader wrote:bla bla bla

Do you understand that all these changes you write about will cost developers 2-3 months or even more? And after that 2-3 months you could see nobody in the game, so even they implement something sweet, it could be possible, that these changes would be useless, as nobody will play their game at that time.

They have to rework their current gameplay to give people content to play, first PVE content, as PVE is the core why people are spending lots of time in the game. Why people begin to leave is that after building castles and outposts they have nothing to do. Why lots of russians left Avalon and go to new Russian server? Because they could work on their castles there and spend time together.

The problem of PVP here in MMO is that it will be always winning side - alliance that will dominate on the global map and other alliances that will lose will be dissapointed because of non stop defeats (IBs, JHs etc). I don't know how to stabilize this problem, maybe devs could try system with auto balancing side who fight against each other (for example making 3 kingdoms as we have 3 races in the game) and autosplitting guilds on these kingdoms so the numbers would be pretty equally. Still these changes also need time for developing, so I really don't know what will be in May, but I know pretty sure, that if they wouldn't fix current bugs during this week, I probably leave the game

Arevin

Post by Arevin » 23 Apr 2018, 11:10

I have been playing LIF MMO for about 3 weeks. I have dutifully trained my character and helped the guild with its war and production efforts. All seemed ok, until I witnessed first hand the PvP system.

Everyone said the lag and animations were sub par - now I see they are.

Purposely being glitched by Chinese Players:
They all say that combat is glitched with the Chinese, because when ever you get near a Chinese player, the NA player gets one action or swing, and then starts glitching out. I have seen this myself - Riding close to a Chinese player, my horse just glitched and stopped, my whole character froze for a good 30 seconds. I could do nothing. The Chinese player knew this, because he got off his horse, put on his armor, and sat down, and waited. I could not put my armor on. There was nothing I could do.
That is the state of PVP with the Chinese on NA servers.
We used to have this same issue in Eve-Online with the Russians - 10+ years ago! They fixed it, it's a long known gaming issue with solutions. The Russian devs of this game either didn't do their homework, or don't care about EU/NA players.

Also, not many games are stupid enough to allow players from other regions play on distant region servers because of this. The glitching is known by all, and will negatively impact the game and their companies reputation.

Being part of the IB Coalition of NA players, we have fought the IB battles and have given up on that also. When we get equal numbers, NA teams have 30% disconnects by the end of the battle, the Chinese have about 10% - consistently. Putting that unfairness on top of an already glitched system, has made IBs a loss fest.

Most have either quit LIF MMO or are giving it until May patch, and if that does not address these long standing issues - they are leaving.

I've been playing for 3 weeks, and this is the first I have seen of a game so badly done driving away players, never to return, in my long gaming career.

The instant fix is this - remove the Chinese players from all non-Chinese servers. Do it now, NA and EU players will be happy to fight each other; until such a time as the devs 100% fix their server balance/ping/lag/glitched connections.

Otherwise, this game is done.
Now is the time for all good American men and women to rise to the defense of our country, Trump has become a clear and present danger to the nation. :evil:

Mahtafa
True Believer

Post by Mahtafa » 23 Apr 2018, 12:22

Araevin wrote: The instant fix is this - remove the Chinese players from all non-Chinese servers.

dont think the chinese would take that too well, seeing as theres less than 500 players in their servers lol

Return to General Discussion