Current state of the game

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Agathius

Re: Current state of the game

Post by Agathius » 29 Aug 2018, 13:31

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :lol: :lol: :lol: This guy lmao
πόλεμος πάντων μὲν πατήρ ἐστι, πάντων δὲ βασιλεύς

Alan.karcich

Post by Alan.karcich » 10 Oct 2018, 05:42

I've got to agree with Sunleader on this. I left the game for the same reasons as he mentions and proposes a solid argument for avoiding changes that only encourage more dissent. I wish you two could discuss some options that compromise or get Bobik to discuss and consider them. I think this game had more promise of greatness than any MMORPG since Vanguard Saga of Heroes (yes i do realize an MMORPG isn't quite the same as this sandbox MMO, and yes I do realize Vanguard was dwarfed by games such as eq1 and eq2 and guild wars 2 and especially WoWarcraft, but in my defense those games didn't have nearly as much promise as Vanguard, Ill always remember it as the game that SONY had that was [poised to take down WoWarcraft but simply just threw away for no justifiable reason, unless it was because Vanguard actually required some skill and a learning curve, and a decent graphics card to show the beauty of the Telon world.). SO it's only dismaying to me to leave for eight months and come back to see that very little has changed.

I strongly feel that the devs, Bobik, you two guys, all of us need to make some compromises but get people to try this game for more than an hour or two and or come back to get the number of players that will 1) make it fun to play again (even at night, that's for you Australians wink) 2)the fun will change the reviews even if its slow and get those enticing people to play, 3)the reviews coupled with people coming back to play a game that's gotten fun again, 4) more players will mean more money made by the dev team, and 5) now that the dev team is making money again they will stop this spiral downward which is partially fueled trying to please everyone at once and then can focus on the important issues fixing in-game crashing lag etc etc.

I don't mind paying a little for that. I've BEEN SAYING THAT FOR A WHILE. I WOULDNT MIND PAYING A MONTHLY FEE IDF THEY REALLY COULD MAKE THE GAME FUN AGAIN.

Agathius

Post by Agathius » 12 Oct 2018, 14:11

I agree with some of the things Sunleader said like no content in PVE and much else like pvp on the carebear srvs that shouldn't exist since they're supposed to be PVE.

But hearing his arguementation of 'People left from a PvP server because pvp was re enabled' is kind of odd especially since PVP servers were and are still the most active even with the game dead. Then there's a lot of flaws and lack of subjectiveness in many points that he makes, and highly debatable while the proof stated is mostly graphic and contradicts the experiences of many on the PvP servers.

Nonetheless i do agree in some point all suggestions would be used to make the game better and your positivity is nice to see, but i've already lost all hope of mine ever since the last AMA's etc. There's problems in both PvP and PvE that i do not see getting better and it honestly does not seem like the Dev team is learning from the past.

But the main problem ever that you would've noticed is how they tried to appease both sides through moderate fixes, which made the populace believe like this:

PvE players : Bobik is appeasing PvPers!
PvP players : Bobik is appeasing PvErs!

I Think that's the price to pay for moderation in actions. You can easily see it in the arguements before with Sunleader, Dave and many others. Their points contradict heavily but they all seem kind of true for PvErs and PvPers depending on who each person represents.

But it would've been so simple to enable PvP in pvp worlds and PvE in PVE worlds withought making actions such as removing barkboxing in all worlds; Instead it would've been done in Epleland only. But, oh well, i suppose it's too late now, rofl

Monco

Post by Monco » 01 Mar 2019, 21:16

Apparently today "Barkboxing" outside of JH has been removed in Godenland.

There is very little risk involved for defenders when they get "barkboxed" out of JH since literally the only thing that attackers can do is kill them and still THEY HAVE THE OPTION OF A SAFEZONE which is a building with a door.

This limitation in the PvP gameplay is completely unnecessary and it already caused massive harm to the game when it was removed more then a year ago, we don't want these carebear changes in godenland.

We have Epleland there for a reason, we also have protectorates in Godenland why do you need to limit the "PvP gameplay" even more?

MoncoToday at 21:50
if my group would like to raid someone at 4 am during the weekend just to get some pvp why shouldn't we able to?

BobikToday at 21:52
because others are not ready for this and should not be

If this is the mentality of this "Hardcore" game well i'm afraid I'm about to change my review from positive to negative again.

It was said that Godenland would have had old red world town claim ruleset and you were able to carry movable objects in there.

Agathius

Post by Agathius » 01 Mar 2019, 21:25

Yep. Once more, all the same story.
How many times do you need to see this, Bobik?

PvP is needed in life is feudal. People want open world, risk, Fights, raids, politics, alliances etc.

If you start step by step cutting down PvP again (Correct me if you are doing otherwise and reading this) history will once more get repeated. We want to fight we want a pvp game.

One thing:

You enabled actual fighting for a while. Real JH. At that time, do you know how me and the raiders we got with felt? Actual pvp, actual scaling, real JH, we were so happy it's unimaginable. It reminded me personally of old days in LiF. People felt risk for a while, people hid our items so enemies don't take them in JH. Even our enemies tried to attack us with Sledgehammers cause they thought they would destroy our claim! Which was fun, we had a GREAT fight!

And now not only did that get disabled, but now also we won't be able to bark box. Like, why? Who is telling Bobik 'Do this, it'll do good to the game'? I don't understand man, i don't know, i am just lost xD

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 05 Mar 2019, 01:44

Ahem
Let it be known that armor sucks.
That is all.
Do yourselves a favor and run 80+ agi

Josh4461
Zealous Believer

Post by Josh4461 » 07 Mar 2019, 15:23

Agathius wrote:Yep. Once more, all the same story.
How many times do you need to see this, Bobik?

PvP is needed in life is feudal. People want open world, risk, Fights, raids, politics, alliances etc.

If you start step by step cutting down PvP again (Correct me if you are doing otherwise and reading this) history will once more get repeated. We want to fight we want a pvp game.

One thing:

You enabled actual fighting for a while. Real JH. At that time, do you know how me and the raiders we got with felt? Actual pvp, actual scaling, real JH, we were so happy it's unimaginable. It reminded me personally of old days in LiF. People felt risk for a while, people hid our items so enemies don't take them in JH. Even our enemies tried to attack us with Sledgehammers cause they thought they would destroy our claim! Which was fun, we had a GREAT fight!

And now not only did that get disabled, but now also we won't be able to bark box. Like, why? Who is telling Bobik 'Do this, it'll do good to the game'? I don't understand man, i don't know, i am just lost xD

This ^ x 1000.

What happens when you limit PVP? The game becomes stagnant and boring. People amass too much stuff and then there is no risk, no reward.

Last server I could die 50 times with full t2 and I wouldn't bat an eye because we had so much gear since noone could ever get into our base. And if they magically dropped 20 IB's and won them in a row they couldn't even carry everything we had in 20 trips. Winning or losing didn't matter.

Return to General Discussion