deleting character

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Bubba
Zealous Believer

deleting character

Post by Bubba » 24 Aug 2017, 15:43

i get the ticket thing. i would just like to get clarification on the following situation:

1. i use a ticket to move my character, "VictorViking" to Abela.
2. i play the game a few days and decide the name isn't me and want to call him "VikingVictor":)

Q: if i delete my character, do i re-roll one on Abela, on Noobie Island, or am i screwed because now i need another ticket?
My Rig:
CPU: Intel i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon 4.0 GHz
Cooling: CORSAIR H100i Water Cooling
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
MOBO: MSI Z97-Gaming 7
RAM: 24GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz
GPU: 2xGigabyte 1080GTX 8GB
Disk 1: Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD (system disk)
Disk 2: 2xWD 2TB HDD RAID 0 (data disk)
Screen: 27" Asus Monitor

Jakeman
Alpha Tester

Re: deleting character

Post by Jakeman » 24 Aug 2017, 16:17

Bubba wrote:i get the ticket thing. i would just like to get clarification on the following situation:

1. i use a ticket to move my character, "VictorViking" to Abela.
2. i play the game a few days and decide the name isn't me and want to call him "VikingVictor":)

Q: if i delete my character, do i re-roll one on Abela, on Noobie Island, or am i screwed because now i need another ticket?

from what i know u will need another ticket. something they could sell in the cash shop is a item to rename yourself although that could be bad for spying

Bubba
Zealous Believer

Post by Bubba » 24 Aug 2017, 17:08

it sounds to me like a missing mechanic...

Players should be able to delete a character and re-roll a new character off the same ticket (with a cool down - 24 hours or 7 days or something)

It should return the ticket to the Account when the character is deleted.

require them to start on noobie island
    all claims go *poof*
    buildings and possessions go back to a wild unclaimed status

it sounds much more fair than losing 30$ for deleting an avatar...
My Rig:

Baal
True Believer

Post by Baal » 24 Aug 2017, 18:22

missinformation EDITED.
Last edited by Baal on 25 Aug 2017, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 25 Aug 2017, 00:00

Baal wrote:No you don't need to repay a character if you delete one, you keep your one ticket avalaible in your account, it mean you can always have one character, even if you delete it you can recreate one in you ticket's number limit, but can't create a second if you have only one ticket (like a YO possesser).

You do not purchase a character slot, you use the ticket to transfer a character to the mainland. Character transfer ticket is a consumable item of one-time use, if you use it, you can't get it back. If you'll decide to delete your character, it's lost, you'll have to purchase a new ticket to move another character to the mainland.

Bubba
Zealous Believer

Post by Bubba » 25 Aug 2017, 14:50

Arrakis wrote:You do not purchase a character slot, you use the ticket to transfer a character to the mainland. Character transfer ticket is a consumable item of one-time use, if you use it, you can't get it back. If you'll decide to delete your character, it's lost, you'll have to purchase a new ticket to move another character to the mainland.

Honestly, that doesn't sound like a good idea...

i hope you make it very very clear to everyone that deleting a character does not allow them to re-roll a new one without paying EXTRA money.

Like in 4-foot flashing red letters and a siren - and several 'are you sure?' warnings.

why, then, would anyone ever delete a character? should it even be an option?

How come deleting a character doesn't generate a new ticket?
My Rig:

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 25 Aug 2017, 14:59

Bubba wrote:How come deleting a character doesn't generate a new ticket?

Simple. Trolls would abuse that easily, they would annoy people, killing them, and after generating too many negative alignment points, they would re-create their character to start fresh with 0 alignment and new name. It was developed in a way to reduce chances of such and similar events happening to absolute minimum.

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 25 Aug 2017, 15:02

The reason for this mechanic, is because if you can just remake characters constantly, the whole alignment system is worthless, and also, it allows toxic individuals/unsavory types the ability to keep changing names to avoid backlash or punishment.
The game is supposed to have lasting legacies, and your name is who you are in this game.
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

Bubba
Zealous Believer

Post by Bubba » 25 Aug 2017, 15:11

in my 20+ years of playing MMOs, i have yet to see any MMO work that way, but it does make a lot of sense - as long as you make it very clear to people before they accidentally delete their game (that is essentially what they are doing). ;)

just to put out another idea for your consideration:

Tie alignment to the account to prevent people from having Douche-Bag alts and Do not allow deletion at all. Honestly, People have no reason to delete unless they want a sex change or a name change and those can be bought in the store to help your business model.
My Rig:

Nomeatloaf
Zealous Believer

Post by Nomeatloaf » 25 Aug 2017, 15:14

Bubba wrote:in my 20+ years of playing MMOs, i have yet to see any MMO work that way, but it does make a lot of sense - as long as you make it very clear to people before they accidentally delete their game (that is essentially what they are doing). ;)

just to put out another idea for your consideration:

Tie alignment to the account to prevent people from having Douche-Bag alts and Do not allow deletion at all. Honestly, People have no reason to delete unless they want a sex change or a name change and those can be bought in the store to help your business model.

they want to keep the deletion available, as if players want to hand them money to keep deleting characters, they are more then happy to take it. however, my guess is that you will have to all but provide your birth certificate to actually delete a character, to prevent accidental deletions.
We will take your women, burn your villages, and drink from your skulls! - Sparhawk Battleborn

Bubba
Zealous Believer

Post by Bubba » 25 Aug 2017, 17:12

hehe good to know. thanks for the answers everyone.
My Rig:

Return to Newcomer Section