Hey everyone, welcome to this week’s development news!
We are working on overhauling melee and ranged combat mechanics. Check out our short-term goals:
- Enhanced shield importance. Shields will give a more significant defensive advantage. We are going to increase blocking speed and passive protection, as well as improving shield bash by making it easier to hit with.
- Changes in pounce mechanics. We will improve the effectiveness of this ability against foes with shields, and at the same time, we will reduce its jump force.
- Extra damage. We plan to set a certain weapon group with a special feature of increased stun chance.
- Parrying system change. Parrying should be an immediate action to counter your opponent’s moves, rather than a permanent defense like blocking. We are going to overhaul the parrying to make it possible to deflect blows, as well as make it impossible to stay in the parrying state permanently. We are also going to make parrying chance dependent on the particular weapon you use.
- Speed bonus. We plan to make speed bonus depend more on player’s movement speed rather than weapon speed for certain strike types.
Next week, we’ll be talking about our plans for bows, crossbows and ranged combat mechanics.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this insight into some of what we’ve been up to. We’d just like to let you know that we are fully aware of the problem with overpowered damage when the direction of a strike switches while you’re attacking.
- Thanks, the team!