Development News #41 - ‘Red Reaperess and other cares’

What are we currently working on.
Arrakis
Website & Forum Manager

Development News #41 - ‘Red Reaperess and other cares’

Post by Arrakis » 03 Mar 2017, 17:00

‘You, the mortal wearer of the Spark, remember! Remember and fear!
If, while messing around a cowshed or being of any other use for your master, you felt the sudden cold of Terskellen and a slight whisper of a wind seems like someone's calling to you...
If you hunt down a wild animal in the deep of the woods, squeezing your bow in hand, while constantly sensing the smell of death and moist clay...
Or, sit you in your castle among the mighty squad of your unbeatable warriors and sudden thoughts ofJodhe and her scarlet sickle strikes you - let her always be well-fed.
You should know that she is calling for you.
She has found you.
And she is hungry.’

Hi, feudalists!

While the main part of our team is busy fixing errors and critical bugs, our art department is working on certain long-term goals.

For example, we’ve recently finished another model for the native tribes, whom live in forests and swamps. They are known as the Red Reaperess.

rimg

We still have a long way to go until natives are perfected and readt to be implemented in the game. Now, almost all creature models and weapons are ready and we continue working on animations and behavior scenarios. Next: AI, settlement design and thorough testing.

We know how the wild animals behave, and it is not anywhere near the intellect level natives will possess. A lot of work is still ahead.

We continue working on the MMO newbie island functionality. These are the learning grounds where newcomers will be spending their first gameplay hours getting used to gameplay mechanics and survival basics, before entering the large, aggressive and unforgiving MMO world.

rimg

We are building the starting settlement, modelling unique decorations and working on NPCs which will issue simple quests and help newcomers to immerse themselves into the world and learn its history.

We will keep you updated, stay tuned for more!

- The Team

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Development News #41 - ‘Red Reaperess and other cares’

Post by Khan- » 03 Mar 2017, 17:02

Disponible en Français : sur Lifeisfeudal-fr.com

hmmmm strange design oO
Last edited by Khan- on 03 Mar 2017, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Gastenns
Beta Tester

Post by Gastenns » 03 Mar 2017, 17:03

Looks great in excited to see some new things.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 03 Mar 2017, 17:06

Traduction française disponible sur von Culm
Last edited by Saar on 03 Mar 2017, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

Oleski
True Believer

Post by Oleski » 03 Mar 2017, 17:22

Maybe better try to solve problem with stability server? If server cant hold 50 players without crashing and lagging as hell this should not have name of MMO.

*Massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) are a combination of role-playing video games and massively multiplayer online games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual world.

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 03 Mar 2017, 17:28

Oleski wrote:Maybe better try to solve problem with stability server? If server cant hold 50 players without crashing and lagging as hell this should not have name of MMO.

*Massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) are a combination of role-playing video games and massively multiplayer online games in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual world.

You think the art department would be working on server stability?

MasterChief
True Believer

Post by MasterChief » 03 Mar 2017, 17:36

Oleski wrote:Maybe better try to solve problem with stability server? If server cant hold 50 players without crashing and lagging as hell this should not have name of MMO.

i quote the devs just for you, again
maybe u need a lesson in reading :Bravo:

Hi, feudalists!

While the main part of our team is busy fixing errors and critical bugs, our art department is working on certain long-term goals.
Last edited by MasterChief on 03 Mar 2017, 18:21, edited 1 time in total.

Dalejr2000
Alpha Tester

Post by Dalejr2000 » 03 Mar 2017, 17:58

Will be hilarious being chased by these through the swamps! Good job art team. The art team always delivers. :D :beer:

Edit: I'm curious. Will the natives be a significant source for loot? I know they aren't close to being finished, but they will be more important if they have rare loot on them. Perhaps their settlements will have good loot in them?
Once more unto the breach!!

Oleski
True Believer

Post by Oleski » 03 Mar 2017, 18:23

Ok i didint read that.
So maybe they need employ more ppl responsibility for server, bugs crash, lag, black screen etc.

I just do not see that much progres beetwen wave 1 part 1 and part 2.
It is awesome game, but still the basic stuff dont work properly.

Thats just my personal opinion.
Dont want to make shitstorm, i will glad to test next part of wave 1.
Maybe this time will be better :) or maybe not we will see.

Styxwash
Zealous Believer

Post by Styxwash » 03 Mar 2017, 19:39

What is that thing? Looks like it belongs in Dark Souls.

Adding NPC mobs to fight might attract some new players, but I think most of the core playerbase, think this is way off the LIF concept charts.

I am also truely concerned about how the game will handle the stress of AI mobs, on top of how unstable it already is.

Return to Development News