Development News #52 - Beta Test information and introducing Lore!

What are we currently working on.

Vilevirtus

Re: Development News #52 - Beta Test information and introducing Lore!

Post by Vilevirtus » 21 May 2017, 10:27

"Having analysed this we have decided to do a fourth test run"

This sentence is the most disappointing sentence I have ever seen in your development blogs. Hundreds of people who have been playing LIF YO for a very long time have been waiting months already to be able to play the mmo.

When the first news came, we were al excited but that excitement was fast gone when we heard the first wave is only for the first couple of people who bought the game.

Then we though, finally, wave 1 is over. We are next! But no, wave 1 was going to consist of 3 tests.

So we wait, patiently, looking for mmo gameplay on youtube and checking the news every day until test 3 is finally over so we can have something to look forward too.

Wave 3 is then finally over. "We must be next now!" is what we think. But no.. "Having analysed this we have decided to do a fourth test run".

I'm sure you as a team have a lot of stuff going on and want to have everything run perfectly before you let more people in. But the way most LIF YO players have been treated is insane. Everytime you get our hopes up and then finaly when we think we can start playing the mmo in maybe a month or two you say we have to wait longer.

Stop the postponing please and dont make promises you cant keep

Diablo1903
Zealous Believer

Post by Diablo1903 » 21 May 2017, 14:07

I must say the number of things I feel time is being wasted on is steadily growing.

The people writing the lore and doing the website scripting probably arent the same people working on game mechanics, I get that. But when it comes to things like Lore and NPCs, whats the point?

Im not sure what the overall goal is other than maybe adding atmosphere to the game? I am strongly hoping you wont be able to kill NPCs to get what you need (Unless its something you can ONLY get from killing NPCs).

Is the intent for NPCs to essentially be island natives whom tell the player of the history and legends of the new land, essentially making them fluff content or are they going to have a more tangible effect on gameplay?

Jehan
True Believer

Post by Jehan » 25 May 2017, 17:42

So guys after your couple weeks of the next closed beta test once again they will find a crap ton of stuff wrong with their game and make it to about the 10th closed beta before final bringing open beta which will then take at least 5 years by then the game will be outdated and a new game will take its place. This game is one of a kind and def have 4k+ hours in the game and I love it but the direction they started heading bringing out lore and crap that way less than half of us care about is disappointing. Fix the game, add the new content you promised and get into open beta already. Then add you some stories and lore and all those goodies. We don't need those things in the game right now to play and have fun, YO I had tons of fun on and there was no need for this mess your adding right now. FOCUS on the actual game play please <3
Signature was removed due to the violation of forum rules

Losthorizon350
Beta Tester

Post by Losthorizon350 » 26 May 2017, 05:50

Jehan wrote:So guys after your couple weeks of the next closed beta test once again they will find a crap ton of stuff wrong with their game and make it to about the 10th closed beta before final bringing open beta which will then take at least 5 years by then the game will be outdated and a new game will take its place. This game is one of a kind and def have 4k+ hours in the game and I love it but the direction they started heading bringing out lore and crap that way less than half of us care about is disappointing. Fix the game, add the new content you promised and get into open beta already. Then add you some stories and lore and all those goodies. We don't need those things in the game right now to play and have fun, YO I had tons of fun on and there was no need for this mess your adding right now. FOCUS on the actual game play please <3

If you've read the latest devblog a bit carefully, you'll possibly find out that the bloke who prepared that lore stuff is not a programmer at all. He's just an RP enthusiast. And, as far as I understood, this work has been done not in a damage to the primary process of development. SoI cant see anything bad in this. :)

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 26 May 2017, 07:37

Jehan wrote:So guys after your couple weeks of the next closed beta test once again they will find a crap ton of stuff wrong with their game and make it to about the 10th closed beta before final bringing open beta which will then take at least 5 years by then the game will be outdated and a new game will take its place. This game is one of a kind and def have 4k+ hours in the game and I love it but the direction they started heading bringing out lore and crap that way less than half of us care about is disappointing. Fix the game, add the new content you promised and get into open beta already. Then add you some stories and lore and all those goodies. We don't need those things in the game right now to play and have fun, YO I had tons of fun on and there was no need for this mess your adding right now. FOCUS on the actual game play please <3

It might not be an important part for most of us players, but to them as devs a bit of lore will allow them to do a hell of a lot more with adverticement and promo's. It just fleshes out the game a lot more.
And since they are not using any of the dev team, but a straight up lore guy to write it, then I don't see the harm in it.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 31 May 2017, 14:54

Because their rich Lore and RP background is what got the game funded originally right? No. It was not.

All focus needs to be on the core game originally promised.

The cool part about Beta and what was previously described is that the players make the history and the story. Thats why there were originally no NPCs. When Vanirs get eradicated by the Russian war party, that will be a part of LiF history. We don't need some bored literature major writing all of our collective history.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Mawgan
True Believer

Post by Mawgan » 03 Jun 2017, 14:05

XENO TAVERN
TS: ts3.xenotavern.com
http://youtube.com/xenotavern
http://facebook.com/XenoTavern

Zapraszamy umiłowanych w PvP i coop.

Return to Development News