Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

What are we currently working on.
User avatar
Arrakis
 
Posts: 3851
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 14:11
Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Arrakis » 17 Nov 2017, 17:09

rimg


Hey, Feudalists!

The OBT of Life is feudal: MMO is right around the corner!

The lucky ones, who got themselves Zealous believer packs - as well as our beloved Alpha testers - are already able to enter the MMO worlds. (Don't be afraid, though, they are not allowed to claim land before anyone else).

However, due to an unforeseen bug that made it possible for some players to get GM powers (shame on those who abused the bug!), we had to wipe the worlds after only a few hours of early access. More detail here.

Because of this, we had to make the decision to postpone all of the scheduled early access waves for all the pack owners for 12 hours each. So the updated schedule of OBT access is as follows:

rimg


    17th of November 2017 at 09:00 (UTC) (4:00 am (EST) / 1:00 am (PST) / 12:00 (MSK)) - Zealous Believer pack owners get an early access to the world.

    17th of November 2017 at 21:00 (UTC) (4:00 pm (EST) / 1:00 pm (PST) / 00:00 18th of November (MSK))
    Devoted Believer pack owners will get an early access to the world.

    17th of November 2017 at 03:00 18th of November (UTC) (10:00 pm (EST) / 07:00 pm (PST) / 06:00 18th of November (MSK))
    True Believer pack owners get an early access to the world.

    18th of November 2017 at 9:00 (UTC) (4:00 am (EST) / 1:00 am (PST) / 12:00 (MSK))
    The official start of OBT and Owners of LiF:YO on Steam, beta testers, and purchasers of the starter packs will be able to enter the world.

For the owners of LiF:YO, we would like to draw special attention to the fact that, due to Steam's policy, we are not able to launch LiF:MMO in early access directly on Steam this upcoming weekend.

However, you are able to register your account at www.lifeisfeudal.com and download the LiF:MMO launcher directly from our website using a special button on the ‘your account details’ page (check out this guide on downloading the MMO launcher).

You then need to LOG IN to the launcher USING YOUR STEAM ACCOUNT that has Life is feudal: Your Own in its library.

After that, you will be able to enter the world at the abovementioned date and time and will have a ticket to Abella in your in-game shop inventory (you can access it by pressing Esc -> Shop -> Inventory).

We put together a little guide to help you redeem the ticket. Life is Feudal: MMO will be automatically added to your Steam library at a later date, as soon as it is possible!

Thank you for being awesome and patient while we were figuring this out!

— The team


User avatar
Khan-
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 1250
Joined: 18 Apr 2015, 15:12
Location: France

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Khan- » 17 Nov 2017, 17:12

Disponible en Français : sur Lifeisfeudal-fr.com


:D
Last edited by Khan- on 17 Nov 2017, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Image
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

User avatar
Saar
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 293
Joined: 05 Jul 2016, 14:26
Location: Toulouse - France

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Saar » 17 Nov 2017, 17:14

Traduction disponible sur vonCulm.fr
Last edited by Saar on 17 Nov 2017, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
Image


Mustafa
True Believer
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 15 Nov 2017, 00:55

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Mustafa » 17 Nov 2017, 17:16

Thanks for the update! :Yahoo!:


Rulant
 
Posts: 30
Joined: 19 Sep 2014, 19:04

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Rulant » 17 Nov 2017, 17:18

Stop putting out new updates and actually help the YO people download the game.


Riptose
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 8
Joined: 05 Feb 2016, 06:53

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Riptose » 17 Nov 2017, 17:19

Not all people are in the game...... dont lie. On the NA server 50% of my guild mates are having the 0/9 patching problems. In the closed beta it was initializing issues which cause me to loose out on weeks of not being able to play. Now i loose my 24 hour head start.....
Last edited by Riptose on 17 Nov 2017, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.


Daenerys
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 20 Jul 2016, 18:23

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Daenerys » 17 Nov 2017, 17:20

mmo still down for how long?


Mx11foxracing
True Believer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 30 Apr 2017, 23:53

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Mx11foxracing » 17 Nov 2017, 17:24

Arrakis wrote:
rimg


Hey, Feudalists!

The OBT of Life is feudal: MMO is right around the corner!

The lucky ones, who got themselves Zealous believer packs - as well as our beloved Alpha testers - are already able to enter the MMO worlds. (Don't be afraid, though, they are not allowed to claim land before anyone else).

However, due to an unforeseen bug that made it possible for some players to get GM powers (shame on those who abused the bug!), we had to wipe the worlds after only a few hours of early access. More detail here.

Because of this, we had to make the decision to postpone all of the scheduled early access waves for all the pack owners for 12 hours each. So the updated schedule of OBT access is as follows:

rimg


    17th of November 2017 at 09:00 (UTC) (4:00 am (EST) / 1:00 am (PST) / 12:00 (MSK)) - Zealous Believer pack owners get an early access to the world.

    17th of November 2017 at 21:00 (UTC) (4:00 pm (EST) / 1:00 pm (PST) / 00:00 18th of November (MSK))
    Devoted Believer pack owners will get an early access to the world.

    18th of November 2017 at 03:00 (UTC) (10:00 pm (EST) / 07:00 pm (PST) / 06:00 18th of November (MSK))
    True Believer pack owners get an early access to the world.

    18th of November 2017 at 9:00 (UTC) (4:00 am (EST) / 1:00 am (PST) / 12:00 (MSK))
    The official start of OBT and Owners of LiF:YO on Steam, beta testers, and purchasers of the starter packs will be able to enter the world.

For the owners of LiF:YO, we would like to draw special attention to the fact that, due to Steam's policy, we are not able to launch LiF:MMO in early access directly on Steam this upcoming weekend.

However, you are able to register your account at www.lifeisfeudal.com and download the LiF:MMO launcher directly from our website using a special button on the ‘your account details’ page (check out this guide on downloading the MMO launcher).

You then need to LOG IN to the launcher USING YOUR STEAM ACCOUNT that has Life is feudal: Your Own in its library.

After that, you will be able to enter the world at the abovementioned date and time and will have a ticket to Abella in your in-game shop inventory (you can access it by pressing Esc -> Shop -> Inventory).

We put together a little guide to help you redeem the ticket. Life is Feudal: MMO will be automatically added to your Steam library at a later date, as soon as it is possible!

Thank you for being awesome and patient while we were figuring this out!

— The team


This make no sense! How does OBT start at 4am EST on the 18th but True Believer EA starts at 10pm EST on the 18th...last I knew the morning is before night time in which True Believers get late access??? Bad enough my time and vacation hours got wasted for some BS and yet lets compensate them and forget everyone else. What are you guys doing over there!?

User avatar
Donatelobg
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 05 Nov 2013, 13:33
Location: Bulgaria

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Donatelobg » 17 Nov 2017, 17:28

However, you are able to register your account at www.lifeisfeudal.com and download the LiF:MMO launcher directly from our website using a special button on the ‘your account details’ page (check out this guide on downloading the MMO launcher).

i dont have download button anywhere ?


Dakkon
 
Posts: 35
Joined: 05 Jan 2015, 18:18

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Dakkon » 17 Nov 2017, 17:30

"However, you are able to register your account at http://www.lifeisfeudal.com and download the LiF:MMO launcher directly from our website using a special button on the ‘your account details’ page (check out this guide on downloading the MMO launcher)"





There is no special button on my account details page or dashboard. I'm logged in, YO ownership is verified, but the download button is not there.


Daenerys
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 20 Jul 2016, 18:23

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Daenerys » 17 Nov 2017, 17:35

it was that the maintenance is going to be 30 minutes now its about one hour and stil nothing?....


Tetricz
True Believer
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 30 Apr 2017, 20:34

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Tetricz » 17 Nov 2017, 17:40

Mx11foxracing wrote:
Arrakis wrote:
rimg


Hey, Feudalists!

The OBT of Life is feudal: MMO is right around the corner!

The lucky ones, who got themselves Zealous believer packs - as well as our beloved Alpha testers - are already able to enter the MMO worlds. (Don't be afraid, though, they are not allowed to claim land before anyone else).

However, due to an unforeseen bug that made it possible for some players to get GM powers (shame on those who abused the bug!), we had to wipe the worlds after only a few hours of early access. More detail here.

Because of this, we had to make the decision to postpone all of the scheduled early access waves for all the pack owners for 12 hours each. So the updated schedule of OBT access is as follows:

rimg


    17th of November 2017 at 09:00 (UTC) (4:00 am (EST) / 1:00 am (PST) / 12:00 (MSK)) - Zealous Believer pack owners get an early access to the world.

    17th of November 2017 at 21:00 (UTC) (4:00 pm (EST) / 1:00 pm (PST) / 00:00 18th of November (MSK))
    Devoted Believer pack owners will get an early access to the world.

    18th of November 2017 at 03:00 (UTC) (10:00 pm (EST) / 07:00 pm (PST) / 06:00 18th of November (MSK))
    True Believer pack owners get an early access to the world.

    18th of November 2017 at 9:00 (UTC) (4:00 am (EST) / 1:00 am (PST) / 12:00 (MSK))
    The official start of OBT and Owners of LiF:YO on Steam, beta testers, and purchasers of the starter packs will be able to enter the world.

For the owners of LiF:YO, we would like to draw special attention to the fact that, due to Steam's policy, we are not able to launch LiF:MMO in early access directly on Steam this upcoming weekend.

However, you are able to register your account at www.lifeisfeudal.com and download the LiF:MMO launcher directly from our website using a special button on the ‘your account details’ page (check out this guide on downloading the MMO launcher).

You then need to LOG IN to the launcher USING YOUR STEAM ACCOUNT that has Life is feudal: Your Own in its library.

After that, you will be able to enter the world at the abovementioned date and time and will have a ticket to Abella in your in-game shop inventory (you can access it by pressing Esc -> Shop -> Inventory).

We put together a little guide to help you redeem the ticket. Life is Feudal: MMO will be automatically added to your Steam library at a later date, as soon as it is possible!

Thank you for being awesome and patient while we were figuring this out!

— The team


This make no sense! How does OBT start at 4am EST on the 18th but True Believer EA starts at 10pm EST on the 18th...last I knew the morning is before night time in which True Believers get late access??? Bad enough my time and vacation hours got wasted for some BS and yet lets compensate them and forget everyone else. What are you guys doing over there!?


Don't worry it's 10:00 pm EST on the 17th. They messed up when they typed it.


Thurman619gaming
True Believer
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 13 Apr 2017, 14:25

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Thurman619gaming » 17 Nov 2017, 17:41

Tetricz wrote:
Mx11foxracing wrote:
Arrakis wrote:...


This make no sense! How does OBT start at 4am EST on the 18th but True Believer EA starts at 10pm EST on the 18th...last I knew the morning is before night time in which True Believers get late access??? Bad enough my time and vacation hours got wasted for some BS and yet lets compensate them and forget everyone else. What are you guys doing over there!?


Don't worry it's 10:00 pm EST on the 17th. They messed up when they typed it.


plz fix


Mx11foxracing
True Believer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 30 Apr 2017, 23:53

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Mx11foxracing » 17 Nov 2017, 17:45

Tetricz wrote:
Mx11foxracing wrote:
Arrakis wrote:...


This make no sense! How does OBT start at 4am EST on the 18th but True Believer EA starts at 10pm EST on the 18th...last I knew the morning is before night time in which True Believers get late access??? Bad enough my time and vacation hours got wasted for some BS and yet lets compensate them and forget everyone else. What are you guys doing over there!?


Don't worry it's 10:00 pm EST on the 17th. They messed up when they typed it.



So you're saying its a typo? A bloody TYPO!? Best hope thats the case because is some complete BS! WHY am I wasting my time on the forums instead of playing an MMO I was suppose to be in almost 3 hours ago...Fine, I realize the Golden privileged guys messed it all up and had to wipe but come on already.

User avatar
Diablo1903
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 37
Joined: 04 Dec 2015, 10:10

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Diablo1903 » 17 Nov 2017, 18:06

Owners of LiF: YO on Steam, beta testers, and purchasers of the starter packs will be able to enter the world


This wording seems to suggest people who don't own YO, or have beta access wont be able to enter the world at all.

Does this mean Zealous Believers wont be able to trade extra tickets to people whom don't otherwise have access to the MMO already?

Otherwise should the wording not be that they would "receive their free tickets" on the 18th, and everybody should be able to access the world?


Harold
Zealous Believer
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 12 Nov 2017, 21:41

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Harold » 17 Nov 2017, 18:11

Still waiting for the maintenance which should have finished at 18 o'clock ... Another 1 hour lost! :good:
Last edited by Harold on 17 Nov 2017, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.


Urlic
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 15 Sep 2017, 19:00

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Urlic » 17 Nov 2017, 18:15

yeah this doesnt work, launcher is still showing only BUY button


Macpharlan
 
Posts: 101
Joined: 06 Jun 2015, 03:33

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Macpharlan » 17 Nov 2017, 18:16

I don't have a download button either, its obviously broken


Ryancathcartmech
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 02:17

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Ryancathcartmech » 17 Nov 2017, 18:29

So, we still cant download the game until 4 am?? I downloaded the launcher, but it is not downloading the game, still just has the buy button even though i signed in through steam like you suggested. you really need to let people pre download so that it doesnt crash your servers when everyone is trying to download at the same time. Especially now that we wont be abl to download through steam this weekend. Steam servers are made to handle heavy download volumes, i doubt people will be able to download the game from your servers very fast.

User avatar
Arrakis
 
Posts: 3851
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 14:11
Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Arrakis » 17 Nov 2017, 18:33

There was a typo for True Believers. It's 17th of Nov, and 6:00am 18th of Nov for MSK. Fixed in the text and the graph.



Hollygrzedzicki
 
Posts: 1
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 00:36

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Hollygrzedzicki » 17 Nov 2017, 18:35

Not sure how this is an update, when nothing has changed since yesterday that I can glean. Why is the launcher still not fixed? Why are people being fobbed off to an automated reply support bot at Xsolla for a solution?

User avatar
Arrakis
 
Posts: 3851
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 14:11
Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Arrakis » 17 Nov 2017, 18:54

Hollygrzedzicki wrote:Why are people being fobbed off to an automated reply support bot at Xsolla for a solution?

Because it's Xsolla that deals with launcher, logging in and pack issues.



Mx11foxracing
True Believer
 
Posts: 38
Joined: 30 Apr 2017, 23:53

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Mx11foxracing » 17 Nov 2017, 19:00

Arrakis wrote:There was a typo for True Believers. It's 17th of Nov, and 6:00am 18th of Nov for MSK. Fixed in the text and the graph.



Thank you Mr. Arrakis!


Dakgu35
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 10 Oct 2017, 21:42

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Dakgu35 » 17 Nov 2017, 19:07

Yea this launch has been performed pretty horribly


Bjarkan
 
Posts: 34
Joined: 01 Nov 2016, 12:45

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Bjarkan » 17 Nov 2017, 21:03

tiket ?


Mscavitto
True Believer
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 08 Jan 2015, 18:07

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Mscavitto » 17 Nov 2017, 21:04

If you're going to have a significant change in initial access times, you need to send out another email alerting people to this, not get them hyped up to have the client refuse access to the world and then consequently have to figure out wtf went wrong. Clean it up guys.


Uno
 
Posts: 229
Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 19:39

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Uno » 17 Nov 2017, 21:23

Mx11foxracing wrote:
Arrakis wrote:
rimg


Hey, Feudalists!

The OBT of Life is feudal: MMO is right around the corner!

...


This make no sense! How does OBT start at 4am EST on the 18th but True Believer EA starts at 10pm EST on the 18th...last I knew the morning is before night time in which True Believers get late access??? Bad enough my time and vacation hours got wasted for some BS and yet lets compensate them and forget everyone else. What are you guys doing over there!?


True Believer EA starts at 3am UTC of the 18th, that's what it's written. Why don't you invest 5 minutes of your life to learn something useful like what is UTC instead of writing nonsense? That way you MIGHT understand what 10pm EST actually mean.


Uno
 
Posts: 229
Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 19:39

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Uno » 17 Nov 2017, 21:29

Arrakis wrote:However, you are able to register your account at www.lifeisfeudal.com and download the LiF:MMO launcher directly from our website using a special button on the ‘your account details’ page (check out this guide on downloading the MMO launcher).


That guide is a joke. There is no such button as the one shown and we still cannot download the game.
The launcher itself manages to crash 90% of the times without even doing anything since for some "unexplicable" reason you won't let players download the game before they have access to the world. I can't imagine how well will this launcher perform when it will actually have something to do.

User avatar
Arrakis
 
Posts: 3851
Joined: 25 Oct 2013, 14:11
Location: Sparksvaard, the middle world; the world of people.

Re: Development News #78 — OBT is upon us!

Post by Arrakis » 17 Nov 2017, 23:15

Preload works now (for real this time): https://static.xsolla.com/life-is-feuda ... taller.exe


Return to Development News