Did you even think before nerfing horses?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Agathon

Did you even think before nerfing horses?

Post by Agathon » 15 Mar 2018, 15:03

I know you guys love your ghost patches, patching something for the first person who whines the loudest, but really? Horse health was already pretty fragile especially for spiriteds / normals.

Now hardies are 240... and heavies 300? So the thick ass armor covered heavy thats slow as shit compared to a hardy, only has 60 more hp? It can only take one more lance shot?

Do you guys even test your patches? Heavies are pretty much useless now, they're slow as shit and only 60 more hp than a hardy. So we might as well only ride hardies, so take out heavies while you're at it. Spiriteds? 150hp? Two good lance shots and the horse is dead. 250 was already very fragile, would have to avoid infantry to avoid getting wrecked. Now one of the hardest horses to train in the game, are pointless to leave the walls with as they'll die in two shots.

You literally just killed cavalry of any sort, all over a couple infantry bitching in the MMO chat. INB4 the anti-cav infantry come in and white knight for the new patch.
Forsaken Blood - Godleland - Hardcore PvP - Interested in joining? https://discord.gg/BRKhBpZ

Hodo

Re: Did you even think before nerfing horses?

Post by Hodo » 15 Mar 2018, 16:11

I think the heavy handed nerfing of all horses was a bit much. But without looking at the numbers I couldnt tell you if it was good or bad.

I just know that heavies and hardies were harder to kill than a M1A2 Abrams.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Ghalter
True Believer

Post by Ghalter » 15 Mar 2018, 16:16

I have more health than a spirited warhorse now.
Should give it a lance and it can piggyback on me into battle instead.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 15 Mar 2018, 16:28

Ghalter wrote:I have more health than a spirited warhorse now.
Should give it a lance and it can piggyback on me into battle instead.

If you can run as fast and as long I would... because then I could fire my bow from your shoulders. :Yahoo!:
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Hervean

Post by Hervean » 15 Mar 2018, 16:33

A Lot of the consensus on our end is that it was a bit much. Will see how long it will last before massive complaints cause a waffle. In the meantime, means we can slaughter enemy horses faster by fielding a good anti-cav team.

Though if the horse could heal at a faster pace while not in motion, that would help a bit as well and make it more viable.

Any testing on mitigation for the heavy armor, or is it moot?

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 15 Mar 2018, 16:50

Dont worry lancer boys. After you have killed 2-3 melee guys, and used 3 horses, you can come down and fight like men with only 1 weapon :-)

Werebear
Zealous Believer

Post by Werebear » 15 Mar 2018, 17:43

I'm optimist...
  but absence in Bitbox...
erudite and educated game designers....
  ....will end with the fail of the release.

Azzak
True Believer

Post by Azzak » 15 Mar 2018, 21:07

It is a necessary nerf considering the power of cavalry, but it is definitely a bit too much on the heavy side.

Jacobin6

Post by Jacobin6 » 16 Mar 2018, 21:16

After the first night of PVP I think these horse changes are a great step in the right direction.

Horses have been over powered from the start and it has made combat one dimensional. This game needs combined arms to make the PVP more viable. Pikes still need to be addressed but this is a good start.

This game has been more like the World of Tanks not a Feudal style CPRG.

If this game is going to become a quality pvp game I would expect the world to get even tougher on Cavalry units moving forward. Horses will still remain over powered until Pikemen work correctly but this shows me they actually do want combined arms to work properly in this game.

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 19 Mar 2018, 07:42

Its fine, however heavy warhorses should be tweaked. Maybe some resist against slash/chop damage types? Perhaps a better threshold on stopping when impacting players?

Asri
Devoted Believer

Post by Asri » 20 Mar 2018, 17:13

I think it needs a little tweaking -- heavies in particular -- but cav did need a significant nerf. Cav has high damage, high mobility AND the horses acted as an extra health bar. It was too many benefits in a single class.

Return to General Discussion