Disappointed at combat trees

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Stafford33
Zealous Believer

Disappointed at combat trees

Post by Stafford33 » 18 Apr 2017, 04:59

Are the combat skill trees finalised already? Seems kinda silly to me that only horsemen get maille armor so if you wanted to be a footman with mail you would have to train horses for no reason.

What about viking footmen in a shield wall with mail? Are there any plans to have more than just horsemen have mail armour in their skill tree?

Thoughts?

Asimov

Re: Disappointed at combat trees

Post by Asimov » 18 Apr 2017, 06:54

Well you can still be a footman and using chain. You can be any kind of fighter and use any kind of armour

Losthorizon350
Beta Tester

Post by Losthorizon350 » 19 Apr 2017, 06:39

Stafford33 wrote:Are the combat skill trees finalised already? Seems kinda silly to me that only horsemen get maille armor so if you wanted to be a footman with mail you would have to train horses for no reason.

What about viking footmen in a shield wall with mail? Are there any plans to have more than just horsemen have mail armour in their skill tree?

Thoughts?

Nah, not finalized at all. Devs had already stated that this kind of feature will be improved and reconsidered during the whole BT stage. :)

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 19 Apr 2017, 17:29

The devteam wants to push a "class" system to allow for easier balancing. I doubt we'll see a reversion to the more freeform skilltree or any alternative apart from whats in the MMO right now. These trees have been wanted by the devs since the game first started in alpha a couple years ago

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 19 Apr 2017, 18:16

I've had a lot of folks in Wessex and SSR who dislike these changes, but I like them. For me it allows for some variety but prevents the min/max most skill based games suffer from.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to General Discussion