Duchy of Wessex: A modern guild built on a feudal society

For the sole purpose of guilds recruiting members.
Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Duchy of Wessex: A modern guild built on a feudal society

Post by Azzerhoden » 13 Sep 2014, 01:00

Sir Azzerhoden Razeri, Chamberlain of His Majesty's Ducal Court, on behalf of His Majesty, Manus Dei, King of Hyperion, Duke of Wessex, Count of Elba, Grandmaster of the Solar Legion, offer greetings.

The Duchy of Wessex, a multi-game community and founding member of the Hyperion Alliance, provides our members with an online gaming experience completely immersive and wholly unique. We draw our strength from a communal vision to create a guild structure that functions as a historical feudal government within the games we play. This structure not only imparts a technical and organizational efficiency that gives us an advantage in the competitive aspect of the games we engage in, but also to support something wholly contiguous with and supportive of the world we project ourselves into.

When you join the Duchy of Wessex it will be akin to stepping into an epic medieval movie. With the fully developed institutions of a government in place, our members are able to explore and pursue careers in various avenues of medieval kingdom life, and when war happens, it will feel like a true conflict between nations.

If you have any questions or would like to learn more then please follow the link to our forum. We look forward to hearing from you.

Website
Apply For Membership
Guide to The Duchy Of Wessex
Guild Age Requirement: 16 Years
Originating: Asheron's Call in '99
Our Style: "Practical" Roleplay. Which is literally the choosing of a role or position that contributes to the in-game success of the Duchy, and strives for a drama free environment. "Theater" is secondary, optional, and never at the expense of another player. We will happily engage in a fight, but such fighting is part of our role-playing society, not for ‘griefing’ other players.
Last edited by Azzerhoden on 25 Aug 2015, 21:24, edited 7 times in total.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: Duchy of Wessex: A modern guild built on a feudal societ

Post by Azzerhoden » 13 Sep 2014, 01:00

History: The Duchy of Wessex, as a very important part of the Kingdom of Hyperion, experienced phenomenal success in the original Darkfall, when that conglomerate of gaming clans united by a singular governmental structure took a record 28 clans stones on Agon, a record for holdings that has never been beaten. Since then we have continued to participated in many other games, though in smaller numbers.

Overall, Wessex is an exercise in civilization. Contrary to appearances, Wessex is not a fantasy role-play clan. Wessex is about playing strategy wargames to the fullest by fleshing out a fully functioning feudal society and feudal government with multiple departments. It is about making strategy/mmo hybrid games like Life is Feudal, which only come around every so often, into the best experience possible by making the world that much more real. The goal is not "roleplay", but competition: success in the game with every clan member participating in that - a well oiled machine contributing to not only victory, but the most memorable experience of immersion possible.

What we intend to do is provide our members with an online gaming experience completely immersive and wholly unique. Rather than just being a part of a gaming "team" with an incidental mascot for a sport played on a medieval-themed 3D battlefield, we hope to make being part of the Duchy of Wessex a little more like stepping into an epic war movie. With the fully developed institutions of the duchy government in place, our members will be able to explore and pursue careers in various avenues of medieval kingdom life, and when war happens, it will feel like a war between societies, not just a gangland turf war.

One special focus of this guild will be on accurate and detailed administration, so we would really like to appeal to and attract members who are capable of filling out some of these roles. That means we are looking for the absolute best diplomats, heralds, ministers, information brokers, traders, and soldiers.

Our duchy's structure consists of the duke and his council, but opportunities abound for advancement. Initiate members start life as a serf, and after a month of active membership, are promoted to villeins where they can remain for as long as they wish. However, even though villeins must fight and contribute to the duchy's coffers like everyone else. As this guild's focus will be on obtaining the absolute best and most proficient players, we offer training and opportunity to those who would advance beyond the rank of villein to become fully engaged yeoman with specialized responsibilities within the ducal government. Display valor and resourcefulness on the field of battle or within your assigned duties and it's possible to be granted heraldic arms, a knighthood, and even a fief of territory within the duchy.

The success of a clan will be determined by its efficiency in warfare, and feudalism is the government structure that was meant for WAR! Our core military structure emphasizes discipline and team strength, with regular drilling of members to ensure efficient, precise and deadly combat tactics. Many of our members have been fighting other players across sandbox and themepark MMOs: Darkfall (1&2), Eve Online, Mortal Online, Planetside (1&2), Dark Age of Camelot, and more.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 14 Sep 2014, 14:48

Counting down the days for LIF:YO.

LuxInTenebris

Post by LuxInTenebris » 14 Sep 2014, 20:54

Greetings,

I was quite bowled over by your impressive guild-description, as well as the immaculate website! Please count me among your august company if you find yourself in need of loyal and industrious recruits.

May I ask whether Wessex will be hosting its own YO server, or are there arrangements in place to ensure that the guild can move en masse into a server hosted from elsewhere?

LiT.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 15 Sep 2014, 20:10

LuxInTenebris wrote:Greetings,

I was quite bowled over by your impressive guild-description, as well as the immaculate website! Please count me among your august company if you find yourself in need of loyal and industrious recruits.

May I ask whether Wessex will be hosting its own YO server, or are there arrangements in place to ensure that the guild can move en masse into a server hosted from elsewhere?

LiT.

Greetins Lux,

I am indeed working on getting a server setup. Please feel free to apply for membership before the 19th. I look forward to seeing you in game!

LuxInTenebris

Post by LuxInTenebris » 15 Sep 2014, 22:39

Many thanks for this, Azzerhoden. Signed up and registered! May this final few days pass swiftly.

LiT.

Lumivox

Post by Lumivox » 19 Sep 2014, 17:06

Hello,
just bought the game and lucking for a drama free server, where i can learn how to play and have fun.
Im a team player always wiling to help others, but mainly i wanted to play has a hunter/fisherman.
If your lucking for newbie players to guide and give them a chance to grow in know how, im your man, ty.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 19 Sep 2014, 22:20

Greetings Lumivox!

You are certainly most welcome to join us. Please visit our guild page at [url]DuchyOfWessex.org[/url] and apply.

I am still in the process of setting up the game server. Information will be provided in our forums on how to join it.

Lumivox

Post by Lumivox » 20 Sep 2014, 10:14

Already made my registration/aplication on the guilds site, ty.

Anthropox

Post by Anthropox » 20 Sep 2014, 17:28

Hello. I'm trying to complete the registration form but everytime I submit it, it says that the answer to the random question is incorrect. I've put just Duchy there and the full name. Is there something i'm missing? Thanks.

Trotti
Beta Tester

Post by Trotti » 20 Sep 2014, 18:30

Hey Azzerhoden remember me how have u been 8-)

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 22 Sep 2014, 15:48

My apologies for missing this, I will go check the apps page.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 22 Sep 2014, 16:14

Anthropox wrote:Hello. I'm trying to complete the registration form but everytime I submit it, it says that the answer to the random question is incorrect. I've put just Duchy there and the full name. Is there something i'm missing? Thanks.

I have sent you a PM with the application. Will investigate further with the web app process.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 25 Sep 2014, 03:04

The Duchy of Wessex is up and running! Join today to get access!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 28 Sep 2014, 05:16

Still looking for new members - come join us on our own hosted server. Help provided to new members.

Artaus
Beta Tester

Post by Artaus » 30 Sep 2014, 02:15

Part of the Duchy of Wessex, but never posted on this thread.

Funny ;)

Can't wait for LiF: MO to start up a proper country :beer:

Wllstrt75
Zealous Believer

Post by Wllstrt75 » 01 Oct 2014, 22:55

So how many are you guys expecting and are you guys going to cut and run at early signs of trouble? Was a part of df 1 and watched mortal fail so before I think about committing wanted to ask.

Artaus
Beta Tester

Post by Artaus » 03 Oct 2014, 05:46

Wllstrt75 wrote:So how many are you guys expecting and are you guys going to cut and run at early signs of trouble? Was a part of df 1 and watched mortal fail so before I think about committing wanted to ask.

In a fight or troubles in the game?

I don't expect THAT many bugs in the game, and I at least will be active in the YO and MMO version.

As for in a fight: I usually die too early to figure out if we are winning or should just run

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 04 Oct 2014, 04:53

Wllstrt75 wrote:So how many are you guys expecting and are you guys going to cut and run at early signs of trouble? Was a part of df 1 and watched mortal fail so before I think about committing wanted to ask.

Still playing Darkfall 1 Willy? Of course not - they shut down that server because of a lack of players and tried to relaunch as Darkfall 2. Did you play Darkfall 2 Willy? No? I did, and even though I did it ultimately sucked just as bad as Darkfall 1. That's why they keep offering free weekends trying to get folks to log back and try the stuff they promised a year and a half ago.

Tell me though Wily, are you still playing Mortal? I imagine not, since you're on these forums. Guess you thought the same about Mortal as the majority of Wessex players did. Make that the majority of the sandbox MMO game playing crowd, since Life Is Feudal - Your Own sold 65,000 copies of a PRE-ALPHA game. I imagine Star Vault and Adventurine as busy trying to figure out how they can generate that much excitement for their games again.

Haunted_lamb

Post by Haunted_lamb » 05 Oct 2014, 13:34

Hi i use to be a part of the guild forums but i forgot my login details my old name use to be mortred degrimm i wish to rejoin again for life is feudal. When i tried to do the forgot password it wont take duchy for an answer can you please help me out? Thank you in advance!

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 06 Oct 2014, 02:51

Welcome! I have sent you a PM with your log in and a new, temporary password.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 08 Oct 2014, 19:50

The private Duchy Of Wessex server is still up and running. Apply for membership for access.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 16 Oct 2014, 22:11

The Duchy of Wessex - still recruiting and loving everything we see in LIF-YO, and looking forward to the launch of LIF-MMO!

Check us out at http://duchyofwessex.org/

Aldo

Post by Aldo » 19 Oct 2014, 15:44

It seems like I'm having the same problem as one maybe more. I can't get the application to go through on your site with the random question. I've tried all the possibilities I could think of.

Anyways you could pm me an application as well? Thanks

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 22 Oct 2014, 22:56

Absolutely. I have done so.

I have also attempted to recreate the issue with the app form, but have not been able to do so. Once you get on the forums l'll ask you for some additional browser info to see if I can pinpoint the problem.

Thank you for taking the time to let me know! :)

Chidar

Post by Chidar » 03 Nov 2014, 09:11

Hi

There are a few clans & players from DF1&2 checking LiF out for the mmo. I will keep in touch, may be beneficial to all get on one server when the time comes. any thoughts?

Chidar
(Hammer Time, Argonauts DF1)

Pauloserrano

Post by Pauloserrano » 06 Nov 2014, 14:24

I'm Lord Monblanco and High-Priest of Solarium order and used to be aware of Wessex back in time I played Mortal. Very friendly and ferocious fighters.

I'd like to join your ranks.

My main interests are big sieges and commerce.

Thanks.
God bless you.

Wulvgar

Post by Wulvgar » 28 Nov 2014, 19:13

Bump for Wessex

Jade
Zealous Believer

Post by Jade » 02 Dec 2014, 15:26

Heya all, my in game name is Kaylem Sothenic and I will be helping to lead Wessex into LIF when the MMO is released. I am looking to build it up to its former greatness and I am looking for new members who are enthusiastic and passionate about the medieval feudalism era.

PM me if interested, or drop by our website at www.duchyofwessex.org to sign up or get more information.

Thanks

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 06 Dec 2014, 01:14

With the release of the last three patches, the Duchy Of Wessex server is becoming more active, even seeing the return of several long time members who finally see a sandbox MMO worth playing.

As Sir Kaylem (Jade) has posted, if you have ever been interested in playing in a true, feudal society, look us up at http://www.duchyofwessex.org.

Return to Guild Recruitment