Farmer or Blacksmith LFG (North America CST)

For the sole purpose of guilds recruiting members.

Holticus
Devoted Believer

Farmer or Blacksmith LFG (North America CST)

Post by Holticus » 22 Jun 2017, 15:34

I'm new to Life is Feudal, but I really enjoy it so far. I would like to be either a Farmer or a Blacksmith. I'm located in North America in CST zone. I'm looking for a guild that could use either of those type characters and is ok with me being a casual player. My job requires traveling, so there will be times I can't play, but I will inform everyone when I will be gone. As a person, I'm a pretty laid back guy with a bit of sarcasm.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: Farmer or Blacksmith LFG (North America CST)

Post by Azzerhoden » 22 Jun 2017, 23:37

I invite you to review our lore and history and consider joining us: http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/the-duchy-of-wessex-kingdom-of-hyperion-t18028/
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Holticus
Devoted Believer

Post by Holticus » 27 Jun 2017, 09:53

Azzerhoden,
I have started my application to the Duchy of Wessex, but will not have a character name until the next wave. Once I have a name, then I will finish my application. I do have one question, though. What is the requirement for role-playing? I like how your hierarchy is set up, but I'm not much of a role-player. I'll do what my role requires me to do, but I won't speak or call anyone "Your Majesty" through voice apps (Discord, Vent, TS, C3, etc.). I don't mind others that get that much into role-playing... it's just not for me. Will that be an issue in the Duchy of Wessex?

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 28 Jun 2017, 15:39

Holticus wrote:Azzerhoden,
I have started my application to the Duchy of Wessex, but will not have a character name until the next wave. Once I have a name, then I will finish my application. I do have one question, though. What is the requirement for role-playing? I like how your hierarchy is set up, but I'm not much of a role-player. I'll do what my role requires me to do, but I won't speak or call anyone "Your Majesty" through voice apps (Discord, Vent, TS, C3, etc.). I don't mind others that get that much into role-playing... it's just not for me. Will that be an issue in the Duchy of Wessex?

Not at all. What you have stated "I'll do what my role requires me to do" is the heart of what light role-playing is all about. My role in the guild as Chancellor and as a Baronet simply means that I have a job with responsibilities in the guild and in the game. No one calls me sir in Discord, and most of the time they abbreviate my name to 'Azz', as in 'Hey Azz, we need ...'

In writing we typically refer to people by their title as part of that light RP, but in Discord is sounds silly. We are all just folks with real lives who like fighting others in games. Hell, most of SSR is active or inactive military for that matter. :)

Also, don't worry about the name - most members make changes to theirs as they go along. I tend to adjust mine to fit whatever game I am playing.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to Guild Recruitment