Fix Durability

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Rankor2001
True Believer

Fix Durability

Post by Rankor2001 » 31 Jan 2018, 16:59

LiF Dev Team,

Please look into adjusting both the rate of durability loss and the effectiveness of repair kits.

Durability loss needs to be toned down about 3-4x OR kit effectiveness needs to be improved by about the same factor...with significant differences in using medium and large kits.

From the realism perspective, it's unrealistic that a blacksmith shop, or any building would "break" in one day of heavy use...it currently makes more sense to rebuild buildings vs. repair, which is unrealistic.

Also, please consider lowering "Building Maintain" in the construction tier as a side progression so that it could be open to more people, since durability loss is so rampantly controlling game time.

Ideally - all ideas might be considered :)

Here's a stretch idea as a bonus...As a benefit to having high building maintain, what if there was a building kit that improved the total durability and "quality" of buildings? This would allow building maintainers to both repair and improve blacksmith shops and such using "advanced" kits...

There are posts all over the forums on how durability loss is impacting game play - I think the above would vastly improve the game play and allow time towards more meaningful accomplishments.

Regards,

Hodo

Re: Fix Durability

Post by Hodo » 31 Jan 2018, 20:00

I thought the same thing till I saw the quality of the materials in the building, effected the overall quality of the building. Which in turn made the building last WAY longer when it is of higher quality.

I think our smithy can go through and make several thousand nails before it is even down 25%. But we spent a GOOD deal of time and effort to make a high quality smithy.

Like my loom has been going strong now and I have cranked out a few hundred balls of linen string.

That and a high quality medium repair kit will repair quite a bit if used by a person with decent skill.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Rankor2001
True Believer

Post by Rankor2001 » 01 Feb 2018, 03:06

Maybe someone has some maths they could convince me with...but it feels grueling and the gain feels insufficient... just saying it needs to be tweaked so that it doesn't run the builder's life...increase effectiveness of repair kits, reduce durability loss, or open the skill to more people...i don't think that's an unfair suggestion for the "feedback" section.

Redmantle

Post by Redmantle » 02 Feb 2018, 10:45

I find its the same in all current sandbox survivals. Things break way way too quick.

Marx

Post by Marx » 02 Feb 2018, 15:54

Try spending the mats on mediums..

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 09 Feb 2018, 15:33

Marx wrote:Try spending the mats on mediums..

Rest in peace mediums.
They were secretly material efficient, but now they're trash. Small is the only option now.

AlexStarwind

Post by AlexStarwind » 16 Feb 2018, 02:53

Durability doesn't make any sence at this moment. Best option will be if building/workshop stop working at some fixed durability level, not at percentage. Right now there is no real point looks for high quality materials because it takes lots of time, but have little affect on how long things will work. I build first kiln of Q10 clay, fiber and water. All this materials I collect right near the base in 2 minutes. Kiln get 3100 durability and make 1.5 full loads of glass till brake. For second kiln I spend 15-20 minutes looking and collecting Q80 clay, Q85 water and Q30 fiber. This kiln get 6900 durability and survive 2 full load of glass. It stop working at 3400 durability. First - in that 20 minutes of collecting high quality materials I can build 5 low quality kilns. Second - kiln made of low quality materials can work at 3100 durability and kiln make of high quality materials can't work at 3400 durability? Very logical and realistic....
Devs, please reconsider durability mechanics. This one of the points why game loose players...

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 16 Feb 2018, 15:33

AlexStarwind wrote:Durability doesn't make any sence at this moment. Best option will be if building/workshop stop working at some fixed durability level, not at percentage. Right now there is no real point looks for high quality materials because it takes lots of time, but have little affect on how long things will work. I build first kiln of Q10 clay, fiber and water. All this materials I collect right near the base in 2 minutes. Kiln get 3100 durability and make 1.5 full loads of glass till brake. For second kiln I spend 15-20 minutes looking and collecting Q80 clay, Q85 water and Q30 fiber. This kiln get 6900 durability and survive 2 full load of glass. It stop working at 3400 durability. First - in that 20 minutes of collecting high quality materials I can build 5 low quality kilns. Second - kiln made of low quality materials can work at 3100 durability and kiln make of high quality materials can't work at 3400 durability? Very logical and realistic....
Devs, please reconsider durability mechanics. This one of the points why game loose players...

Max durability is an indication of quality of the structure, many crafting building have quality influence, I think there might be a few that even have as high as 30% influence though most seem to be around 5-10% influence.
The formula is Structure quality is = (Max durability - 5000) / 16000

AlexStarwind

Post by AlexStarwind » 19 Feb 2018, 20:15

I know this formulas and know that quality of workshop affect quality of products. My point is that real differents in quality and quantity of product from low and high quality workshop is so small that it next to nothing. And why workshop stop working at half durability and not at some fixed ammount which is more realistic. As I wright before: Low quality kiln works at 3000 durability and high qality kiln not working at 3900.

Return to Feedback Section