Fix repair kits please.

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

TalisStormbringer
True Believer

Fix repair kits please.

Post by TalisStormbringer » 10 Feb 2018, 12:10

Honestly I think you had the medium repair kit right for the material cost that it repaired 700 points per repair and I think you should have increased the small repair kit to 200 and the large repair kit to 2400

If you stop and look at this. To repair kitchens, carpentry shops, blacksmiths, forges, furnaces, kilns, bloomerys, tanning tubs, herb gardens and everything else that has durability the amount of resources your asking for this 1 task is insane and game ruining.

If the nerf for these repair kits is about guilds just repair gates when they are being invaded then make it so only gates and walls are repaired for only 100/300/700 per item when being attacked or something but don’t ruin the game.

Who wants to play this game when you have to repair end game building and it takes up 75% of resources produced…

Trenton1121

Re: Fix repair kits please.

Post by Trenton1121 » 11 Feb 2018, 20:58

I agree with the OP here, for sieges repairs shouldnt be as huge, but when out of combat repairs should be more. Just made a 87Q kitchen with 60q repair kits and 62 maintain skill and small kits only repair barely over 100 dura now thats insane. Hell making the nails takes too much dura to smelt forge then repair all 3 buildings and doesnt feel right at all.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 12 Feb 2018, 14:19

Simple fix for repairs is, no repairs for 60seconds after a structure takes damage. So if a structure is under attack you cant fix it.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Vorl

Post by Vorl » 12 Feb 2018, 16:08

Hodo wrote:Simple fix for repairs is, no repairs for 60seconds after a structure takes damage. So if a structure is under attack you cant fix it.

That doesn't work. If you want to make that a thing for walls/gates cool.

That doesn't work for things you need to repair as they are being used to maintain product quality.

kitchens, blacksmiths shops, etc all need to be repaired as they are being used so you don't hurt the quality of the items you are making.

The whole quality degrades as the durability of your shop/forge and anvil/bloomery etc goes down is silly, just like an object losing functionality at half durability.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 12 Feb 2018, 17:23

Vorl wrote:

That doesn't work for things you need to repair as they are being used to maintain product quality.

kitchens, blacksmiths shops, etc all need to be repaired as they are being used so you don't hurt the quality of the items you are making.

The whole quality degrades as the durability of your shop/forge and anvil/bloomery etc goes down is silly, just like an object losing functionality at half durability.

The change was brought about because of people repairing walls, towers, and other buildings during JH attacks. And out repairing the damage being done by siege weapons like trebutchets.

If a Kitchen, blacksmith shop or the others is getting damage while you are repairing them, then it should not let you repair them. Most of the time if you are just repairing because of wear and tear, then you shouldn't have a problem then.

Vorl

Post by Vorl » 12 Feb 2018, 18:59

Hodo wrote:
Vorl wrote:

The change was brought about because of people repairing walls, towers, and other buildings during JH attacks. And out repairing the damage being done by siege weapons like trebutchets.

If a Kitchen, blacksmith shop or the others is getting damage while you are repairing them, then it should not let you repair them. Most of the time if you are just repairing because of wear and tear, then you shouldn't have a problem then.

I don't get what your point is here. I know you understand that just using the structures causes damage to them.

If the devs were able to envision/code a system basic enough to distinguish between a person hitting a structure with a weapon of some sort, or someone using it, they wouldn't have put a global nerf in place for all repairs to just fix someone fixing walls/gates too fast. nerfing repair kits has huge ramifications beyond just PvP, but that wasn't considered.

You can't claim that the repair kits were OP before for every day use.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 12 Feb 2018, 20:49

Vorl wrote:
I don't get what your point is here. I know you understand that just using the structures causes damage to them.

If the devs were able to envision/code a system basic enough to distinguish between a person hitting a structure with a weapon of some sort, or someone using it, they wouldn't have put a global nerf in place for all repairs to just fix someone fixing walls/gates too fast. nerfing repair kits has huge ramifications beyond just PvP, but that wasn't considered.

You can't claim that the repair kits were OP before for every day use.

Why would you repair WHILE the structure is in use? It doesn't effect quality of anything if the structure is slightly damaged from use.

And no one I know repairs any structures while they are being used. They just wait so they can repair it all at once.

Vorl

Post by Vorl » 13 Feb 2018, 02:34

Well clearly, is no one you know of does it, it must not happen.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 13 Feb 2018, 14:48

Vorl wrote:Well clearly, is no one you know of does it, it must not happen.

Man you are full of assumptions.

I can see you refuse to even listen to reason and understand that repairing while something is in use, or actively being damaged is OP as hell. You cant replace a piston while the engine is running.

Vorl

Post by Vorl » 13 Feb 2018, 21:31

The part that I agree with that you may have missed is that I agree for game mechanics sake that repairing a wall/gate while it's being damaged isn't something that should happen.

Ass for the rest of the game, you clearly don't get that none of this is realistic, so why should repairing something in use be out?

a Forge and anvil taking damage like it does? Never happens. Anvils last multiple generations of heavy use. Can they once in a great while suffer damage? Sure, but nothing like this game.

A kiln burning out? How?
a furnace burning out? Again, how?
How does a kitchen need to be repaired before many years exactly?

How does quality of something go down because the tool/structure you are using goes down?
Fishing poles?
Crucible and tongs?
a blacksmith hammer
Almost any tool really.

Don't try to bring reason into a game full of fantasy and fallacy.

Also, you are the one full of assumptions.

After my claiming how something can be done, your retort was "well no one I know does that". What was your point exactly? I was simply calling you out of your assumption that if no one you know does it, that must mean it doesn't happen, therefor my point of the need doesn't exist or isn't valid.

If someone can damage a stove/anvil/any number of silly things by using them, then someone else can certainly repair it while it's in use.

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 13 Feb 2018, 21:37

Vorl wrote:And you clearly don't get that none of this is realistic, so why should repairing something in use be out?

a Forge and anvil taking damage like it does? Never happens. Anvils last multiple generations of heavy use. Can they once in a great while suffer damage? Sure, but nothing like this game.

A kiln burning out? How?
a furnace burning out? Again, how?
How does a kitchen need to be repaired before many years exactly?

How does quality of something go down because the tool/structure you are using goes down?
Fishing poles?
Crucible and tongs?
a blacksmith hammer
Almost any tool really.

Don't try to bring reason into a game full of fantasy and fallacy.

Also, you are the one full of assumptions.

After my claiming how something can be done, your retort was "well no one I know does that". What was your point exactly? I was simply calling you out of your assumption that if no one you know does it, that must mean it doesn't happen, therefor my point of the need doesn't exist or isn't valid.

If someone can damage a stove/anvil/any number of silly things by using them, then someone else can certainly repair it while it's in use.

No the durability of the tool does not effect the quality of a product.

I have a steel knife I use to make arrows with. It is 80ql, I can crank out 80ql arrows limited by my skill every day. My durability drops to 10 on my knife and I still crank out 80ql arrows. The durability of the tool does NOT effect the final quality of the product.

I did not say you CANT fix things that are in use, I said you should NOT be able to fix things that are being damaged. This means if someone is beating on a house with a siege torch, you should not be able to fix it while it being hit.

Return to Feedback Section