FOREST DEATH

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Mak74

FOREST DEATH

Post by Mak74 » 11 May 2017, 06:02

I don't know is the right place, but the forest maintenance is bugged, broken don't fuction.......many player have seen the death of all the trees like oak and apple tree, changing the aspect of the server......A DESERT. when the winter finish, the quality of trees become under 10 quality.......after.........some days and all the tree at south and in many section of map disappeared............OK dev the game at this state is unplayable, only solution seem a whipe.....fix this algoritm, please....... better some lag for the many trees on the map, but a desert is not a solution.........i know some admin try a solution, but is normal?.....don't is the job of an admin.....is the job of a dev......try a solution fast PLEASE!

Losthorizon350
Beta Tester

Re: FOREST DEATH

Post by Losthorizon350 » 11 May 2017, 06:37

Mak74 wrote:I don't know is the right place, but the forest maintenance is bugged, broken don't fuction.......many player have seen the death of all the trees like oak and apple tree, changing the aspect of the server......A DESERT. when the winter finish, the quality of trees become under 10 quality.......after.........some days and all the tree at south and in many section of map disappeared............OK dev the game at this state is unplayable, only solution seem a whipe.....fix this algoritm, please....... better some lag for the many trees on the map, but a desert is not a solution.........i know some admin try a solution, but is normal?.....don't is the job of an admin.....is the job of a dev......try a solution fast PLEASE!

Dunno, I don't have such problems on my West. Yep, we've lost a plenty of wood after the winter, but not as much as you describe.

Mak74

Post by Mak74 » 11 May 2017, 08:07

Dunno, the forest algoritm don't fuction, you lose the tree and become desert, see discussion on steam, many other player and admin have this problem, with time the server have no trees, only pine and fir remain, oak and other trees disappear.......your server is wiped recently?, is new...?.....wait some time.....i see a lot of server with this issue, and wipe for this......the patch for the forest is broken......see the picture i attach to this post.......
Attachments
deserto.jpg
DESERTO LIF
deserto.jpg (125.72 KiB) Viewed 564 times

Arrakis
Website & Forum Manager

Post by Arrakis » 11 May 2017, 12:41

Hey, could you please send a report with all the details and DB export to helpme@lifeisfeudal.com? Once we have that we will be able to investigate your issue.

Mak74

Post by Mak74 » 11 May 2017, 21:59

Dear Arrakis, i'm only a player, i don't have time to spend for convince you and the dev, ask many player if you would, or admin, travel in different server, see the disaster of this algoritm, for me is ok, the problem is yours.....if you resolve i'm happy, if you don't resolve is same, i play another game until the fix is online with new patch. thank again

Arrakis
Website & Forum Manager

Post by Arrakis » 12 May 2017, 19:59

It's not about convincing anyone, it's about data that we need to see in order to find out what is wrong. Without that data, we can't really do anything to help you. It seems that what you're basically saying right now is "I have a problem, solve it now! But I won't give you anything that will help!"

Mak74

Post by Mak74 » 12 May 2017, 23:50

My english is not good i think......sorry Arrakis, i try to told you and dev, this problem is not only mine, but in general, many server i visited have the same problem.......many has wipe in April......don't strange?....see the new forest patch, after winter the trees start to vanished, first the quality become max 10, after.........DESERT, i post you a picture on the server i played, but i repeat is not only my problem, is a problem in general, a problem can cause a wipe of the server......

MasterChief
True Believer

Post by MasterChief » 13 May 2017, 07:37

private servers use mostly TreeAgingSpeed =4 for trees (player dont want to wait 2 and more weeks to cut the trees) means they grow 4 time faster than in MMO,
max tree age is around 330 days, like in MMO, so if u use 4x time in private server , trees only last up to 15 RL, not like 40 RL in MMO,
so they die faster than they regrow, your server admin should raise the maxtreeage for the server, if u dont want a desert.

Elgar

Post by Elgar » 13 May 2017, 14:15

MasterChief wrote:private servers use mostly TreeAgingSpeed =4 for trees (player dont want to wait 2 and more weeks to cut the trees) means they grow 4 time faster than in MMO,
max tree age is around 330 days, like in MMO, so if u use 4x time in private server , trees only last up to 15 RL, not like 40 RL in MMO,
so they die faster than they regrow, your server admin should raise the maxtreeage for the server, if u dont want a desert.

330 / 4 = 82.5 in-game days x 3 real hours = 247.5 real hours = 10.3 real days, not 15. Or am I missing something ?

Very interesting subject by the way. I have also forest death issue on my server and I try to find the best balance.
"Life is Feudal punches you in the mouth and then laughs at you for bleeding." - Saxxon

Mak74

Post by Mak74 » 13 May 2017, 23:21

ok listen, i see and play a server vanilla (x1 velocity) after the patch of forest.....now is a semi-desert, with all the trees under or same 10 quality......the speed you intend, don't change nothing, only the server have more time first to become a desert, only this, but the dead of all trees is inevitable......but the word is finished, stop, for me is ok, continue to wipe server and good game.

Return to General Discussion