[MMO] Friday’s Hottest Patch (0.11.4.1)

Everything you need to know about what’s happening in Life is Feudal.

Mcnamara

Re: [MMO] Friday’s Hottest Patch (0.11.4.1)

Post by Mcnamara » 27 Jan 2018, 13:44

I can appreciate the manual gathering system. but I can not appreciate the random and decreasing quality of gathered and tiles.

Rorydenney

Post by Rorydenney » 27 Jan 2018, 14:14

This hotFix while a step in the right direction is more of a slight shuffle. now prepare yourselves here comes the maths train.
to raise slinger from 0 to 60 takes 15000 qul 90 sling ammo and the 1282 slings required to sling them, now after the patch my 94 natures lore and my patch of 80 to 100 qul cliff side nets me on average 50ish qul sling ammo and the qul of the ammo effects the damage you do and the damage effects your exp gain and 50 qul ammo does about half the damage meaning half the exp so to get the same amount of exp you need double the ammo so thats 30000 ammo ish now. Next up the slings. This ones a double wammy as you need to throw double the stones from double the slings and as the qul of the slings will take a hit from the lower qul plant fibre you need more slings as each sling can throw less rocks so lets be kind and say you need like 2.2 times the number of slings thats 2820 slings meaning 28200 plant fibre. And next we take all this lovely maths and throw it in the bin as because EVERY GATHERING ACTION LOWERS GROUND QUL the quality of item you pull is going to drop the more you pull so instead of staying constant the more you grind the more you have to grind to be able to grind.

In short: stop soil degradation from gathering and make it so the item qul is the same as the tile qul or gathering skill which ever is lower like it used to be. This randomness is complete BS the rest of the patch works I like the change but it needs to be fixed.

NatFaler

Post by NatFaler » 27 Jan 2018, 14:17

Если вы и хотите избавиться от афк фармеров, то нужно это делать ПООЩРЯЯ обычный фарм. Никто не собирается проводить пол дня для выфармливания самых обычных волокон. НАГРАЖДАЙТЕ игроков за высокий уровень скила по добыче материалов. ПУСТЬ ОНИ СТРЕМЯТСЯ повысить его, чтобы добывать ЗНАЧИТЕЛЬНО БОЛЬШЕ материалов.
>30 очков в знание природы? Вот твои положенные ~3 волокна и иди ищи снова материалы.
>100 навык знания природы?! Ого! Вот твои положенные ~10 волокон за раз! Молодец! И погляди сколько еще волокон вокруг! Беги собирай!

Единственное, что радует, так это быстрая реакция разработчиков на "горение" комъюнити. Хорошо, что хоть от части прислушиваетесь и реагируете. Но все же текущий "план по устранению афк фармеров" очень далёк от идеала.

Упростите фарм. Прислушайтесь к людям. Нет ничего плохого в том, чтобы слушать простых игроков и помогать им. Наша жизнь итак сложна, не стоит делать ее более "феодальной".

Ombror

Post by Ombror » 27 Jan 2018, 18:53

after a more complete test, i need to change my mind :

-new system gathering wild plant : i still say it's a good idea, because it's way more efficient, we make less fails.

-new system gathering material : i still say that random item + random quality is a huge fail, change that !

-but regarding gathering something edible : i test it a now i can say it's also a good idea. It's far more efficient with low fails, so in 10 minutes i got a lots of mushrooms + beries, where with the old system i should have got 1 or 2 mushrooms. Random quality can balance the fact that we don't decrease soil quality, so for me it's a very good thing.

On this patch : 66% succed (wild plants + mushrooms) and 33% fail (fibers / stones / ammos). Bring us back the old system or put fixed qualiy = soil quality and you will have about 100% succeed on this change.

Nate884

Post by Nate884 » 28 Jan 2018, 05:01

Thank you for an awesome patch! I like the gathering plant feature now especially, I can actually pick and choose the plant/seed I want instead of having my guy claw at the dirt wondering what he will come up with...

My initial feedback on the material search is that plant fiber is a little more difficult to get now, so perhaps a minor adjustment either to how much simple cloth is needed or how much experience one gains from tailoring? If not, I am still good with it, it will truly make a tailor a sought after profession that few will be doing for the initial grind.

I personally much prefer this over the 'stand in one high quality spot gathering fiber will you minimize the game and do other stuff', I enjoy the searching and gathering now... but I can see it making tailoring take an extremely long time to gain skill in... But I am a long time player and intend to be for much longer, so if it was a fully intended extension of that skill tree, I'm good with it.

In summary, thank you for a cool patch! Perhaps some minor tweaking will be in order as we all get a chance to test it further and provide feedback, but thank you for making it more fun and hands on.

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 28 Jan 2018, 08:18

Much more solid JH tonight guys. Sitting on 42 Buyan, we didn't experience the server lag, dispatcher disconnect and saw very few nodes going down despite the 2.6k+ pop I saw at once.
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

KaCaTuK
True Believer

Post by KaCaTuK » 28 Jan 2018, 13:59

KaCaTuK wrote:Не пашет

Добавление починили а раздача прав не работает

Hodo

Post by Hodo » 29 Jan 2018, 15:39

HolyAvengerOne wrote:Much more solid JH tonight guys. Sitting on 42 Buyan, we didn't experience the server lag, dispatcher disconnect and saw very few nodes going down despite the 2.6k+ pop I saw at once.

Same on 31 Buyan.

The server actually was smooth and stable the whole time, was able to log out and in without issue, no crashes. And we had about 80 people fighting in one area with no real lag issues.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Alexander_Rus
True Believer

Post by Alexander_Rus » 29 Jan 2018, 16:39

Very bad decision - to take and to come up with randomly picking up plant fibers and silicon !!! What the hell kind of a handful of silicon and fibers , disposable - and even different quality ? Why it was necessary to cancel the collection of silicon-on stone and rocky terrain ? Please collect fibers and silicon , as it was before !!!! :shock: :sorry:

HolyAvengerOne

Post by HolyAvengerOne » 31 Jan 2018, 02:38

Alexander_Rus wrote:Very bad decision - to take and to come up with randomly picking up plant fibers and silicon !!! What the hell kind of a handful of silicon and fibers , disposable - and even different quality ? Why it was necessary to cancel the collection of silicon-on stone and rocky terrain ? Please collect fibers and silicon , as it was before !!!! :shock: :sorry:

No, please do not. It was mindless, numbing and afk gameplay.
Lord Fyrr Deerd'an | Pope of Riftwood, a division of Lux Astra Sanctorum [LAST] | Buyan (NA-E)

Miguel_806

Post by Miguel_806 » 06 Feb 2018, 06:25

No rollback yet???

i hate this gathering patch it just sucks a lot cant even get one.. JUST ONE herb Q100.... i'm NL 100 and Soil is at 100... so wth really...

Return to News and Information