Game-breaking exploit (see all players/animals on map)

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Re: Game-breaking exploit (see all players/animals on map)

Post by Azzerhoden » 20 Feb 2017, 03:49

Linbaba wrote:I've never met a RPer in any game whatsoever who was any good at pvp.

Once again, then you don't get out much.

I suppose it all depends on how limited you define RP. Are you talking "Shakespeare is the park", or are you talking about practical RP, which is what's in the signature? What's practical RP?

In any event, getting a bit off track here. The OP has nothing to do with RP and more about how several of you seem to be so offended because I don't consider this issue to be game breaking. Please, carry on.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Asimov

Post by Asimov » 20 Feb 2017, 09:35

Holy fuck! This thread just show how much we need the mmo up and running very very fast, so Bobik get your finger out your ass, before this forum explodes...

I make 1 simple joke about not that many trees in the mmo and 1 statement, that most people dont live where there is trees. I even say yes it should ofc be fixed...
Then this:

Grimmblut wrote:
Asimov wrote:I am just saying the argument about it is a huge problem in the mmo i would say is not true, since most people live in flatten areas with very few trees.

Even if battles are not fought in forests, they are still used and needed to sneak up to an enemy or to retreat into when things go wrong.

Another argument is that the initial map won't stay the same for long. One of the first things people will do is planting trees to ensure a steady supply with wood. One row of trees is enough to block your own view and give the exploiter the advantage.

Last but not least, as already has been pointed out, you can set the range at which buildings and walls are rendered to a smaller value than the range at which animals and players are rendered. That would give you a perfect x-ray view into an enemy settlement. You got to admit that this is game-breaking as well altough it has nothing to do with trees.

Ok i say it again, MOST people live where there is no trees. Yes there might be small guilds who live in the mountain, but dont you think developers should put much more focus in to bigger problems then this ? We have lived with greater bugs for longer time. If you like PvP that much, you should know about the partisan problem.

Yes there might come up trees soon. No oaks though in this next wave. But the wave after we will see some medium oaks. Are we really in a hurry ?

Well i am sorry to break it to you. When they fix this bug, you can still look in to castles, see a long distance in the woods and where people hide the stuff under ground. Another bug. So trust me you are not safe when this has been fixed.
Only way to get safer is to be better at fighting and team up with other people who is good at fighting

BlackjackBarret
Devoted Believer

Post by BlackjackBarret » 22 Feb 2017, 18:02

Hello all, It seems this issue has been resolved in the current Beta version of the mmo. I'm using my old prefs file and I'm forced to have trees within a reasonable range. The trees however are not fully rendered and the prefs still increase my fps overall.

http://i.imgur.com/1WlAIhe.jpg

Grimmblut
Zealous Believer

Post by Grimmblut » 22 Feb 2017, 20:45

Thank you, developers. :)

Genoshan
True Believer

Post by Genoshan » 23 Feb 2017, 05:23

excellent.

Return to General Discussion